I have just returned from this hotel. I found it exactly as the description said. It is perfect in everyway for the beach. No roads to cross at all. I stayed in the junior suite which is about 6steps away from the beautiful beach. Everday I got a sun lounger of my choice with umbrella.
The only down side is and this isn't on the hotel, you DO need a car here in FL. If you havent got one you are pretty scupered!! The nearest groocery shop is a good 30mins walk and you have to cross severel wide busy road which I didnt like. The drivers in FL are pretty mad. To go to any restaurants again its a cab as too far to walk. Too far to walk anywhere really and its very hot to walk too far anyway. You have to get cabs everywhere which arent cheap so if you DO stay at this hotel and you dont have a car just be aware that is a little way from anywhere.
The hotel suite was big and roomy. Nice little kitchenette. I didnt see any creepy crawlies although I did notice lots of rentakill little things scattered around various parts of the room. These were obviously working for my room which was ground floor, as I didnt even see so much as an ant.
I can reccomend this hotel The staff are pretty friendly. The bar only sells beers or wines so if you are a gin guzzler like me then you have to go to the Pelican beach resort next door for a gin fix. They do nice bar food at the Sun tower but some of the titles of the dish are a bit strange and confusing. Not that cheap, but then the whole area isn't I found.
There is free internet pc in the reception area which I always had no trouble using.
Yes basically this is a very good hotel but all I can sress IS you DO need a car if you want to get around. Its a long way to come from the UK for a beach holiday but having said that it is an excellant beach with tropical warm waters so not so bad
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fort Lauderdale's Premiere boutique style hotel, located DIRECTLY on 350 ft of private beach, offers 23 NEWLY RENOVATED oceanfront suites and standard accommodations with private balconies. Enjoy our Sandbar Grille located on our expanded oceanfront terrace or relax by our heated pool. Lounge chairs & umbrella's are provided along with complimentary use of kayaks and paddleboards. Self parking on property is available for no additional cost. There is nothing between you and beach when you stay at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Sun Tower Hotel & Suites on the beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Tower Hotel And Suites On The Beach
- Sun Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sun Motel Fort Lauderdale