“Great meal, great atmosphere, great service”

Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille - Ft. Lauderdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,329 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US1 & Sunrise Blvd.
Transit: East Sunrise Boulevard
Description: The Capital Grille is here so come and enjoy it all. Our famous dry aged steaks, chops and delicious fresh seafood. In a relaxed and elegant atmosphere. An award-winning wine list that’s creating quite a buzz. Complimentary valet parking. A convenient location right at the main entrance to The Galleria. Even extensive private dining choices.Come for lunch or dinner. For the dining experience you want, right where you want it.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great meal, great atmosphere, great service”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Though the title of this review should suffice, I'd like to elaborate a little further.

Admittedly my husband, my son and I went to the Capital Grill on a slow day, so we got the table of our chosing and instant service.

But that doesn't change the fact that everything about this restaurant is designed to provide you with one of the finest dining experiences in Florida:

- The doorman was very kind and held the door for us, as we came in with a stroller. He offered to park our stroller to the side and keep an eye on it too.

- We were seated immediately by the same gentleman who then introduced us to our waitress. She was equally as kind and welcoming, and soon brought out bakery-fresh bread which was still warm from the oven. The bread came in 3 different types, all of which were excellent.

- After ordering the steaks for ourselves, the waitress offered to bring our son (2 years old) some drawing crayons and paper. After our steaks arrived, she offered to walk our son around the restaurant for a bit and entertain him while we enjoyed our meal, as our boy was getting a bit restless by then.

- The steaks were cooked to perfection, tasty and tender. The dessert (maple syrup creme brulee) was astonishing, and all three of us enjoyed it immensely.

So to cut this long story a little shorter, this restaurant was as good as a restaurant could possibly be, from start to finish.

We will eat here each and every time we have the money to do so (well, it's expensive for a reason :))

• Visited October 2013

Fayetteville, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband made the dinner reservation a week before we arrived in Florida. When we arrived, we had to go to the bar and wait which we understood because it is a busy time of year. When we were seated, the hostess brought to a table near the kitchen. As my husband sat down, one of the waitstaff hit his chair with a door. We asked to move to a better table since they had our reservation for a week and they accommodated us. We both ordered filets (one medium and one medium well). The steaks came out rare to medium rare, so we had to send them back. One came back medium and the other was still medium rare. They did give us a free dessert to share and two glasses of champagne as an apology which was a nice gesture. It was just a disappointing experience at a restaurant with such a fine reputation When I want to go to a special dinner next time I'm in Fort Laurderdale, I will look for another restaurant.

Visited February 2014
Miami
“Not all Capital Grille's are Equal - Best FLL Bartender”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've had the privilege of eating at many fine restaurants, including several locations of Capital Grille across the USA. We all know that not all restaurants within a group or chain are equal, less so the service. So what sets them apart? Customer Service, can-do attitude, and people that care.
The bar tender at Capital Grille in Fort Lauderdale - DJ, is someone that consistently turns a great martini afternoon into a truly memorable one, time after time after time. DJ cares about his patrons, both locals and visitors alike. His attitude, ready smile and demeanor ranks him one of top 5 bartenders world-wide in my 30 years of international travel. - DJ, hat's off to you!

1 Thank millra
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Always good”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

At the last minute, I was looking for a good restaurant in FT Lauderdale for a business dinner. I looked on-line for a place and realized I didn't get a great description of a local place or it was going to be too crowded. I decided to go with the Capital grill because I knew it would be good and if they couldn't get me a table we could sit at the bar. Turned out we got a great table outside on a beautiful evening. The service was great and the meal did not disappoint.

Coral Springs, Florida
“Service and food excellent”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

If you're ready to spend on fine food, drink and service, go directly to the Capital Grille. Everything about this visit was superior. Raul knows how to serve and the chef knows how to prepare meat. The salads were fresh and the bartender made a great martini.