See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Based on reviews on TA I decided to try this hotel. I was very pleased with it. My room (#5) was comfortable with a private patio. The bathroom was average size and the kitchen fully stocked with utensils (e.g., pots/pans/dishes/toaster/coffeemaker/mixer!). I could have cooked just about anything I wanted (but, I didn't since I was on vacation). The room was quiet and nicely decorated. It did not feel at all like a hotel room...more like a private apt. The only problem I had in the room was the A/C which was loud. I ended up turing it off and the room was still comfortable so it wasn't a big issue for me. The pool area is small but nicely laid-out with a good mix of sun and shade. The man who runs the place is helpful. The location is great, close to the quieter part of the beach but just several blocks from the center of the action. I would definitely stay here again. Thanks Cocobelle Resort!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jjmarkp
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed here for four nights pre-cruise in February. We love the location - just a few blocks from the beach, easy walking distance to good restaurants and because the water taxi and the trolley are nearby you don't really need a car. There are many positives about the place - rooms are well appointed with a fridge, stove, microwave, etc., pool is wonderful, but the place needs to be freshened up a bit. Time for another coat of paint, replace the windows and check the air conditioning units. Still good, but not up to what we had last time we visited two years ago.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is a very clean place and the pool area is charming. It is not too far from the beach and the general area has a safe feel about it. This is our second visit here. I don't like the fact that there is no one on site at night. If you have to leave very early or arrive later after 10 PM - you're out of luck. It's also very boring there. There's nothing but the room and the small pool that few people use.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
1  Thank Doris96
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at the Cocobelle with a friend for three nights in January and it was a wonderful experience. We were looking for a cheap yet safe place close to the beach, and since we were on a budget we didn't mind fewer bells and whistles. The office is open until 7:00 or so, but we arrived 15 minutes before closing (due to a delayed flight) and were still received warmly. The owner/manager is friendly and has quite a dry sense of humor. After checking us in he suggested we come back to the office in the morning to get his recommendations on attractions and any information on water taxis, etc. that we could ask for. The free parking and complimentary beach/pool towels were very appreciated.

Our room, #12, was accommodating and clean, with two beds, a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There was even a DVD player on the TV so we could rent a movie from Redbox on our first night. I was surprised to find a full set of dishes and cutlery in the room, which was very helpful for breakfast (just remember to buy dishwashing soap and sponges). The bathroom is immaculate, and although there is only a shower in the room, it's very spacious (I wouldn't have taken a bath anyway!) One of the only complaints I had about the room was that one of the windows looks out onto the open hallway of the hotel. We had to keep the blinds closed the entire time in case fellow guests were peeking in. This also meant that we could hear anyone talking outside in the community pool area. It was cool enough during our stay that we only needed the windows open and the ceiling fan on, so I can't speak to the noise/efficiency of the unit air conditioners.

Additional advantages to the room:
1) There is a washer and dryer on-premises if you're staying long-term and need to wash clothes.
2) Free Wifi. Instructions for login are right inside each room and it was a strong signal when I visited. In this day and age this is a must for boutique hotels.
3) The pool is gorgeous and heated. Since we visited in January the ocean was a little too cold, so after a walk along the beach we came back to the hotel and took a dip. The large palms and other plants lining the pool area block the view completely from the street, so you won't get any outside gawkers. As other photos can show, the area is also nicely lit up at night.
4) Only a block and a half away from the beach. The downside to this is the path to the beach leads you past empty lots and abandoned hotels that didn't fare as well as the Cocobelle. During the day we had no problems taking the walk to A1A, but it was a little scarier at night. The location of the Cocobelle at the north end of this string of resorts is also a disadvantage, because it's a mile until the restaurants and shops farther south. There are other cheap hotels closer to the action on the beach, but I don't know if they would be as welcoming as Cocobelle.

And a word to the wise: if you buy food and bring it to your room, don't leave it out!! We made that mistake, and the muffins we planned to eat for breakfast were being feasted upon by ants the next morning. This was our own fault and not a negative on the part of the hotel; just remember that you aren't in a sealed-off hotel like the Westin, and mistakes like this can bring little bugs to the room. We kept the windows open the entire time, however, and never had an insect fly into the room or any bug larger than the little ants.

I would definitely suggest this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel close to the beach but not looking to shell out the money for the huge, impersonal chains. The homeyness of this place, and the friendly staff, are definite advantages. If I came to Fort Lauderdale I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms 5-8 and 13-16 overlook the back of the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens. While I didn't see them while I was there, guests have said they've met the little monkeys that live on the garden's grounds when staying in these rooms!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank honestyseasy
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We found this hotel on Trip Advisor. We stayed Feb 4-6 in Room #15. It looked exactly like the pictures on the website. There was a small fridge, microwave and coffeepot ...dishes, glasses, silverware etc. The room was very clean with lots of towels, soap, shampoo, hair dryer and a walk in shower. The owner was friendly and helpful and we were able to check in early. He recommended some nearby restaurants. The pool was warm and nicely landscaped. This is a very quiet property...we did not hear any noise or partying.
We walked to the nearby restaurants and bars. The beach was two blocks away.
So all in all this is a clean 3 * property in a nice location. The pool and the resort's location makeup for the smaller rooms and older style hotel.

Room Tip: Just look at the website pictures. Room 15 is on the 2nd floor and overlooks the pool. There is no shelf space in the bathroom for makeup and extras. Just a small shelf and mirror in the room itself by the closet area.
1  Thank Ktgirl