“Convenient, pricing was appropriate. And the rooms very clean with sincere service! Would definetly stay there again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2949 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306-1468   |
Ranked #126 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

The moment I arrived the front desk staff had a warm welcome and the room was very clean with great service. I had been driving for hours and just wanted to get some rest. It was perfect no hassles very affordable. Definetly would pop in there again

• Stayed March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Checked in before going on a cruise. Clean Room. Appeared to put in new beds. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Checked in late night. Beds must have been recently replaced. Decent room for sixty bucks. Nice mattress. would stay again for a night if needed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I am sure their monthly rates are quite competitive but if your intended stay isn't that long, keep on moving. Price was almost $80 and it was indescribably awful. Pulled into parking lot thinking.. oh we can afford this place and its just a place to crash. Went to a show at the culture room thinking this location is great... just walk there. WRONG!! Horrible idea. Don't turn the lights off or the cockroaches will get you! The stinch, the creepiness of the neighbors.. Kind of wanted to park my car down the street!! I am the type that doesn't need much and thought even I was better than this. I literally scrubbed my body once I got out of that place. I would rather have brought a tent and camped out.. ANYWHERE than this place!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

Stayed here 2/6/11 after a cruise. We had a night to sleep before flying out.

The place is a dive, not sure how else to summarize it.

When we pulled up we were immediately worried about our night's stay. The impression you get from the curb is fairly accurate. The rooms are seriously dated. They are very dark. There were more than a few burnt out lights and some of the lamps didn't work. There was a smell in the room when we walked in. Musty would be a good description. My guess is it was the bathroom. The shower floor was put together by someone that either had no clue what they were doing or just didn't care. The drain is in the highest part of the floor so water pools up in the shower and just stagnates. I wore flip flops in the shower.

The AC works really well.

Beds are quite firm. Linens were clean. I pulled up the sheet to inspect the mattress and it appeared bug free. Nothing fancy here.

TV is ancient. I tried to watch the Super Bowl in the room and we laughed at how terrible the image was.

The shuttle driver is a friendly Jamaican guy who speeds like crazy. We were going 60+ in 35 mph zones and more.

Continental breakfast is fruit loops or some corn flake looking things. Juice and coffee are also available. It's a joke.

The pool was just clean enough to seem inviting but just murky enough for me to not want to go in.

To summarize: I would pay more for a better place next time and skip this place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
neverland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

This is THE WORST place I've ever been to!! The room smells like OLD MOLD! I have BED BUG BITES ALL OVER MY BODY!!! I couldn't do it anymore, and left to stay elsewhere. Do yourself a favor, don't do it!!! I had a horrible time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hclan
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

This was probably the worst motel I've ever stayed in. When my husband and I were looking for the address we drove past it. We should have kept driving. Our room had two holes in the ceiling, a damp, musty odor, and a door that was not secure. The only reason we stayed (we would have just taken the loss of our $90) was our friiends had already checked in. The only bright spot was the desk clerk who was very friendly. I'm sorry she has to work in such a poor environment.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigheadgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland P...
#58 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 stars 622 reviews
The Hotel Deauville
#9 of 36 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 stars 87 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!