“A really nice stay.”
Review of snooze

snooze
Ranked #4 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The location is really great and we really enjoyed our 3 day stay. Ben the office clerk is a really friendly guy. We really liked Robert the owner and like what he is doing to improve the hotel. The room was very clean and the 2 king beds in the room were very comfortable.
The free parking and the free internet were a nice touch.
Being so close to the beach and shops and restaurants was also very nice.
If you want a 4 or 5 star hotel this isn't for you.
A good price in nice surroundings is what you get.
Hope to stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jimkip

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Rating this 5* in the context of the price. Construction going on from 9am->5pm probably helped me get a better rate.

What can I say, I'm generally pretty cheap when it comes to staying at places. Sure, I enjoy luxury but come on... how long am I going to be in my room? Just enough to sleep.

I got a remodeled room, not bad. So fresh you can still smell the Volatile Organic Compounds a bit but not intolerable (for me) by any means, someone with finicky chemical sensitivities might have issues (shrug). Beds are nice for the price, good pillows. The door needs to be remodeled/repainted (scuff marks - I don't care though I'm a "clean scumbag" so it puts me right at home. The shower comes top-down, I'm 6'6" so this was PERFECT! Parking is rough down in this area but they hook you up with a free spot if you've got a car.

The staff is extremely friendly and personable ... reminds me of the very personable people I met in St Petersburg (unlike most of the people I meet here in Ft Lauderdale). Would stay here again for sure! My friend lives nearby so it was super convenient. Love having the beach right across the street. Careful, if you're a straight guy and don't want to hang out in the unofficial "gay section" of the beach, walk south down to the next 2 lifeguard towers ... nobody told me this, had to ask around to find out haha, hilarious ::shrug:: I have no hangups, just not my thing... so whatever! Makes for a good story.

Room Tip: I had a non-ocean view room, because really what do I care I only go to my room to sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews and the perfect location. Right across the street from beach in Central Beach. You can walk to Beach Place, bars, restaurants...everywhere. Our room was on the 4th floor, not yet remodeled. Didn't matter. Great room, ocean view, quiet, clean, had a mini frig and was a great price. We arrived late and had a lockbox with our key on the door. Super easy. The BBQ and deck were well used by us. Had a lot of fun there. Free parking too. This place is a deal. Once they complete the remodeling the place will be even better...if possible. : )

Room Tip: High floors have ocean views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank catelefono
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a getaway trip to Florida. We stayed a total of 4 nights. We arrived at the hotel around 1:30 in the afternoon, earlier then check-in-time. We were greeted by 2 gentlemen who were so amazingly nice! Our room wasn't ready, which I knew could have been a chance since our flight arrived early. They let us hangout up on the deck and gave us the wifi into. We didn't wait any longer then 30 minutes before who I believe was the owner told us that they had a newly renovated room ready before our actual room was ready, the only downfall was 'they were laying tile above us' Which we had no problem with what so ever! We were so impressed with how clean and cozy the rooms were. Housekeeping always did a great job, AC worked like a charm, even had a mini fridge so we were able to save some money by being able to put our own drinks in. I would have liked to see a microwave since we had leftovers from eating out (but that doesn't matter) Location great, right across from the beach & down the road from shops and restaurants. They even let you have beach towels, chairs & umbrellas for the beach. The re-modeling was never an issue. We seriously loved this place and for the price YOU CAN'T BEAT IT! We will most certainly be staying here again in the future, hopefully in one bigger rooms with the great ocean view with the little ones. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nikki H
Reviewed August 9, 2013

When we booked this place, we were on a budget and thought of this hotel as a place to sleep right next to the beach. Upon arrival, we were immediately greeted by the friendly attendant. He told us that they were renovating and trying to upgrade the hotel. We were never inconvenienced during our four-day stay. The room was clean and the view was great (we stayed in an ocean view room). We could hear the waves and watched the sunrise and sunset each day. Whenever we needed something, someone would help us out. For the price, this place is a bargain! For anyone who is a beach bum like us, you have to check this out for yourself!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2013

It was my birthday and I wanted to spend the weekend at the beach, but I didn't want to spend a fortune. We found an awesome deal at the Ocean Holiday Motel. The Motel was clean, comfortable, right across the street from the ocean and in a prime location. This place is too good to be true. We will def. be coming back here to stay for our weekend getaways!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank courtnirenee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and it was terrific! Just what we wanted, a motel on the beach close to clubs and shops! We would stay again! It was quite and very clean. They are remodeling but it didn't bother us. The owner was very helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: We stayed in 305 it was a king bed room which was great. Room 306 has 2 king beds and a kitchen are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family