All reviews tuna tower sandbar grille ocean front small hotel king suite fish tacos beach chairs and umbrellas on site restaurant private beach beach staff resort fee the ground floor first floor pool area restaurant staff small balcony stayed longer
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2017

After being up all day we left Medillin Colombia at 2am arriving in Ft Lauderdale at 5:30am. We had a reservation at the Sun Tower Hotel and Suites for that day with a check in time of 3pm. My wife and I arrived at the hotel at about 8am thinking that we would rest in the car until check in. Went to the office to make sure of our reservation for later that day and to see if by some slim chance they had a more comfortable place than our rental car to rest. Chris who was in the office not only up graded our room but allowed us to check in right then and there as the room was vacant and we were in desperate need of sleep. It is not often in these times that a person and a company would go so far out of their way to make another person day better. The room was great and the people are awesome. Thank you so much Chris for making our day and our stay so much better than we were expecting

Room tip: right on the ocean with a great view. Food and people are great
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Brad H
management83, Front Office Manager at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2017

Thank you for the very nice review. We do our best here and it is always nice to see positive reviews. We hope you return in the future.

Respectfully,

Chris Greenough

Reviewed December 12, 2017

My wife and I spent 4 amazing days for her birthday last week and were so happy that my co-worker informed me about this little "Gem" in Ft. Lauderdale! Our room was on the main floor Room 913 with a shared deck and right on the sand. Our room had a traditional refrigerator that came in handy for fruit plates and drinks/take home boxes from local restaurants and the SandBar Grill. The rooms are clean with great amenities, the staff are terrific from Carlos & Chris at the main desk, Mary, head of the cleaning room staff, Jackie & Nicky (I called her Nicky Minaj) servers from the Sand Bar Grill and Cory (I named him Cory Booker, NJ Senator). Thanks to Christine the manager for being so accommodating! The pool area is a sweet quite oasis with lovely lounge chairs and water features that make it so cozy & meditative!

Sun tower is not exactly close to loud nightlife, which I found to be a blessing! There is a nearby market place named Galt Ocean Marketplace about a mile away, a Wynn Dixie, Publix and Monk Wine store all in the same location for convenience, an UBER is about $7. Thanks to Charles & Joe for providing umbrellas for the clean beach everyday with clean fresh towels too boot!. We loved it so much that we booked for Memorial Day 2018, can't wait to get back! I particularly do not do chain hotels, this was just perfect for the price and service.

Room tip: Go for the ocean views - Rooms 912/913 (next to restaurant not a lot of privacy) Room 910.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 553veronicab
management83, Public Relations Manager at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Enjoyed the hotel. It is right on the beach as promised. We walked out in the morning right onto the sand with our complimentary beach chairs and umbrella. The rooms are spacious with a fridge and a microwave. I didn't try the pool but it looked nice. It was great having the restaurant right there as there isn't much within walking distance. This is going to be different from your name brand resorts as in it does feel a little dated but I think for the price it was absolutely right for us. They do have kayaks and paddle boards but we didn't use them. The rooms do have patios but they are really really small and my wife and I wouldn't have both fit on it at the same time.

Room tip: Higher floors may be farther from the restaurant and a little quieter
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 6, 2017

I walked through the door being somewhat disheartened by my flight experience and the front desk manager told me that my whole weekend was about to change for the better! Wow, was he right! Chris went above and beyond anything that any hotel or resort staff has ever done to make my visit spectacular. The room was spacious and the view was incredible. I stayed in 941. I had great service and food every time I visited the hotel restaurant and they went out of their way to make sure that I had a great time too. Regis was great out on the beach and the pool was always clean and enjoyable. I will definitely be back and I cannot emphasize enough that this place is a diamond in the rough and well worth your time to check it out for the service and the value. Thanks so much to the staff of the Sun Tower Hotel & Suites!!!

Room tip: Incredible views and spectacular staff!!!
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank happytravels975

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights for fall break. It is a nice small hotel although in need of updating. We really enjoyed the Sandbar Grille. The Wi-Fi was very slow in the hotel. For the most part the staff were wonderful except for the person on checkout who said he was the front desk manager. We asked why we had a daily resort fee and he got very rude and defensive and told us it was our fault for booking through a third party. He would not stop going on about this which made us very uncomfortable and he was not prepared to help us with this at all. Having checked our documents, this hidden cost is not disclosed.

Date of stay: October 2017