“Used to be the best German pub in town, now just average”
Review of Bierbrunnen Pub - CLOSED

Bierbrunnen Pub
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Central Beach
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I first went into this pub in 1999, when I lived in Miami and the restaurant was owned by a nice German lady who would always be around and .fun to chat with. I knew this place as a hidden gem on the beach - the establishments right and left were plain tourist traps, lousy food, watery beer. The food at Bierbrunnen though back then was excellent, the beer was something out of this world (unless you are from Munchen or another beer-famous place). I believe it was still as good all the way to 2008; however - the visit in May 2011 was a disappointment, the food quality downgraded to that of the surrounding restaurants, the German beer that was served to us was un utter disappointment (and the older owner was obviously not around). I'd still not want to completely downgrade the place - it might have been a bad-beer/food day or something.. I'd hope to come back again (once in the area) and (hopefully) re-establish the good reputation of Bierbrunnen in my heart - so I'd say try it, but be prepared for an average kind of experience.

There are newer reviews for Bierbrunnen Pub

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Was just there today 10/8/11 with 3 buddies. Been coming here since 2002 and back then overall I would've given this place a 4. However, this place has changed owners several times. One month ago I was here and ordered fries and they had none. This time, they had no tomatoes for the burgers. Went to the restroom and there was no soap or paper towels. This place is going down rather quickly and it's a shame since the location on the beach is prime. They have several German beers and they're pretty good. We ordered chicken wings today and they had none. So we ordered 3 burgers and 1 bratwurst. The food sucks, stick with the beer only if this is your last resort only. They need a new owner who is fully stocked with the most basic of restaurant food items and who can bring some German authenticity to the food and more varieties of German brew.

1  Thank rothgargeert
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Just when we got tired from seeing giant margarita everywhere, hearing that there is no draft beer available and the pinnacle of the beer selection is Heineken in a bottle, we found Bierbrunnen.

What a treat to have a Chimmay Grand Reserve and other ales. The food was just fine - typical bar food at a reasonable price. Washes down great with the beer so nothing else matters.

Kudos for differentiating yourself from all the other non-sense places on the strip.

1  Thank NfromTO
Reviewed February 12, 2011

Little hole in the wall place located in an alley (safe tourist area) literally 10 steps from the beach. My only complaint, I wish they were directly facing the beach, but if you sit at the open end of the bar, you can see the beach. They have 22 different beers on draft ranging from Bud Light (yuch) to German Hefe Weizen. Haven't tried the food so can't comment on that.

Last time they didn't have my favorite Hefe Weizen available, the time before that, they had it but had to wait for the owner to come and unfreeze the tap. Been there numerous times and will return, just wish they could get their act together a little better.

BTW, for the tourist couple sitting next to us during our last visit, with 22 great micro and exotic beers on tap, how can you order Bud Light? AAARGH!!!!! Remember, when in doubt, you can't go wrong with beer that has a picture of a monk in full frock on the tap handle.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

I lived in germany for a number of years and know the cuisine, when I ordered the jagersnitzel at this place, I was HORRIBLY surprised ! It stank - literally. Heavy gluey sauce and tough meat. NOTHING like the delictable dish I know so well. TERRIBLE German ?????? food.