“Alcazar/Worthington Resorts”
Review of Alcazar Resort

Alcazar Resort
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Just completed an excellent 7-day stay in the Alcazar/Worthington. I loved the well-maintained tropical setting and beautiful plants. The staff is the greatest and very friendly. This was my 6th stay; the other visits were for 2 or 3 days each time. I don't drive, so the location of the guest house was good to get around by walking or the sun trolly. I always meet fun people. I was able to find restaurants within walking distance during the 7 days. Hope to return both for short visits very soon and I plan to make the 7-day stay an annual ritual. Also enjoy the freedom of not having to wear clothes.

Room Tip: I usually stay on the Alcazar side; it seems quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Hal S

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our first trip to Ft. Lauderdale was relaxing and memorable because of the staff of the Alcazar and Worthington Resorts. Retro south Florida guesthouses two short blocks walk from the amazing beach. The entire resort - pool area, guest room, breakfast area, and seating areas - were immaculately kept. Much cleaner than other resorts where we've stayed in the past. We've added Ft. Lauderdale to our list of places to return and we'll be booking a room at the Alcazar.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PaulnDavid
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The resort is your average old looking hotel in south Florida but everything has been remolded to a very nice tropical look. It does look amazing Always something new going on but very respectful to all the guests. I had a problem with my reservation that was totally my fault and the the person on call drove down on his own time to help me find a place to stay near by.(The front desk closes and a late hour and opens up early)It is by far the best place we have stayed in on the east coast and will go back again . I hope this is helpful to anyone thinking of staying here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaynbutch
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Another great trip to the Alcazar/Worthington. Staff is friendly and attentive. Resort gets better every time we go. Guest are friendly. I like to stay on the Alcazar side as is a little quieter and can alway wander over to the Worthington side. I'm looking forward to my next trip!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed at the Worthington/Alcazar guesthouse for 3 nights in March and had a great time. The property is well maintained and service is excellent. I stayed on the Alcazar side which appeared to be a bit more quiet but that is just an impression and not one based on fact as I was not sleeping on the Worthington side. The Worthington pool is much busier during the day but if you want some great peace and quiet the Alcazar pool is fantastic!

My only minor criticism is that the bed linens in the rooms are in desperate need of upgrading. I seem to recall others have made this comment and they are correct. The bed sheets and duvet covers really need to be replaced as they are a bit threadbare.

However, the facility is beautifully landscaped, it's a very social atmosphere and very convenient to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
jdurhanFt_Lauderdale, Owner at Alcazar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I have called in my head housekeeper with respect to the linens. We very recently upgraded all bed linens at both buildings and no longer use duvets covers. We purchased all new High thread count sheets, new feather lite duvet blankets that get folded between two top sheets, Bed scarfs and new pillows. I will find out why you had that experience, it should not have happened. My apologies.
Jim Durhan

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I had a nice time there. The property is in excellent shape, and the owners work their butts off to keep it that way. The staff was great, the front desk was great. Very helpful and professional. We get used to being treated poorly and putting up with trashy rooms at resorts like this, and it's a refreshing change dealing with this property. I enjoyed the room, the amenities, the fellow guests, the layout of the place, the location, the quality of furnishings, the price per night, etc. I can't think of a better place to spend Christmas next year.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Very good experience. Nice folks, clean rooms, beautiful grounds, pool and hot tub. Will go again

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
The Cabanas Guesthouse & Spa
#1 of 3 in Wilton Manors
snooze
#4 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Alcazar Resort? Share your experiences!