“I cheated on the Sandbar while staying at the Sun Tower.”

Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“I cheated on the Sandbar while staying at the Sun Tower.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in April 2013. Spectacular location, and even more spectacular staff! The Sandbar Grill is the great eatery beachfront at the hotel. The food at the Sandbar Grill is phenomenal and you feel like family while dining there, definately try the fish tacos! Mike is a true asset to the place and he makes you feel like a friend you haven't seen in years. Great food and great staff!!!

I did cheat on the Sandbar Grill one night with the hotel next door, only because they serve liquor. I should have never strayed from home and been faithful to the Sandbar. I was left limp by the lackluster cheeseburger they served, don't even bother.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was driving down the main drag in Ft. Lauderdale when I stumbled upon this hidden gem. From the moment, I went in I knew this was going to my choice for accomodations. All the staff were great! Every room had a beachfront view and had been recently updated. I enjoyed watching the sunrise with my coffee each morning. For the price and location, I will be back for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at SunTower 3 years ago, and intentionally sought them out for our stay in Fort Lauderdale again this year. As soon as we arrived, we remembered why we decided to return here. SunTower's team gives you the feeling of being at a Bed and Breakfast with the advantages of a hotel that is right on the beach. When we talked with them on the phone, and when we arrived at the hotel, the folks were incredibly friendly, helpful and seemed genuinely pleased to have us there. The hotel is not big, but most rooms face the beach, have a tremendous view, and are very easy to get in and out of. The pool area is not large, but is immaculately kept up, and the beach access is as convenient as can be. The SunTower is not for folks looking for kid's activities, gift shops, or the large hotel/resort experience. However, if you are looking for a comfortable, convenient hotel with top notch beach access, an incredible staff, and an all around great experience, then we'd highly recommend SunTower.

Room Tip: Most all rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Amazing location right on the beach, and a very friendly staff. I was also thrilled that the hotel has a free parking lot for my rental car. My wife and I enjoyed the beach chair and umbrella service as we enjoyed our time on the quiet beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Upper Darby
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Prior to leaving for our trip we wondered how 4 adult FEMALES could make it in one hotel room for 4 days. Well upon arrival in our Oceanfront King Suite in the Sun Tower with a King bed in one room and a Queen sofa bed and roll away bed in the living area we were pleasantly surprised at how much space we had.

Room was very nice (could use a little updating)....but the view made you forget any complaints.

The hotel staff was very, very helpful and pleasant and the restaurant was great. But a special thanks goes to the front desk staff especially CARLOS. He was the man!!! He was just a wealth of information on how to get to places and things to do.

I will definitely be returning to this little hidden gem of a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tanya A
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay at Sun Tower. What I will remember most about the hotel is the view from our balcony. You cannot get a better ocean view than what you get from the rooms at Sun Tower. Every morning I woke up to a breathtaking sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel offers free beach chairs and umbrellas. We noticed the beach staff were a little slow in the morning to set up your umbrella so we saw many guests just taking it upon themselves to get the umbrella from the storage bin. We went to the front desk to ask for help and within a few minutes someone was there to set up our umbrella and chairs on the beach. We had breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurant and found the food pretty tasty for the most part. The pool was nice but we didn't spend much time by it just because, well, you can lay by a pool anywhere but you can't lay on a beautiful beach with crystal clear waters anywhere. You are right next to the Pelican Hotel, where room rates are twice as much, yet you share the same beach. Also, since the Sun Hotel is a smaller hotel than the Pelican, there was more room on the beach to spread out so you were not laying out right next to other people. The rooms at the Sun Hotel were nice, nothing fancy but you could tell they have made some recent updates to the decor. There was a mix of new furniture with some outdated chairs, but everything was clean. All rooms have the same amazing ocean view. If I am ever in Fort Lauderdale I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank amyanderlonis
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Beautiful ocean views and private beach. We have stayed with Sun Tower for the past 3 years and are never disapointed. Service is excellent and staff helpful. Rooms are clean. The beach is beautiful. Hotel supplies all chairs, umbrellas and towels for the beach and pool. Restaurant has excellent food with reasonable prices. Parking is included in price of hotel room. No hidden fees. Every year we look forwad to our vacation at Sun Tower. Feels like home away from home. Cant wait till next year. Count Down begins!!!

Room Tip: Ocean views are better from the higher floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family