See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is a perfect place to stay. Its near from the beach, the rooms are clean and confortable. The pool deck is organized, relax and clean. The manager was helpless all the time and the housekeeping service was great. It was my second time and when I come back Ill stay here again.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ferla
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is lovely. The owner clearly has a lot of pride in his establishment. The pool area in the courtyard is like a completely different world. Also, the Cocobelle is right beside the grounds to Bonet House, so it's extra secluded. We got a suite (#13) with a King sized bed and small kitchen area. The kitchen had everything we needed, the room was very cozy and had a leafy view of the Bonet House grounds next door.

It is a short walk to the beach and to eating establishments along N. Atlantic Blvd. I have to say, every time we walked past the enormous and empty looking hotels along Atlantic we were really glad we went with a classic Florida motel: cozy, small, two stories of pink stucco cuddled around a pool and gardens. It was perfect and much cheaper than the chilly Hilton would have been. I would absolutely stay in the Cocobelle the next time I am in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate M
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel three years ago, and decided to come again for three days as we passed through Ft Lauderdale on our way back up north. I booked it quite a while in advance. It was hard to get set up, as they are not good on email. I had not heard back from them many days later, and I was just getting ready to choose another location. Finally they did get back to me. I booked and they grabbed the first night in advance from my account.

As the date approached I saw that the weather was not all that great there, and I wanted to cancel. I saw that was not possible as you are not able to do that unless it is a long time before that.

When we arrived, we were shocked to see how much more dumpy the area is around them. Other reviews here have said the same. A number of derelict hotels surround them. There is construction which was very loud, going on a couple of buildings over. Jack hammers, etc.

The rooms were very clean, as were their grounds. Others have pointed out, and I can confirm, that the bed mattress and couch were exceptionally soft and uncomfortable. I had poor sleep as a result. Sitting in the couch was very exciting, hard to get out of. We elected to put pillows below and behind us, to make the couch useable.

This hotel does cater to smokers, you can smoke everywhere except the rooms. Being non smokers, this was disgusting, as we were never able to use the pool or sit outside as every other person who was there smoked a lot, including a fellow with cigars. Yuck. I had liked it due to the location, near to the beach, but nothing really there, a few dumpy stores, and derelict buildings.

If you wish to come to this hotel, I suggest that you bring your own paper products, they don't provide Kleenex, and the single ply toilet paper is not very good.

We decided to leave a day early, the weather was poor, not their fault of course. Rather than spend another day in the mall, we left. I knew that I would get no money back, which of course, I did not. When checking in, you pay in advance. If I return to Ft Lauderdale, I will stay at a regular hotel and just drive to the beach.

I regret to suggest that you pass on this place. Go to one of the newer places.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank michaelbyrns
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were only here one night precruise but even my husband would have liked to stay longer. We were disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Just stayed at Cocobelle, what a depressing place. We stayed in studio 6, it did have a kitchenette with full utensils. However this place is not a fun joyful place. Our bed comforter set was in browns so you couldn't tell if it was clean and the walls were a boring pale beige yellow tone. Not an update beachy feeling place at all being near the beach. Location is OK of you want peace in quiet and like to read. If you looking for fun with beach bars and cafes this is not the place. We ended up driving down a ways and paying for beach parking so we could be near the action.
The place needs lots of TLC, the landscaping was overgrown and in need of trimming and blowing. The pool area is small and just laid out strange. Not inviting, drab.
Bottom line this place needs updating and some bright beacy colors and decor added to bring it up to date. I would not recommend or stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family