“We had a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 25 Fort Lauderdale B&B and Inns
Cudjoe Key, Florida, United States
“We had a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Last time we visited ft lauderdale we stayed at a motel across the street, this was a huge step up from that one! Quaint suite set up with comfortable bed, across the street from beach. The pool was clean and nice. We thought we had the place to ourselves it was so quiet and we never saw any other guests although there were cars in the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Jane K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I definitely won't be staying here again. I booked my room online and booked two rooms by mistake so someone called me to confirm how many rooms I wanted. I told the guy one and said everything was fine, on the way there I called to tell someone that we would be arriving late and I was told I didn't have a room because I canceled it. The guy was very rude and actually hung up on me three times and refused to give me his name. He finally answered the phone and said he could have a room for me. That should've been reason enough for me not to stay, but I didn't want to have to search for a hotel in the middle of the night. The rooms were cute, but they should renovate the bathrooms, they are very outdated. Also the room was not clean. We were itching the whole time we were there. The nicest thing about the stay was the guy that bright more towels and the fact that it was a block from the beach but it rained all weekend!!

• Stayed June 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and I were very disappointed with this hotel. We had read great reviews and the price wasn't so bad so we decided to book it. I was arriving on a late flight so my husband checked in at 9pm before he came to pick me up (9pm is technically after-hours for check-in, so he had to call a number for the front desk person to come down and complete the check in process) The rooms were not bad, pretty well-kept and clean, and we probably would've recommended the place if it weren't for the terrible incident in the morning. Around 10:15 am we were laying in bed, half-dressed and enjoying a slow morning when we hear a man's voice talking to someone and keys hitting the door. My husband called out saying "There's someone in here!" and "Occupied!" loudly but the man continued to open the door without knocking . . .if either of us were decent we would have gotten up to prevent the door from opening but instead had to cover up and call from the bed as a stranger opened the door to our room. He shut the door after realizing the situation. We checked out around 10:45 am (checkout time is 11) and mentioned the incident to the manager, who was at the front desk. We said that someone came into our room at 10:15, without knocking, while we were still in bed. I expected at least an apology, but none was given! Instead the manager repeated "it's alright, it's alright, it's the cleaning people, most people are checked out by that time anyway." When we brought up that checkout time was 11am, he continued to repeat "It's alright" numerous times, as if it were our fault!! His tone was very condescending and aggressive, even though we had lightly brought up the incident and were NOTasking for anything (discounted room, voucher, etc) just stating an upsetting experience. He literally waved us away with his hand when we asked if he could please remind the staff to knock before entering the room. Never once a simple apology! If customer service is important to you I'd recommend booking a different hotel in the area, you'd be better off with the similarly-priced Best Western next door.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqueline O

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a very small hotel south of Bahia Mar. Definitely good for the price, but don't expect a lot. The bed was comfortable (memory foam). The bathroom needed an upgrade. There wasn't anywhere to put a suitcase, so we basically just stuck them in the closet - which was big - but could've used those luggage stands since there wasn't a dresser. Expect to hear your neighbor coughing (thin walls). Free parking is a plus. Free wifi as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a fantastic little vintage hotel right across from the beach. I loved it! Very clean, cute retro decor, and the service was great! The landscaping is beautiful. Love the fridge...big plus to keep cold drinks and snacks handy. The bed was super comfortable memory foam, too. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We picked Harbor Inn after reading the reviews. We had a room at the ground floor facing the swimming pool. This is a very nice hotel with all that we need for a short stay. Our room was vey spacious with a kitchenette, dining table and a small 'living area'. It was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Decoration was simple yet tasteful.
The location was very good, close to the beach and very convenient. It was just next to the main road, easily accessible. Parking was just right in front of the Inn. The manager was helpful showing us the room and explaining the details upon check-in.
Wifi was good and bottled water was provided. It was a very nice place and we feel very relaxed staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Harbor Beach Inn is very convenient, clean, and equipped with microwave, frig, wi-fi, and quality bedding. Its has hardwood floors, nice pool and courtyard area. Front Desk Manager great, they show you to your room and make sure all is working. Easy walk to all the oceanfront activities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo