“Excellent Dinnner”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,377 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: US1 & Sunrise Blvd.
Transit: East Sunrise Boulevard
Description: The Capital Grille is here so come and enjoy it all. Our famous dry aged steaks, chops and delicious fresh seafood. In a relaxed and elegant atmosphere. An award-winning wine list that’s creating quite a buzz. Complimentary valet parking. A convenient location right at the main entrance to The Galleria. Even extensive private dining choices.Come for lunch or dinner. For the dining experience you want, right where you want it.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had always avoided the Capital Grille because they are a small chain..but what a mistake. I was taken there for my birthday and it was wonderful. Incredible food, great service. On the pricey side, but worth it for a special occasion. My new favorite high end steak restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is very nice, well decorated in the traditional "steak house" style. The food was amazing and the service was great too. I had the tenderloin strips and my husband had the tuna. We both left our plates completely clean! I will definitely return. I also like the fact that's it is located at the Galleria mall so you can shop before or after, if you have an early dinner. There is also a great bar/night club next door "The Blue Martini" that you can grab a drink and do some people watching!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great service and ambiance. However, the food isn't that great. It's so expensive, so I am expecting a lot more than that. But their service was very good.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

But, given its location in the Galleria Mall, we shouldn't have been surprised. Traditional steak house decor and prices. Sides and desserts were delicious, the steaks were mediocre. The evening was saved by the wine promotion - unlimited sampling of 7 well-rated california wines. For a great steak in Ft. Lauderdale, we prefer Shulas and Grille 66.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Although we try to eat more locally while vacationing, we couldn't resist dining at the Capital Grille. We used Open Table to book our Monday night reservations. Lobster bisque appetizer was delicious with a large lobster claw at the bottom. Just the bisque and the bread basket filled me up, but I kept going!! I dined on surf & turf, while my husband had the filet. Both were outstanding. We were surprised at the end of the meal with a dessert on the house, as well as a red rose for me. Beautiful night. Side note, I had almost the exact meal at Ruths' Chris a few days later. It was very good, but Capital Grilles was better.