All reviews rooftop deck beach chairs across the street manager matt casablanca restaurant parking is tight boogie boards free beach perfect location small hotel walking distance king size boutique hotel fort lauderdale beach an ocean view room clean rooms night life
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Matt,the hotel manager, was awesome. He had an in-depth knowledge of the city and the location was superb. A quaint spot right on the beach with a breathtaking view. Salute.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Matt_Denson, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing us! As a local, I love this city and know it well. My team and I are always happy to share ideas when asked about what to do (and what not to do) so you get the most of your time in our beach town. I hope you both had fun on the Water Taxi and got to see some iguanas!
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you again soon in the heart of Fort Lauderdale beach.

Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Ok... this is the very best place in Ft Lauderdale beach hands down! Matt runs the place and I have never meet anyone so kind in all my life! This is my third year in a row and many more to come! I love The Snooze!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind words! Just like our hotel celebrates the classic days of Fort Lauderdale, I believe in providing a level of service to our guests that people just don't get to experience. I've stayed at hotels where I felt like an inconvenience just for checking in. We will not do that at the Snooze! You deserve a warm and sincere welcome. You deserve to have a hotel team that cares about providing you a fun memory-filled vacation. We are here to be of service to you, never the other way around. We know you work hard to enjoy your beach trip. Now it's our turn to work hard to make it happen.
We're always happy to help with great restaurant suggestions, fun things to see and do, whatever you need. I'm so glad to hear you had fun with us again at the Snooze! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

My 3 daughters and I stayed several nights for a girl’s vacation. It was perfect. It is so close to the beach and within walking distance to lots of restaurants. While it doesn’t have all of the amenities that some of the large chain hotels have in that area, it is very affordable compared to them and it is the same distance to the beach. We would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! We are the only economical option on the beach. Other hotels have a $100 resort fee, $40 parking fee, and $30 WiFi fee. I've never believed in hidden fees. You pay room and tax (credit card processor has a 2.99% credit card fee that doesn't apply to cash or debit guests).
We are a no frills hotel. We provide everything you need to enjoy the beach at 1/3rd the cost of our neighbors. You still get to enjoy our 2,000 square foot rooftop terrace, all the free beach gear you could want, 400 cable channels, and great WiFi. Our beach-themed rooms are spotless. Most importantly, you get the service you deserve. We know all about the area and are happy to help plan a wonderful vacation!
Thank you again for choosing us and for sharing your thoughts! We hope to see you again soon for a fun beach getaway!

Reviewed May 9, 2019

We stayed at this superbly situated hotel for two nights recently while travelling from Davenport to Key West. We had a room overlooking the beach that was large with a comfortable king bed, flat screen TV and a small kitchen with all the essentials. Snooze benefits from a free car park for guests, which is great as you do not need your car in Fort Lauderdale with most things within easy walking distance or via public transport. The main area, Los Olas Bvd., with its restaurants, bars and shops is within a 30 minute easy walk past the millionaires houses with their oh so essential boats docked at the bottom of their property's. Within spitting distance from the hotel is the beach and the clean, warm waters of the Atlantic. The beach is kept very clean by the local authority and is an animal free zone, so no nasty surprises underfoot! I have read comments about road noise on the frontage rooms but I must say we didn't find this an issue whatsoever.
In summary a great place and a great base to enjoy Fort Lauderdale, it's beach and all it has to offer.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank RADCTurton

Thank you for choosing us and for your 5 star review! Our oceanfront suites provide a wonderful view of our white sand beach. The front windows are hurricane proof so they are great at providing a view without sound.
We are in the heart of everything, another added plus of our property. Wonderful restaurants, excursions, and nightlife are all easy walking distance. Although we offer a free compact car parking spot, most guests don't bring a car.
Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience! We hope to see you again soon at the oceanfront Snooze Hotel

Reviewed May 4, 2019

A classic hotel overlooking the beach. Close to restaurants, coffee, shopping. Friendly management. Some rooms are large with two king-sized beds. Some rooms have small kitchens. The hotel is small and tucked into the surrounding buildings. The Ritz Carlton is just down the street - same view; much more expensive.

The décor is bright and colorful - "Florida". Rooms are basic.

Room tip: Some rooms face the beach. Ask Matt when you make your reservation
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Loucie
Matt_Denson, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing us! I like how you point out that we have the same view as the luxury hotel down the street. But, it's even better... Since they have hundreds of rooms, their section of the beach is crowded. With 19 rooms, our section of beach is far less crowded. We also have more free things for you to enjoy the beach than they do. We make it simple and affordable while celebrating the beach vibe and the classic era our Fort Lauderdale.
Thank you again for staying at the oceanfront Snooze! We hope to see you again soon in the heart of Fort Lauderdale beach.
Matt Denson