1,105 results
All reviews rooftop deck beach chairs across the street manager matt casablanca restaurant free beach boogie boards perfect location king size boutique hotel small hotel walking distance fort lauderdale beach clean rooms ocean front restaurants and bars coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2017

It's the perfect no-frills hotel across the street from the beach in a great location. Walking distance to many bars and restaurants. I got exactly what I was looking for because I didn't need a resort, with resort prices and $35 per night parking. Instead, our room at Snooze was very comfortable and the parking is free. We had an ocean-view room with an amazing view of the beach and the ocean and this room came with a kitchenette, which was great because it has a small fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and sink. Even though there are so many restaurants within walking distance, the kitchenette gave us the opportunity to eat several of our meals in our room. And when we did go out to eat next door is our favorite restaurant Casablanca with awesome food and patio views of the beach. The hotel staff are great. Very friendly and accommodating and you can tell they take pride in their hotel and are there to make your stay enjoyable. No hotel is perfect and neither is Snooze. The wi-fi in our 4th-floor room was virtually nonexistent. Even getting email was impossible with the weak signal. Forget streaming a Netflix movie or Youtube. They offer free beach towels, beach toys, suntan lotion, etc, but when we went to the beach there was only one towel left. Our bad luck. Later in the day there were plenty, so I learned to grab my towel early. Slow internet and lack of beach towels aside, I give this hotel my highest rating. We felt lucky we found Snooze and when I go back to Fort Lauderdale this is where I will be staying.

Room tip: I'm very glad I opted for the ocean view.
Date of stay: June 2017
3  Thank 767NickF
Matt_Denson, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

Thank you Nick for your stay and review! We are one of the few if not the only oceanfront hotel that offers free parking. I won't mention names but a hotel just down the street charges $39 a night to park. Our free beach gear is something our guests love. Sometimes, we get so caught up making sure our guests are having a great time and the rooms look fresh and clean that we don't get around to restocking the beach towels. I apologize for that. We have dozens and dozens of towels. Stop by the office and we will immediately get you all that you need.
The Casablanca is a great dinner spot (try the seared scallops and key lime pie!). Many of our guests go there and enjoy a great meal or drinks at their bar.
The oceanfront suites are my favorite! They are very spacious and have a 5 window panoramic ocean view. The kitchenettes are the same that we have in our rooms with 2 king beds and are great for eating in while enjoying the view.
Regarding the Internet, just today I have signed a new contract with Comcast to double the speed and the number of tv channels! It will cost us more but we know it's what our guests want. You deserve free and fast Internet so that is what you will get.
We look forward to having you stay with us again at the Snooze to see the other new things that will be in store for you.
Thanks again for choosing us!

Reviewed May 29, 2017

My husband and I returned today from our 4 night stay at the Snooze. We LOVED it! We have stayed at a few of the ocean front chain hotels nearby, but prefer the boutique atmosphere of the Snooze. We had a large, ocean front room (201) with a king bed and kitchenette. Very comfortable room. Our room was just adjacent to the smaller sundeck pictured with the blue chairs in many of the photos. There is also a large sun deck on the rooftop that has a spectacular view of the beach and ocean. Our room had large picture windows that looked right out to the beach! The room was clean, roomy and decorated as pictured in the photos. Bathroom with shower was also large. Everything super clean. Each day we used the beach towels, chairs and umbrella provided by the hotel. Gorgeous,clean sandy beach is just a few steps across the road. The location is just what we desire, as we do a lot of walking on the beach everyday, and also like to walk to the restaurants and bars nearby. The parking lot can be a little tight getting out of a space, but once you have it figured out, it was not a problem. Bring a small car! ALL the staff we met were wonderful! Very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Just so you know, there is an elevator, in room safe for guests, and you can buy wine and beer at the office, which was reasonably priced and selection was good. Looking forward to our next visit! :)

1  Thank 561rosemarys
Snooze_Hotel, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Thanks folks for choosing us and for your kind words of praise! I recently went on a vacation to Grand Turk and realized that our beach is much better. I tend to forget that some beaches are rocky. You are right that the beach across the street is clean with soft sand and crystal clear water. Next time I'll save money and stay home!
Our oceanfront suites are a nice way to have a great view of the ocean day and night. They are a spacious 450 square feet and come with a nice kitchenette. 201 is great because as you mentioned, our second floor terrace is right outside.
One of the things guests love is that we are in the heart of Fort Lauderdale beach. Everything is a very short walk (or Sun Trolley, or Water Taxi) away. One of the city's best restaurants, the Casablanca, is next door. Across the street, our guests now get a special discount rate for the jet ski rental. Everything you need for a great stay is right here.
Thanks again for staying and for your review. We hope to see you again by the sea!

