“Gem on the Beach”

Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gem on the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay recently. Christine the GM was more than accommodating.
The sandbar Grille food was so good and our server Diane couldn't have been nicer. They have complimentary chairs and umbrellas which Pablo helped us with. We will definitely be back !!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Denma249

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

There is a reason this hotel is #1. My wife's comment to me, after checking in and eating lunch, "everybody working here likes working here"! You can tell by the amazing attitude of the staff. Every one is friendly, helpful, and asking if there is anything they can do to make our stay more enjoyable. Carlos, at the front of the house, Diane in the restaurant, and Mike, especially stand out as service oriented people who really care. They want you to come back. And that we will!, love this place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

A girlfriend and I wanted to have a relaxing evening on the beach. I live in MN, but she lives near Ft Lauderdale (not on beachfront). We searched for a good deal but nice place. The room was very beautifully decorated and we were able to get a discount as well as an ocean front room. The pool area was pretty and clean. The hotel had a restaurant where we ate for breakfast. Excellent food right on the beach. Overall we were very pleased. Great, friendly staff and great hotel.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room if you can
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I admit that it isn't as modern as its neighboring hotels, but the staff was excellent. They were very welcoming and friendly during our two-day stay. We were only staying for one night after coming back from a 16-day cruise, where Ft. Lauderdale was our last port of call. I had sort of a luggage crisis during my stay. Apparently, I had left one of my luggage at the port and didn't find out exactly where it was until the next morning. When I found out where it was, one of the staff members was so kind and offered to drive me 45 minutes out west to pick up my luggage early the next morning and take me back to the hotel. Thank you so much to CHRIS G. for being so AWESOME and being such a tremendous help! I was also traveling with 5 amazing women, who I coined as "The Golden Girls", so the staff was always ready to help me out with their needs. Thank you to Tommy and for the rest of the staff and for all your help and assistance and being so patient and accommodating. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to feel like they're staying in their own private beach house. It's definitely a beautiful home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank annkat47
Barberton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stumbled upon this JEWEL during an unscheduled stay in Ft Lauderdale. Beautiful beach and unparalleled service. The staff was welcoming and friendly during our 2 day stay.

The Sandbar Grille, on-site, was so delicious, we never ate anywhere else!!! Thank you Diane, Laurene and Mike (Hippie) for the fabulous service and the Chef for keeping us interested in the menu with your daily specials!

Although we had no car, the free parking is an important feature. I can see that there are many renovations going on. The pool area is BEAUTIFUL. It calls you to sit, relax and finally read that book you have been trying to get at! The rooms were spacious and clean! The housekeeping is efficient and friendly as well.

Keep up the good work. It makes a difference!

Room Tip: Staying more than a couple days? Book the suite!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Overall, the hotel was fantastic and I would return again. However, they could pay more attention to detail which is listed below in my cons.

Pros: Location, Beach, View, Free Parking, Maintained Grounds, Friendly Staff, Large rooms, Clean, Intimate, Large sliding patio doors, Balcony, Private beach chairs + umbrellas, and on-site beach bar and grille which had excellent food.

Cons: Outdated kitchen, Carpet was pulling apart from seams and walls, TV controls not synced (needed 2 to control channels/volume), TV lacked full motion wall mount (hard to watch in living room), arrived a few hours early and wouldn't let us park for free until our room was ready, no fitness center, told they would call us when the room was ready but they never called and we went back later to find out it was ready for a few hours, and terrible coffee - should consider adding single serve machines to rooms.

Room Tip: All rooms have private balconies
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ChiTravel84
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The staff treated us like family or longtime friends!!! The room was spic & span, the bed was SoOoOo comfy and the ocean is so close I could probably spit into it! What a hidden gem! We will DEFINITELY return!!!! :-) The pool and surrounding greenery was gorgeous & well manicured! Very quiet and peaceful! Just an awesome stay!

• Stayed January 2014