“Some of The Most Personal Service I've Ever Experienced!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W Fort Lauderdale

W Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #25 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Potomac, Maryland
“Some of The Most Personal Service I've Ever Experienced!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just arrived for a 2-night stay at the W Ft. Lauderdale with my wife, 3 kids, and our nanny. We are staying a beautiful 2-bedroom "Marvelous Flat."

Knowing that we were arriving at night, I contacted the hotel by e-mail earlier this week to request that a crib and roll away beds be set up in our room in advance of our arrival. I got a quick reply from one of the W "Insiders" letting me know that my request would be taken care of.

To my surprise, I got a call last night from Ryan Thomas at the hotel who just wanted to confirm that he had already pre-blocked our room, and had the room set up as we had requested so that it would be ready for our arrival. This morning, Bobby Harris from the hotel called to let me know that he also had checked on the room for us, and that he would look forward to meeting us upon check-in to take us to our room.

When we arrived to the property this evening, Bobby immediately met us at the welcome desk as promised. We were quickly in our room, and it was indeed set up as promised. Best of all, Bobby was great with my kids as we were getting settled, and even sent up a plate of cookies & milk for them to have before bed.

I spend at least 50 nights per year in Starwood properties, and I can not remember a service experience as positive as this one. Clearly, if a guest makes their wishes known to this staff prior to arrival, this property will do whatever it can to accommodate. Can't wait to see how the rest of the stay is!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom flats are great for families. The rooms in this tower are quiet, have great views, an...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Tuftsguy – Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit to W Fort Lauderdale. Now this is the true definition of a Whatever / Whenever experience. I can’t wait to share this review with our team and celebrate Ryan and Bobby for exceeding your expectations. We can’t wait to welcome you and your family back again.

Happy travels,
J Doucette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,152)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week back in July. This was my first time at a W hotel, as I have a friend who works in corporate and highly recommended this specific Starwood Property for myself. I have to say, I experienced their "WOW" factor the entire time. From the service I received from everybody, cheerful, helpful, etc. to the experience at the restaurant Steak 954 as well as the Bliss Spa. Definitely is a must if traveling in the area as you will be more than satisfied. Make sure to book an Ocean View room!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mbm0303
Mbm030 – Wow! Thanks for the shining review. From indulging at STEAK954 to relaxing at Bliss Spa, you really know how to travel. We can’t wait to welcome you back again, another amazing ocean view awaits you.

Until next time,
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that I disagree with the folks who have complained about the service here. Every hotel staffer we have encountered has been stellar, and has gone above and beyond in ensuring that our needs are met from the valet, to the bellman, to the front desk staff, to the person who brought us our room service at midnight. We even asked for our cookies soft and chewy, and they baked a special set for us. I expect this at the Ritz or the Four Seasons, but it's a pleasant surprise at the W!

The one complaint I do have, is that the walls are paper thin, and we can hear our neighbor singing very badly in a yet to be determined language, and hear his tv better than our own. This does make for challenging sleep, but I will speak to the hotel staff today and see what they can do about it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SanjayH – Thank you for writing your review. I am thrilled to hear our team has helped to make your visit memorable with our signature Whatever / Whenever service. I see we were able to accommodate your request for a quieter room. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time with us, even after a little rearranging. You are welcome back, anytime!

Happy travels,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

W FORT LAUDERDALE has an excellent staff & service. I have stayed here several times & I have always found it to be consistent. I have resided in both the hotel rooms & also the residences. I have found W Fort Lauderdale to be the BEST...of several W's that I have visited. The W is in an EXCELLENT LOCATION. The GYM is fully equipped. The restaurants are wonderful along with the service. This most recent trip was both for business & pleasure. I would not hesitate to stay at the W FORT LAUDERDALE AGAIN!

