1,105 results
All reviews rooftop deck beach chairs across the street manager matt casablanca restaurant free beach boogie boards perfect location king size boutique hotel small hotel walking distance fort lauderdale beach clean rooms ocean front restaurants and bars coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2017

Quaint - comfortable - clean -perfect location with beautiful rooftop view of ocean, beach and people watching. Close to restaurants with lots to do. Fantastic service from front office - easy booking great price - will definately go back!

Room tip: All seem good - small comfortable rooms
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda D
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

I was so pleased with the hospitality of this place. We went for a quick one night beach getaway so we had to travel light but this place has everything you need. Beach parking, free beach chairs, towels, coolers and the front desk sells beer & wine. The rooftop terrace was pretty sweet too. Will definitely stay here again if we're in Fort Lauderdale.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Snooze_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Thank you for your kind words and of course choosing the snooze ! We definitely try and make our guests feel welcomed as soon as they step onto our property. We are here to make your stay more enjoyable. As far as the rooftop , it's literally one of my favorite spots to see the breathtaking view of the ocean. We would love to have you again. Hope to see you at the Snooze !

Kind Regards
Ashlie

Reviewed May 14, 2017

Looks can be deceiving...
I will truly make another reservation at Snooze. Our stay was nothing short of wonderful. This place is small in size when comparing the neighboring hotel, but that's one of the best traits about this location. The staff was pleasant, answered all of our questions, took our pictures for us and when we checked out, we could leave our car and walk around without any worries. We reserved the ocean-view on the 4th floor. To wake up and watch the sunrise everyday was beautiful. The location is literally steps away from the sand and there were endless options for restaurants in both directions. Not being from the area, I was unaware of the Air Show Event that was going on. Snooze provided a gorgeous view of the 2 day event.

Room tip: 4th floor was extremely quiet
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kia W
Snooze_Hotel, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2017

Thank you Kia for you review and for choosing the Snooze! Your 4th floor oceanfront suite is my favorite of our rooms. The view from your room still catches me off guard when I inspect rooms. They come with a comfy couch and a breakfast nook which look right out on the ocean.
The Air Show was a fun added bonus for all of our guests. Jets flew directly over our rooftop terrace and along the beach. The other great event that is perfect for our hotel is the July 4 fireworks show. Guests can see the fireworks launch from 2 blocks away while we have special surprise treats in store for guests checking in and staying on the 4th.
Regarding the location, it is also a great feature of the hotel. We are 60 feet from the ocean, jet ski rental, and a kids' playground that is on the beach itself. A great addition for the families that stay with us. We are within easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. Although you have free parking with us, there is no need to rent a car since you can save money and walk to everything.
We hope to see you again at the sea!
Kind Regards,
Matt

Reviewed May 13, 2017

There are simply no words to describe how disgusting my friends and I were treated and how our booking was handled. This was by far the absolute WORST hotel experience I have literally ever had. My friends and I booked for one night at Snooze through their website. Upon arrival to the hotel, the assistant manager was waiting for us to arrive. Upon arrival, one of my friends and I went to check-in at the front desk, the office manager, who would not give is his name by the way, just said he was the "assistant manager," looked at my friend and I like we were aliens, wide-eyed and all he could say was "Ooooooohhhh! Ohhhhhhh!" No hello, how are you, not even a response other than "Ohhhhhh!" when I said hello and how are you. I literally looked at my friend and said out loud "What the heck is going on here?! Is he alright?!" The "assistant manager" manager proceeds to say.. "Yeeaahhh, we gave your reservation away, you didn't get the email?" I promptly logged into my email to see a cancellation email from Snooze... a mere 2 hours prior, WHILE we were on our flight! It said that I had by 11am that day (which would have been exactly 9 minutes from the time that email was sent) to reply or my reservation would be permanently cancelled as my credit card was not going through. Well, if magic could happen and I could access my email on my flight, or even think to check that hey, perhaps my reservation would be cancelled while on my flight on my way to Snooze, then ok. But hey, magic doesn't happen does it?? We promptly requested our reservation and for him to call the manager, he then says the manager needed the room and is conveniently, 'out of town for the night.' AWESOME! This assistant manager ends up calling a nearby hotel down some random street, who conveniently has their 'best room available' for us as a reserve. I ended up speaking with this hotel's front desk manager once Snooze's assistant manager took off without saying so much as sorry or goodbye, and asked her if this happens often, she says that it actually happens often with Snooze, especially when people from different countries come to visit. WOW. WOW.WOW. If this wasn't a complete set-up, I don't know what it. Regardless, we still cannot get over how TERRIBLY UNPROFESSIONAL this assistant manager was and how he handled the entire situation. We ended up staying at the Westin right down the road and it was a beautiful hotel and they treated us with proper respect. Hell no were we going to be giving any of these affiliate hotels out business. BEWARE of this pathetic excuse for a hotel with their fake awards stickers in their front windows. FYI, anyone can print those off a computer. Worst hotel ever..seriously, find better as there is FAR better right close by. I seriously kept waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and say we had been Punk'd...!

