“Sleek modern beauty!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New Jersey
“Sleek modern beauty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My best friend and I spent a long "girls" weekend at the W and had an amazing time! We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom flat, which was unbelievable! It was a massive apartment with everything you could ever need. The hotel has a very modern and sleek feel to it and everything is extremely clean. We used the pool on the hotel side, as that's where the action is at. It's a great spot, overlooking the ocean, with a pool, hot tub, bar, food service, beds, etc. Great place to spend an afternoon. The staff was always very helpful and friendly. The hotel is located directly across from the beach and within walking distance of a ton of great bars and restaurants. The parking rate is a little pricey, but overall that's my only complaint!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Jhn – Yeah! I am so excited to hear your girl’s weekend was a success. We can’t wait to welcome you back again.

Happy travels,
J Doucette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,143)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This W is oozes "cool" the minute you walk in the door. It's a beautiful place. The check-in process was smooth and room was nicely decorated with a fantastic view. One item of note: the shower is not private! It's enclosed in glass and open to the sink area, so if you are with a group, be comfortable with them seeing you naked in the shower!

The pool area was really nice and the wait staff very attentive. The rest of the hotel could learn from this professional group.

The hotel bar and restaurant staff (save for the friendly guy at the morning coffee bar) were terribly slow and had to be flagged down every time we needed something. Housekeeping had to be called EVERY one of our three day stays to get the room made up. We had to call three times on one of the days to get new towels and have the trash emptied! When we addressed issues with management, we were given small financial concessions, but certainly not commensurate with the experience we had. For several hundred dollars a night, we expected a lot better. The restaurant comped a breakfast on our last day after complaining to a third person who finally called that manager. However, no sign of the GM or other member of hotel management. Front desk staff was nice and apologetic, but three days of lousy service should have received a higher level of attention.

Sorry, W Fort Lauderdale, won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Heather B
Heather B – Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit to W Fort Lauderdale. It is wonderful to read about your positive experiences with your check in and the WET Deck. It is disappointing to hear that you found our style and restaurant service to be inconsistent. I have shared this important feedback with our management team. We would welcome the opportunity to chat with you in further detail. Please reach out to GMscott.brooks@whotels.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

All the best ,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in January, and my wife and I really enjoyed the stay!
The hotel was new and beautiful, though it felt more or less similar to other W hotels we've stayed at in the past.
But what made this W Hotel really stand out was their excellent service.
The staffs were wonderful and I could see that they were trying very hard to meet the needs of their guests.
Both of us agreed that we definitely had the best experience ever among all our past W hotel stays.
And yes, we will definitely stay there again if we get a chance to visit Fort Lauderdale in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YBJay – We appreciate your review. It was our pleasure to host you and your family for your January getaway to W Fort Lauderdale. We hope to welcome you back again, another round of Whatever / Whenever service awaits you.

Until next time,
Paradise Island, New Providence Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My last trip to W Ft Lauderdale was fantastic, i'm always on business and I was surprised with the upgrade to a two bedroom apartment! Great view of the ocean and inter-coastal waterway.
I had a fantastic dinner at the restaurant, great seafood and steaks...really nice atmosphere at the bars before dinner...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WAYNE109 – Thanks for sharing your review. I am so happy to read our team helped to make your time on the road more comfortable. Whether for business or pleasure, you are welcome back anytime.

Safe travels,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the W Ft Lauderdale with my wife and 2 kids (ages 11 and 13). Aside from the wonderful lobby smell (how do they do that?) and decor, the visit began with an excellent first impression through attentive service during check-in. It was definitely a warm and inviting welcome. I had stayed at the Ritz Reynolds Plantation with my family the weekend prior and comparing the check-in experience and overall service at the two – W crushed it. Frankly don't know how that Ritz received its AAA Five Diamond rating.

I think our room was not ready so the front desk folks upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite (complete with 2 balconies, 3 living rms, a kitchen/dining area, 2 bathrooms, and 2 private bedrooms) for early check-in. My kids and I were used to prior stays in micro-rooms of the W in NYC, DC, and ATL, so they were very excited to have such ridiculous space. Very tastefully furnished as well. Appeared to be investor-owned/in the condo pool. The views of the beach and intracoastal were great, as were running routes along the beach for morning workout. Starbucks right down the street at the Westin for morning coffee, too. Only potential adverse observation was several guests in town for spring break and bachelorette parties (luckily not near our room). While I embrace a young crowd, I also value my sleep. Maybe it was just the time of year, but clearly much difft crowd than the W South Beach. But then again, I guess that could be said of Ft. Laud v. Miami in general!

