“Good Value”
Review of snooze

snooze
Ranked #4 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed for only one night at the Ocean Holiday Motel and I would recommend it for short stays. I had a Kingsize room which was clean and quiet - that was what I've expected for the rate offered. There is an elevator and a free parking garage (could be a little bit tight for bigger cars). Beach is just on the other side and there are a lot of restaurants and also a Starbucks near by. Staff was friendly. They were stiil under renovation but that wasn't disturbing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank cep1234

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have just returned from a fabulous week. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. Our room was massive, with two king beds, a kitchenette and newly refurbished. Spotlessly clean and just a few steps across the road to the beach and ocean. Even free beach chairs and beach towels provided! Great eating place next door, easy walking to all amenities and a reserved parking space. No big frills but no big bills - perfect. Will be back.

Room Tip: It would be worth booking a sea view in the front, as view is stunning, however the rooms at back do...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul H
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Ocean Holiday Motel Resort is located right on the beach, parking is included. The room itself was excellent, very large and clean. Service was excellent and the price was very affordable. Free WiFi was included.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarkCromwell
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Ocean Holiday Motel Resort. What I look for is a clean room, good location, helpful service and a reasonable price.

The rooms were always cleaned very nicely, despite us being a bit messy with sand in our shoes from time on the beach. Our room (had two double beds), one for myself and my brother. It was very large and had a nice kitchenette.

The location was key. It was a right across from the beach along the major strip for Ft. Lauderdale. Feet from all the nice restaurants!

The service at the hotel was helpful. They recommended places to eat, let us check out a little late (because we had a late flight) and even helped me park my car one day.

Value - the price was very reasonable compared to other hotels.

Overall I have to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the ocean and others do not. If this matters to you, try calling before y...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in room 401, top floor, ocean view from the sofa! Bed was king and comfortable. Reasonably priced as well. Enjoyed the atmosphere and room / view so much, stayed a 2nd night. There is an elevator, parking, wifi, which works well. Fridge freezer, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, tv, breakfast bar, 2 tables, large mirror. Good ac and ceiling fan. Did I mention the view! We would definitely recommend this motel if you like value for your money. Beach is just across the road, shared patio terrace out the front. Shops / bars etc down the street 5 mins walk. We both enjoyed our room here very much, on our road trip.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Johnx144
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We used this motel to stay till 3am to catch our flight at FLL, this motel is the best price in the neighborhood for our purpose (for group of 12). I am rating is very good based on what the property is and my experience with the stay. It is no mean of comparing to nearby more expensive properties.

Booking the hotel was a breeze, I paid after my stay and the owner even added another room for the same rate!! Awesome!

The three words I will use to describe this motel is: inexpensive, sufficient and basic.

We went in the morning for an early check-in, the fellow knew about me and immediately took all of our luggage and gave me some useful information on how to spend the day there.

Location wise, it is about 3 min from walking to the beach. It is also very close to other restaurant, cafe. So not having any amenities is not a concern.

The 3 rooms we had were the 2 king beds units, they were big and had a small kitchen, a microwave, mini-fridge and a coffee maker. The property probably went through a renovation about some time ago. I could tell the renovation was probably a DIY project. The room conditions were better than an average motel that I stayed at before.

I agree with the other reviewer, the washroom needs more storage!

The rooms definitely need a more thorough cleaning because dusts are everywhere in windows, walls etc.

One of our room had wet sheets and bedding, the room wasn't available to us until late afternoon. These are the only issues I have, otherwise I am happy with our short stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Philip K
Reviewed November 10, 2013

OK The place was clean I will give it that. But...there was not a coffee pot, a cup, a rug, ice machine a pool or a phone at all in the room but a decent size fridge to keep the ice you brought yourself. Great location just steps from the beach. The kicker when you check in on a board behind the desk it listed the rates of other hotels like the Westin, the Ritz etc and how expensive they were...what do you expect they give you the basic needs and than some. I dont know why you would even consider comparing yourself to the others.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank heather k
Rob205, Owner at snooze, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hi Heather,
Thank you for your review of our place. Everything you say is true for the king room type you booked. It also matches the room descriptions we have online. That is what our place is all about....everything you need in a room. We are Modern, Essential and Affordable all while having coffee shops/restaurants/shopping seconds walk from us in a location directly on the beach. We also toss in some extras like free parking, wifi, beach towels, chairs and umbrellas - all things you pay for elsewhere.

As for your other concerns, fear not, we will be adding an ice machine and guest laundry next year. Also, rugs are generally unsanitary and with the beach sand everywhere, we have tile in all our rooms to help keep things so clean. If you wanted that essential coffee maker, upgrade to our kitchenette room, double the square footage, two king beds, toaster and microwave too. The sign in our office showing different hotels is a reminder to our guests that they made the right decision in choosing us. Why pay more for things you won't use on holiday? We encourage all travellers considering booking with us to rate us based on what we promise to offer and nothing else.