“A goldmine”

Harbor Beach Inn
Ranked #20 of 26 Fort Lauderdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2012

we stayed here for one night in Oct 2012
the hotel was easily found even in the middle of a storm
the staff were friendly and very welcoming, showed us to the room which had been cooled down before we entered (nice touch after arriving hot and sticky)
when asked if there was somewhere local to eat, the recommendation was spot on,
the large room was newly decorated and was fitted out with new appliances, fridge, microwave, coffee/tea making facilities
TV was large flat screen with many many channels
WiFi was strong and quick
bed was comfy and very large, woke up feeling refreshed after a good nights rest
local areas, beach, harbour, bars are all within an easy walk
the pool although a little murky after the storm was clean and very refreshing

the best overall impression was how clean this establishment was
nothing bad to say

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barrie2222

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I liked my stay here. The room was clean, reasonable TV, wifi, fridge, microwave, coffee that worked, really comfortable mattress, and plenty of closet space. My only complaint was that the toilet seat was a round mini old fashioned version. I can't remember seeing anything that small since my last trip to Russia. The only staff that I saw was the manager, who lives on premises as is not always in the office - so you sometimes have to call him from the phone they have there - which I did on a few occasions, and he appeared almost immediately. I believe the hotel is undergoing renovations - one room at a time. My room was nice and clean and was obviously one that had recently been upgraded. You can see that the property is quite old fashioned from the old concrete tiles and the beautiful wooden floor. I did not use the pool, but it looked clean and has an area around it for sitting. The hotel is located at one end of the "strip" so you basically only have the option to head north if you want to enjoy the restaurants, beach, fishing etc. Fortunately all of these "attractions" start within one short block. This is a basic, friendly, hotel that I would have no hesitation in recommending to someone who wants a place to stay which is flexible, and where you are not bothered by cleaning ladies on a tight schedule. There is parking right in front. They need a bigger sign on the street as I drove by three times before I saw it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here one night before leaving on a cruise, and this place was much better than I had expected. We had a late flight and arrived at the hotel at 11:30pm. There was no issue with us being this late, and we were greeted very nicely at the door. The room was extremely clean, and the staff was very pleasant. Great location and you can't beat the price!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I knew it was going to bea small Inn, but could not believe it. We got there and were welcomed by a note to the "Smiths" telling us to call a number. We did and the manager was out getting something to eat! He told us the door to our room was "unlocked" and to go in and he would take care of it when he returned. The room needed paint, walls in the bathroom were cracked and teh wall sockets for pulgging in your phone or laptop were covered over by part of the fixture plate. We checked out in the morning by once again the lobby being locked and told to leave the key in the mailbox. NOT at all what i would expect for a hundred dollars a night!

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sammy S
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Ok I was a little freaked out about booking here but we only needed it for one night. We got there and found out that there are people living there, but surprisingly it was quiet and the people were not druggies or anything like that. The room was clean and even had a little kitchen. You can walk to the beach from this hotel. The only cons were that it is near a fire station and it was sirens all night long, but we live in the city anyway so it was kinda normal for most it would be loud. And the beds were uncomfortable (I am not really picky about beds). And they just had the standard blackets that you always want to throw in the floor. The guy working the desk was super nice though and let us check in several hours early. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms would be about the same.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheChipperCupcake
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I recently stayed at the Harbor Beach Inn for two weeks and found it very reasonable. It was quiet, clean, and friendly. The manager Dave was very considerate and helpful. It's a great place to stay at an affordable rate. I'd do it again.

J.A. Michigan

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2010

When I was 21 and going to captain school , I needed a place to stay for 2 months, Harbor beach inn is conviently located to everything you need. But thats it. Al the manager is a nut, they come into your room with out knocking, and do random checks to make sure you are there alone or else they will charge you extra. As a student that needed somewhere to stay , it was great and I enjoyed it. but not recommened as a family vacation destination.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business