1,105 results
All reviews rooftop deck beach chairs across the street manager matt casablanca restaurant free beach boogie boards perfect location king size boutique hotel small hotel walking distance fort lauderdale beach clean rooms ocean front restaurants and bars coffee maker
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2017

We were married on a beautiful yacht on Sat and had our reception on the rooftop at the Snooze on Sunday. All of our family and friends who attended stayed at the Snooze and loved it. It has the greatest location!!!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Snooze_Hotel, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2017

Hello again from Matt!
It was great having you and all of your friends and family stay with us to celebrate your wedding! I thoroughly enjoyed having you all stay with us.
I'm glad you chose to rent the rooftop terrace. When guests do so, they get exclusive access as well as a group discount on rooms.
Congratulations to you both again and best wishes from the Snooze!
Kind regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay with family! The location is so convenient to the hot spots on the beach. The renovated hotel was super clean and our room was a great size for a family of four. The rooftop balcony was the highlight of our stay and even our two teenagers raved about it. The only issues we had were spotty internet and the bathroom didn't have any ventilation.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for choosing us for your family spring break getaway! We're glad you enjoyed the rooftop terrace. It's one of my favorite spots as well.
two quick notes about the issues you raised. Although we don't have bathroom fans (our building is reinforced making it impossible to wire fans into a hardened concrete ceiling) we do have bathroom and bedroom windows that open. Most guests choose to leave the bathroom window open and enjoy the sea breeze.
We did indeed have an issue with the internet while you were here. We have 3 Unifi antennae which broadcast the signal throughout the property. One of those three was down. We have since received the replacement since they were under a year old and still under factory warranty. We know how important dependable wireless Internet is and do our best to make sure it is in peak condition.
Again, thank you for choosing us! We're glad to hear your family had a great time.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2017

When I go to Fort Lauderdale I want to be able to wake up, cross the street and be at the beach. Snooze offers this along with a clean, friendly and comfy atmosphere.
Snooze is located between the Ritz and the W (same exact beach access) for less than half the cost. Even though the hotel is small and does not have the same amenities as the big name hotels, the staff went out of there way to make sure that my stay was great. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing us and for the 5 star review! I love how you point out that the beach access is the same that the luxury hotels have! Paying more doesn't get you extra beach privilages. Unlike most of those giant hotels, we also have free parking,wireless, and beach gear.
You have hundreds of hotels from which to choose in our city. We're glad you picked us and can't wait to be of service again!
Kind regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2017

My husband booked a room here to extend our vacation after the cruise. He used priceline which he knows better not to but did anyway. After reading the reviews on this hotel I agreed to it. When we got there, priceline booked us a "dorm room" TERRIBLE.
I cried when I saw this. Matt at the desk said they had no other rooms available even though the vacancy sign was on. He was pleasant and the room was clean enough but no comfort whatsoever. I was unable to see any other rooms but watch what you're supposedly getting if you book here. The "dorm room" isn't worth $5

Room tip: Do not book the dorm room unless you want to sleep on bunk bed cardboards and suffocate
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Snooze_Hotel, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2017

I am so sorry you had such a negative experience! Our "Dorm Room" is not for everyone. It is the only one of it's kind. We made it mainly for European backpackers who want to stay at the beach but don't want to spend twice as much for a king room, three times as much for a 2 bed room, or four times as much for an oceanfront suite. The Dorm Room sells more than any other because it is so economical. Many guests actually love it. I received a 5 star comment from another tripadvisor guest who said the following, "Some words about the dorm room because it's probably not for everybody. It's small, with twin bunkbeds. Was definitely enough room for the two of us and unlike many 'dorm rooms' it had a private, good-sized bathroom with a rain shower! A little bit of luxe, even in the small room. The dorm room also does not include parking, but you can pay a little extra if a spot is available, which we did. It gave us more time to relax rather than hunting for a spot. The manager Matt was kind, welcoming, and gracious. I would definitely come back to snooze on my next trip to Fort Lauderdale."
Regarding the "No Vacancy" sign, it was on when you checked in on Sunday since we were sold out. It was turned off on Monday because that day I had one room. Had I known your dissatisfaction, I would have given you a king room Monday and found you alternate lodging on Sunday at a different hotel. We want to sell rooms AND make sure all guests are happy. Had I not been sold out Sunday, I absolutely would have offered you a room.
We have pictures of the Dorm on every website. We don't hide the fact that it is a small, clean room with bunk beds. But it isn't for everyone. Some love it and some, like you, clearly don't.
I would have done my best to help you with other arrangements had I known you were so unhappy. Again, for that I'm sorry. I hope you enjoyed the rooftop terrace, free wireless, free beach gear, and proximity to the ocean.
Next time I suggest the oceanfront suite. It is 4 times as expensive but also 6 times the size of that room.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

Let me start out by saying that I travel a lot with my daughter and her dance team. We go to almost 5-6 different events each Spring. I have exceedingly high expectations of where we stay, but I also can’t break the bank. This February, I took a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Upon our return we needed a place to crash before our flight home the next morning. I booked this two king room because I loved the idea of it being on the beach, so I could sneak in one more day of vacation…
When we arrived we had 9 extra people with us and it was way to early for us to check in. I was so blown away with the welcome we received. Not only did they store our belongings until our room was ready, they stored ALL the luggage for the other 9 family members that were not even staying there! They were waiting on flights leaving that night. I know, you are thinking “wow”, already, but that is only the beginning. They gave us use of the rooftop deck, which was huge and stunning, so that we could hang out together. We were also offered everything needed to walk across the street and enjoy the beach. I mean Everything; beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, coolers, toys, sunscreen, you name it, they had it! The best part…. IT WAS ALL INCLUDED!!!! I was blown away!
After seeing all of this, I was worried to see the room. I thought, no way could they top this…Yep they sure did! The room was enormous! Everything was super clean, new, and more space than I could have imagined. I would have expected this place to be three times the cost. Everyone said that it was the perfect place. My sister wanted to miss her flight just so she could stay there. The hotel is so perfectly located that it took minutes to walk to amazing restaurants.
I honestly, will NOT stay any where other than The Snooze if I am ever in Fort Lauderdale again. I can not say enough wonderful things about the staff and the hotel itself. What a Gem!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Snooze_Hotel, General Manager at Snooze, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words! Alex was the gentleman who provided you that great guest service. I have already thanked him and passed on your compliments. We believe that when you choose a boutique hotel, you can get much more personalized service. I have worked in those large chain hotels when I would check in 40 people in a day. With that volume, you can't provide the attention guests deserve. Today I spent half an hour with a guest planning her visit to our city. With only 19 rooms, we can give you as little or as much help with your plans as you need. Many times I have taken photos of our guests posing on one of our terraces so they could take memories of the beach home.
As for the rooms with 2 king beds and the kitchenette, I too love those. I remember when I started here that I couldn't believe how large those rooms are. Those and our oceanfront suites are both 450 square feet and come with the kitchenette. Families love those rooms!
Again, thank you for such a kind review and for staying with us at the beach! We look forward to having you visit us again. In just a few months, the ocean will be 85 degrees (29.5 Celsius)! We will see you at the sea!
Warmest Regards,