The accommodations were fantastic and my family and I really appreciated the upgrade. We unfortunately did not get to spend much time in the room (nor at the property for that matter), as we were in town visiting many friends we made during the 13 yrs we lived in Aventura, FL (located about 15-20 mins south of the W). Even though we basically only spent sleeping time at the property, the W staff - from the front desk to the valets to the concierge (who incidentally was able to get us same-day reservations for 12 at Timpano when the restaurant said they were full) - made our stay an enjoyable one. I just hope we get to spend some time at the pool and more time in the room on our next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joey G – Thank you for the shining review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us and our team of talent helped you leave with a lasting impression. We hope to welcome you and your family back again.

Happy travels,
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was at this hotel last weekend and overall it was a good stay. It's in walking distance of several restaurants and the beach, and the views are gorgeous. The staff, for the most part, was very nice and accommodating and the room service we received was delicious. We had really good drinks in the Living Room lounge and the atmosphere was typical W.

There were a few strange things, however. First, our water was yellow. When we filled our tub and our sink, it was a weird neon yellow which was a bit off putting. Additionally, the sheets smelled a bit unpleasant. I'm not able to review the pool or the beach as the weather in Miami was very cool and windy that weekend, but the pool, from what I could see, wasn't to die for. When I left, there were a few items on my bill that shouldn't have been there and they forgot to credit me my 500 Platinum amenity points.

Overall, it was a fun trip and a great stay, but I'm not sure I'd pay the price to stay there again.

Room Tip: As stated before, try to get a room in Tower 1. Also, the website states that the One-Bedroom suites...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nikki30M
Nikki30M – Thanks for sharing the details of your stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our beach location and the W Vibe. It is disappointing to read your visit did not meet your expectations and we would welcome the opportunity to chat with you in further detail. Please reach out to GMscott.brooks@whotels.com so we can hear more about your stay. Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stared 4 days- February 21 to sunday February 24th the unit was on the 12
floor of the residence side the unit number was #1202.
I know there are better W Hotels in the chain this W Ft. Lauderdale Hotel and Residences.
The room on the 12 floor had yellow water coming out of the faucets, showers smell of bacterial spores, there was no soap for washing hands, only one toilet paper in each bathrooms, no extra towels, sheets or pillows, one housekeeping service the entire stay who did nothing when she came into the room. The bathtub in #1202 water was not only yellow it took 35 minutes for tub to be drained.
Called the person who managed the room and she said no one ever complained about the yellow water before, no towels or toiletries and asked about clean sheets and towels and was told there is a washer and dryer in the master bedroom!!!!
Was not Impressed at all with this hotel, Lies, rip off and very deceiving.
This lady never attempted to fix any of the problems at all.
Not Worthy of Four Stars, Nice area, horrible hotel and lousy service.

Not exactly what one should expect as to how a room is made up at a 4- star hotel.
There were no cotton balls, Q-tips, shower cap or blow dryer like most good hotels provide and although there are robes, there are no slippers. The bathtub sits in the bedroom with nothing blocking the tub from the bed and being open to the bedroom, a most unusual arrangement.
Very disappointed. End up going out to buy laundry detergent, soap, q-tips etc...
Perhaps the "W" stands for: "Whatever
Steak 954 is Overrated was not impressed at all, food was good but not excellent and extremely expensive.
On a positive note - location is good- right on the beach and walking distance to several restaurants and the views was great. I just want people to take
responsibility. It is the integrity of the W hotels name I want to
save here!!
I truly understand that you take review authenticity very seriously, and take steps to ensure that reviews are accurately associated with vacation rentals.
I truly appreciate your seriousness in your reviews.
I thank you sincerely,

NB
~

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NisaRon B
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Nisa_2012 - We appreciate you taking the time to share the details of you visit to W Fort Lauderdale. It is disappointing to read about the opportunities you experienced while here. We would welcome the opportunity to chat with you in further detail about your stay. Please reach out to GManthony.livoti@whotels.com so we can discuss. Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,