“Got Delivery”
Review of El Tamarindo Cafe

El Tamarindo Cafe
Ranked #177 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Central American, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Got Delivery”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We got delivery the on a Friday night. The food came quick and the prices are super good for the quality and amount of food. We had chk Marsala, mahi mahi in pomadora sauce, eggplant tower, and you MUST GET THE CORN TAMALES!

• Korean first
Buffalo, New York
“First time: Loved it❤️❤️”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Thought I would try something different. Had to drag my elderly mother in but despite her absolute expectation to the contrary, SHE LOVED IT.

I had whole fried Red Snapper. Gloriously good.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND, even for grumpy old ladies from Cleveland.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Delicioso!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I was in the area and in the mood for Latin food. Stumbled upon this place and WOW! Delicious food, great beef soup, pork chips, rice, beans... everything was amazing. Service was quick and friendly! Highly recommend. Will def be back!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Almost Italian”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Had dinner here with my wife. The menu seemed to have more Italian dishes than South American/Cuban. We went Cuban and were not disappointed. The food was very good, the portions huge. Service was good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chuckkimball
Frederick, MD
“Love this place!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I hosted a pre-cruise dinner for a group of friends (14 total) on April 19th, 2014. We were all going on a transatlantic cruise to Rome.

I selected El Tamarindo because I wanted something near my hotel and a place that had good Cuban/Latin foods. I read through Trip Advisor reviews and thought this would be a great place for the group.

I called to make reservations for 8pm, and also asked for separate checks (by couples) and was told, “Not a problem.”

The place was pretty full by the time our group showed up for our 8pm dinner reservations. We were in one corner and had two tables laid out in an “L” shape.

Our waitress was oustanding. She took good care of everyone, was pleasant, and even patient when some asked about the menu items.

We were served fresh baked bread with a chimichuri dipping sauce, which was heavy in garlic. Yum!! When I had told one of the staff members at my hotel where I was dining he told me to make sure we were served the dipping sauce. When I later came back to the hotel, he said he was jealous that we ate there.

For my entrée, I ordered the Churrasco skirt steak, which was topped with the same chimichuri sauce. Mmmm, more garlic; and black beans and rice. And I had a couple glasses of wine.

The others at the table ordered a variety of foods, to include a mariscada (seafood) soup, a huge chicken parmesan, and a pork dish that looked delicious. Nice selections on the menu and something for everyone. Everyone in my party was very happy with their entire meal.

When we asked for our checks, we received them promptly. They remembered my request for separate checks and had them ready to go. I’ve never seen such promptness in a restaurant before. Usually one ends up waiting for at least 10 minutes to get all the checks.

After dinner, we had a few group photos taken. The evening was tons of fun.

I also met one of the owners, who are brothers, (Juan Carlos) and thanked him for a great evening. He was happy to know everyone had a great evening and really enjoyed the food. I thought the pricing of the food was reasonable for what we received. Portions were just right too.

Highly recommended!