Room Tip: A side room with both a view of the ocean & intercoastal way is BEST! It's worth seeing dow...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dgaribaldidpm – Thank you for the outstanding review! It is our pleasure to host you time and time again. I am thrilled to hear you continue to enjoy the location, SWEAT and Whatever / Whenever service. Whether for business, pleasure, or both, we can’t wait to welcome you back again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Im still here, stayed one night. The staff is very friendly. I have a later flight tonight and i have been planning around it my entire stay here. There are a lot of rules of when you can ask questions, late check out must be requested after 6 pm the day before. Hospitality suite on the other hand has to be requested after 6 am the day of. So I find myself on vacation for one night two days requesting a wake up call to make sure I can get a few minutes in the hospitality room. Pool is ver nice but it is very windy which can be nice but deceiving with the sun, we got a little burned and did not know until later. Being by the ocean and the wind has taken its toll on some of the outdoor furniture. The umbrellas are torn and frayed. The chairs are nice but some are held together with bungee cords and a few were just broken and did not incline evenly. My room was nice although we were above a kitchen or some air conditioners which were very loud so enjoying the balcony was out of the question. Overall nice just need to clean up a little to have a wow factor. I simply would have expected a little more.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Pdr207
Pdr207 – Thank you for sharing your review. I am delighted to hear our team won you over with their friendly service. Yes, we do have certain restrictions in place for late checkouts and our hospitality suite. As a busy resort hotel we try to accommodate all of our guest requests. I have shared your feedback about the WET Deck furniture with our Operations team. This useful information helps us to see the property through the guest’s eyes and we are working to make sure that everything is in tip top shape. Thanks again, we hope to welcome you back again.

Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The rooms are pleasantly decorated and very modern. Checkin was pleasant and they stored our bags for several hours as we had arrived early from a cruise. However...they lost one item. We did not discover this until day we left and asked to be phoned when they could check baggage room and never received a call back. Service in the steakhouse for breakfast was horrible. Stunningly so. The manager was very helpful in resolving the matter, but the server was so rude that we continue to talk about it as an unbelievable experience. Room service was excellent. A real highlight. The chicken soup was the best that I have ever eaten. Efficient and helpful, even on NYE. (Kudos to the staff who worked that evening-- from security to room service).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CanadaFamily
CanadaFamily – We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit to W Fort Lauderdale. While I appreciate the kudos to our Risk and In Room Dining teams, I am disappointed to read about the mishap with your luggage and the opportunity you experienced at breakfast. These are certainly not the kinds of memories we want our guests to leave with. We would welcome the chance to discuss your stay in further detail. Please reach out to GMscott.brooks@whotels.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was my first time staying at a W and I had high expectations. I read a lot of the reviews and tend to agree with most of them

Check in is on the 4th floor. The atmosphere when you walk in is amazing and the staff is very, very friendly.

The pool is located on the 5th floor overlooking the ocean. I was not crazy about the layout because it reminded me of Vegas. It was very crowded with rows and rows of people.

The beach is located across the street. There is a public beach attendant there and not enough chairs. We had to be put on a waiting list for chairs.

The decor is dated in the room compared to the lobby. The lighting in really bad. It's very dark. There is a curtain for the bathroom, shutters to cover the shower and a glass door for the toilet. The rooms are intimate and I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a room with someone I didn't know well. I was disappointed to not see a coffee maker in the room. For such an expensive Hotel, one should be provided. Nespresso would be the perfect fit for the W.

The bed was very comfortable. If you like sleeping on a cloud then you will love this bed. The cosmetics provided were very nice. Bliss is a brand that I wasn't familiar with and I loved it.

All in all, under the right circumstances, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JDoucette, Guest Relations Manager at W Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
JetSetterBrian – Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent visit to W Fort Lauderdale. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the W Signature bed and the in room bliss amenities. Although, disappointed to read you found the WET deck to be too busy and the room to be too dim. Please know we do have coffee makers for loan available as well as extra lighting. Anything you need, just ask! Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back again soon.