“Great Stay”
Review of snooze

snooze
Ranked #4 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am actually in hospitality and instead of staying with my brand I decided to go out on a limb and try this hotel. They are actually going through a renovation. It sorta like a hidden gem. The people there are really nice and helpful. While its not a Hyatt or Hilton its not bad, but if your looking for something along the beach for a very affordable price this is a great place. I don't think I would change anything about our stay except to stay a week longer! I would defiantly stay here in again. Thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dee99GT

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Super clean & very nicely refurbished & in the most excellent location. Great value for money and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Free parking too. A great find and highly recommended for the price we paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Lyn S
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for a night before heading to the Dominican Republic, it's close to the Fort Lauderdale Airport and in a perfect location across from the beach also in walking distance to night life, restaurants and a 24 hour CVS pharmacy. I checked in later than expected due to a delayed flight, the guy at the front desk stayed late to make sure I arrived in one piece and to welcome me, great customer service! I was upgraded to a larger room with kitchenette and a beautiful view of the beach (room 201), what a nice treat!! I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Drea012
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The location is really great and we really enjoyed our 3 day stay. Ben the office clerk is a really friendly guy. We really liked Robert the owner and like what he is doing to improve the hotel. The room was very clean and the 2 king beds in the room were very comfortable.
The free parking and the free internet were a nice touch.
Being so close to the beach and shops and restaurants was also very nice.
If you want a 4 or 5 star hotel this isn't for you.
A good price in nice surroundings is what you get.
Hope to stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jimkip
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Rating this 5* in the context of the price. Construction going on from 9am->5pm probably helped me get a better rate.

What can I say, I'm generally pretty cheap when it comes to staying at places. Sure, I enjoy luxury but come on... how long am I going to be in my room? Just enough to sleep.

I got a remodeled room, not bad. So fresh you can still smell the Volatile Organic Compounds a bit but not intolerable (for me) by any means, someone with finicky chemical sensitivities might have issues (shrug). Beds are nice for the price, good pillows. The door needs to be remodeled/repainted (scuff marks - I don't care though I'm a "clean scumbag" so it puts me right at home. The shower comes top-down, I'm 6'6" so this was PERFECT! Parking is rough down in this area but they hook you up with a free spot if you've got a car.

The staff is extremely friendly and personable ... reminds me of the very personable people I met in St Petersburg (unlike most of the people I meet here in Ft Lauderdale). Would stay here again for sure! My friend lives nearby so it was super convenient. Love having the beach right across the street. Careful, if you're a straight guy and don't want to hang out in the unofficial "gay section" of the beach, walk south down to the next 2 lifeguard towers ... nobody told me this, had to ask around to find out haha, hilarious ::shrug:: I have no hangups, just not my thing... so whatever! Makes for a good story.

Room Tip: I had a non-ocean view room, because really what do I care I only go to my room to sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and the perfect location. Right across the street from beach in Central Beach. You can walk to Beach Place, bars, restaurants...everywhere. Our room was on the 4th floor, not yet remodeled. Didn't matter. Great room, ocean view, quiet, clean, had a mini frig and was a great price. We arrived late and had a lockbox with our key on the door. Super easy. The BBQ and deck were well used by us. Had a lot of fun there. Free parking too. This place is a deal. Once they complete the remodeling the place will be even better...if possible. : )

Room Tip: High floors have ocean views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank catelefono
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a getaway trip to Florida. We stayed a total of 4 nights. We arrived at the hotel around 1:30 in the afternoon, earlier then check-in-time. We were greeted by 2 gentlemen who were so amazingly nice! Our room wasn't ready, which I knew could have been a chance since our flight arrived early. They let us hangout up on the deck and gave us the wifi into. We didn't wait any longer then 30 minutes before who I believe was the owner told us that they had a newly renovated room ready before our actual room was ready, the only downfall was 'they were laying tile above us' Which we had no problem with what so ever! We were so impressed with how clean and cozy the rooms were. Housekeeping always did a great job, AC worked like a charm, even had a mini fridge so we were able to save some money by being able to put our own drinks in. I would have liked to see a microwave since we had leftovers from eating out (but that doesn't matter) Location great, right across from the beach & down the road from shops and restaurants. They even let you have beach towels, chairs & umbrellas for the beach. The re-modeling was never an issue. We seriously loved this place and for the price YOU CAN'T BEAT IT! We will most certainly be staying here again in the future, hopefully in one bigger rooms with the great ocean view with the little ones. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple