The pros: Location is amazing! You can't get closer to the beach. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating - from the front desk, to the guys on the beach (thank you Colby and Frank) setting up beach chairs and umbrellas. We didn't spend too much time at the cafe/restaurant but when we did everyone was great! We stayed in one of the top floor suites which had fantastic views and was very spacious for us and our 5 year old. King bed in unit was comfortable. Parking and beach chairs are free which is rare for the area (we've stayed at the Marriott Beach place and W hotel down the street and had to pay for beach chair rentals and valet). Boogie boards and swimming noodles are available for use as well. In room wifi is available for $5/day. A steal compared to $19.95/day next door at the Grand Pelican.
The cons: Pool is small. Laundry "room" needs some TLC. Felt very dirty. Lots of flies which freaked me out. Bathroom in the suite needs to be renovated. It's old and pretty cramped. There was a large hole, crack in the bottom of the tub (on the outside). Housekeeping was fair. Hotel provided fresh linens and towels daily, but the bathroom mirror, counters, glass table and coffee table in the unit were never wiped down. We found an old beer cap on the floor from a previous guest. Air conditioner units in the room are noisy and older and could use a cleaning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Lauderdale's Premiere boutique style hotel, located DIRECTLY on 350 ft of private beach, offers 23 NEWLY RENOVATED oceanfront suites and standard accommodations with private balconies. Enjoy our Sandbar Grille located on our expanded oceanfront terrace or relax by our heated pool. Lounge chairs & umbrella's are provided along with complimentary use of kayaks and paddleboards. Self parking on property is available for no additional cost. There is nothing between you and beach when you stay at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tower Hotel And Suites On The Beach
- Sun Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Motel Fort Lauderdale