I researched a lot of places on the water in Fort Lauderdale. Sun Tower was rated very highly and our experience confirmed that rating. This is a small (24 room 6 story) hotel. The hotel is right on the beach adjacent to the just built Pelican Beach Resort. Our stay was made extra special because of the friendly and personalized service. We booked an second floor end room which is technically a suite. On arrival we were upgraded to the 5th floor. The suite has a King size bed, living room, small kitchen and bath. The ocean view was fantastic and our small deck has two chairs and a table. The unit had two flat screen tv’s, coffee maker, refrig and a microwave. So if you wanted to have meals at unit it was no problem. Publix market was a short driver away. We rented a small car for week but you could rent bicycles from a kiosk adjacent to hotel. I think they were also motorized.
The beach was right there and staff would give you towels, and setup chaise lounges and umbrella. The hotel has an elevator and a small heated pool that was a joy to swim and sun bathe. The hotel has free wifi in lobby and at pool. Wifi in rooms is a $5/day charge. They also have a pc workstation and printer in lobby convenient for printing boarding passes. My wife was thrilled with unit that I had picked out. One of the nice things I got from front desk was that the pelican Resort next door has an ice cream shop $3 for a large cone, a bargain. Also a plus is the integral Sand Bar Grill which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and has happy hour specials. Food particularly the burgers and salads were our favorites. Highly recommended if you like small quiet and cozy hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Lauderdale's Premiere boutique style hotel, located DIRECTLY on 350 ft of private beach, offers 23 NEWLY RENOVATED oceanfront suites and standard accommodations with private balconies. Enjoy our Sandbar Grille located on our expanded oceanfront terrace or relax by our heated pool. Lounge chairs & umbrella's are provided along with complimentary use of kayaks and paddle boards. Self parking on property is available for no additional cost. There is nothing between you and beach when you stay at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sun Tower Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tower Hotel And Suites On The Beach
- Sun Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Motel Fort Lauderdale