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed May 20th for one night. Wish it was longer! Got there at ten am and Ashley not only allowed us into our room at that time, she provided us with beach chairs, beach towels and ice cold waters! Great room with two kings and a kitchenette. Very clean and right across from the beach and a stones throw to a great cafe next door. What more could you ask for! Great roof top too! Will be back!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank phalpin8
Snooze_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing the Snooze hotel !
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We definitely try to make our guests feel welcomed and do whatever it is to accommodate you guys. the rooftop is by far my favorite thing place in the hotel . The view of the ocean is amazing especially watching the sunset glow over the water. I absolutely love it. ! We definitely would love for you to stay with us again when you are in Fort Lauderdale. See you soon !

Kind Regards
Ashlie

Reviewed May 21, 2017

I recently stayed here for 3 nights.
The hotel itself is in a great location, directly across the street from the beach.
The room (2 king beds) was large and clean. The décor was modern and funky which I like.
There was a small fridge and microwave.
The rain showerhead looks more interesting than it actually was. The water pressure was so weak that it really didn't do much having it come from the ceiling.

The rooftop deck was very nice. Of course it is HOT during the day in the full sun, but the views are great. The furniture is pretty clean as well.

Free parking was nice. It is very tight and you will have to back out onto the street. There is no where to turn around. Must have a small car!

My issues with this place all have to do with the office policies and just how unorganized the office is in general. When I checked in there were at least 3 or 4 other guest's check in papers spread all over the counter. There were 2 people checking in before me and they were having issues trying to figure out which room they were in and for which nights. The guy working seemed a bit flustered and unorganized. This didn't really both me until I checked in and he said he needed to make a Xerox copy of my drivers license and credit card. This was made on one sheet of paper when I checked in. I didn't like that since as I am standing there I can see 2 other guests Xerox copy laying on the counter with their personal info.
When he goes to make the copy of my info he discovers he still has the drivers license and credit card for the guests who checked in before me in the Xerox machine. Those people have already gone to their room without knowing their cards are still in the Xerox machine!
Now I am bugged this guy is going to have a copy of my info but I decided I would just get it back when I checked out.
Fast forward to day 3 when I go down to check out with the manager and I ask for the Xerox copy of my drivers license and credit card and the manager tells me they have to keep it in file due to 9-11!?
Huh? He claims that for security he has to keep every guests personal info locked in their hotel office for one year. Then he will take it out and shred it up? I call BS on this policy. No other hotels I stay in ever make a Xerox of my drivers license and/or credit card. They just ask to see it to verify I am who I say I am and run the credit card thru the machine. No paper copies are ever made. It really bugs me that my info is now somewhere in their office for a whole year?
PASS! Not a policy I like and I would not stay here again until they change it.
If you are concerned at all about ID theft or your personal information you may want to look elsewhere.
I would not have stayed here if I knew this was their policy. Totally outdated and not the current way businesses try to protect their customer's personal information.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are best or you will be looking at another building next door.
6  Thank westcoastim
Snooze_Hotel, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2017

Thanks for your comments and letting us know what you enjoyed and what you felt needed improvement. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel and are happy that it pleased you. Our rooftop terrace is indeed a great spot although it can be quite hot during the day. It is also open until 10pm and provides a great atmosphere for you to socialize with friends. I have heard mixed reviews of the rain shower heads. They are designed to act as though you are in a hot relaxing rain shower. The more holes a shower head has, the lower the water pressure. Having said that, many guests tell me they love the rain shower heads just for the relaxation aspect of them.
Regarding the office, I must apologize for the hectic experience you had on check in. Normally, things are much smoother for all guests. I and the assistant manager Ashlie are very well trained in hotel operations. However, I was going on a brief vacation and was training a few good folks to cover for me while I was gone. The office was unusually chaotic and for that I am sorry. I'm not going on another vacation for 2 years so that issue has resolved itself.
Regarding the credit card and ID. There are a few reasons I and other hotels at which I have served require this. About a month ago, a guest locked his room key and his wallet in the room. He stopped by the office, I grabbed the secured copy of his ID and verified it was him. Without that, he wouldn't have been able to get in his room. We also do this for security. A year ago, another hotel 5 miles inland checked in a guest with cash and no ID. The man committed a violent crime in the room and was never caught. The local police on the local news urged all hotels to get and secure a copy of ID and credit card. While we are in a safe area and have no such events here, I make no apologies for making sure my guests are safe. Lastly, we do this to protect your card. If someone found your card and made a reservation online without you knowing, you would pay for their room. We match your name to your card to keep your money safe.
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. I will start asking our guests if they prefer the more expensive rainshower feature of our showers or if we should switch. We always value ideas our guests provide.

Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

Snooze is the absolute best boutique hotel in Ft Lauderdale. The rooms are great. The hospitality and management staff is out of this world. You will fall in love with the rooftop deck. Best view of the ocean. I can't say enough about Snooze. Won't stay anywhere else.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank houseofdolphins
Snooze_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Thank you for choosing us and for your kind words! We do have great views of the ocean from our gorgeous rooftop and 2nd floor terrace which also great for sunset/sunrise watching . Our staff thrives to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us .
We hope to see you again when you are in south Florida!