Room tip: Choose a different hotel!!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Frink2121
Snooze_Hotel, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2017

For the first time ever, I will respond to this by saying you were in the wrong, not the hotel. You chose to guarantee the hotel on a declined card. Therefore, the reservation was invalid. Rather than just cancel it, we tried to reach out to you by both text and email the day before as a courtesy. If you had responded to either and provided a card that wasn't declined, you would have had a room at our hotel. It is not our responsibility to inform guests that when they guarantee the room, the card they use to guarantee should have enough on it to cover the room. Otherwise, by using that card, you made the reservation invalid.
My Assistant Manager Ashlie informed me she did indeed tell you her name. I was indeed off. I work 60 hours a week but was off that day. Ashlie found you another hotel which is above and beyond what other hotels do. We do not hold rooms on bad credit cards when the guest doesn't contact us after multiple attempts. Your room was sold to people who had a great time and paid for their room. If your room hadn't been sold, we would have checked you in immediately presuming you had a valid pay method.
As for the "fake" excellence awards, just look at the top of this page. You will see we have indeed won the excellence award for a number of years and we indeed are ranked in the top 5 of hotels in this city. I might be able to print something on my computer, but I have no idea how to hack into tripadvisor and add "certificate of excellence".
We take pride in the communication we have with guests before hand. Many guests thank us for doing so. I understand that you were on a plane. You still should have used a valid card and you would be here instead of another hotel. I am glad that you found a room and that Ashlie attempted to help you with alternate lodging.
One final note, as for your "this happens all the time", I get one declined card a month. Maybe once a year, someone doesn't respond to our emails and texts. Moreover, you don't know how our hotel was since you never stayed here. To call it the "worst hotel ever" without staying doesn't make sense.
Matt Denson

Reviewed May 12, 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights with my best friend pre-cruise and we loved it. The room was huge, clean, 2 big comfortable beds, great shower/ We had a little kitchen area including a fridge and microwave, and made ourselves oatmeal for breakfast. The room was also very quiet- we were on the 3rd floor on the back. The location was great, right across from the beach, and yes you can cross the street. There is a crosswalk right in front of the hotel. The restaurant next door, Casablanca was great for a meal, but also had a piano bar sing-along happening on the Saturday night we were there. Lots of fun. No pool, but we didn't miss it at all with the beach across the street and so much to see and do in the area. The price and the things included can't be beat, but the service was outstanding. Matt is a genuinely good person who works hard and will do whatever he can to help. After making the booking I emailed to clarify a couple of things and he got right back to me. He was just as friendly and helpful in person. He takes great pride in this place and it shows. When we were on the cruise we were comparing notes with other vacationers and I think we stayed at the best place. Some of those people plan to check out Snooze on their next trip to Fort Lauderdale. I know I will. Thanks Matt!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing us and for such kind words! I do take great pride in the hotel and the service we provide, as does our entire team. At boutique hotels, you get far more individualized service than the giant chains that surround us. I get to know most guests by name and tailor my suggestions to individual personalities. I genuinely care that you enjoy your vacation and do anything I can to make it happen. Yesterday, I helped arrange a parasailing lesson for some of my thrill-seekers and a water taxi ride for folks that wanted to see the city from a relaxing laid-back excursion.
Our hotel is probably the most affordable on the beach. We provide what you need like the free beach gear, parking, and wifi without having you pay for things you don't need like the pool considering the 5 trillion gallon "wave pool" in front of the hotel.
Again, I am honored you enjoyed our hotel and the service I and my team provided. We can't wait to have you stay with us again at the Snooze!
Warmest Regards,