“What a get away!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Phila
“What a get away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here last week and it was fantastic! I cant find a negative word about the place.
We stayed in an ocean front room and WHAT A VIEW!! It was gorgeous.
The room service was incredible, whatever it was they sprayed may be the best scent ever.
The room was spotless from our arrival until we left, GREAT work folks! and a HUG Thank You!
The bathroom was beautiful, fully equipped and stocked.
The pool guys, especially Daniel, just awesome and so accommodating.
The servers Donny and a blonde haired girl (I forget her name, sorry!), they were right on top of things, so friendly, so helpful, just great people.
And now to the bar! Closes at 6 pm, opens at 9 am (for those who like to know these things), the view from the bar and the pool itself of the beach is beautiful.
The bar staff, the freakin' best!
Bobby, Richard and Scott.. 3 bartenders who are perfect for their jobs, they are good talkers, funny, and never leave you dry, thats for sure.
Bobby was there when we arrived, late afternoon, because it had been raining they were closing at 4, he said it was last call, but then stayed a bit longer since we just got there and served us on his time. Scott made our last day memorable as we met family at the pol for drinks and some sun, he was a blast, and Richard, always funny, very talkative and just a nice guy!
The people who stayed here while we were there we very friendly, especially the live-in residents that own their units, nicest people ever.
We thought it was going to be full of "snobby" people, as we are certainly not that type (after reading some of the reviews, I got the feel from some that the place may have attracted them, but then came to realize that THEY may be the ones I was thiking of) But not at all, saw all walks of life in this place, and all treated the same.
Didnt eat at the restaurant, but the food looked great! The food at the pool was wonderful though!
I not only would recommend the place but I will DEFINITELY be returning there.
Pricey for drinks, a bit pricey on food but WELL worth it.

Room Tip: Get the ocean front, the sunrise and view are WELL worth it.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked this room as a surprise for my husband for our 6 year wedding anniversary. We live in South Florida so it was just for a night to "get away". The lobby was gorgeous and really sets the expectation of what you will find throughout the hotel. I had reserved a partial ocean view room but we really felt like it was more than partial. Our room faced north and there are no other buildings close to the hotel in that direction so we got a really amazing view of the ocean. Plus we got a great view of the Intracoastal and could watch the sun set. The room itself was perfect - clean, modern, comfortable and relaxing. We were able to spend some time by the pool in the late afternoon and it was such a pleasure. We got some drinks and grabbed a large chair that we could share and looked out at the ocean. We were surprised by the hotel with some delicious chocolate covered strawberries on a plate that said "Happy 6 Year Anniversary" and champagne back at our room which was a nice touch. Unfortunately our son got sick and we ended up having to check out at 10am to get home. I would have loved to experience the brunch there because the day was gorgeous - 80 something degrees with clear skies. Maybe we'll return next year for our 7 year anniversary :)

Room Tip: If you don't want to pay for full ocean view, ask for a north facing room and get the partial oc...
1 Thank Lindsay14
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I just completed a very disappointing visit to the Ritz Carlton, Ft. Lauderdale. While the location on the beach is superb and the rooms and entire hotel bright, new and modern and the staff friendly, I felt I had been way overcharged for what I received. My package included a $100 credit for spa services but I could not use it because they had no opening when I was available and this morning, my final morning, they did not open the spa until 1000am. So I lost the credit. There was a $20.00 per day credit for a continental breakfast but one had to go down to the restaurant to order and eat. My bathroom had no walk-in shower and climbing into an steep elevated tub to shower was a chore for someone my age(72) and there were no grab bars to help steady a person entering or leaving the tub, only one at the shower head end which is useless because of glass panels which do not move serving as splash protectors for the floor. There was practically no one in the hotel on Wednesday or Thursday night and service at the bar or on the stunning outside porch and at breakfast was very, very slow. On the final night they tacked on something which I still fail to understand entitled "package" and the price of the room rose $150.00. I share this because when booking here, please read the conditions and services and charges closer than I did when I thought the room was $257 plus taxes per night. Finally, be aware that they charge an additional $32.50 per night for valet parking. I always trusted the Ritz brand but am having difficulties after this experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Bob522
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our yacht broker at Westport Marine suggested this hotel, I had forgotten that the Ritz had a location here. I made a reservation for six nights as I also saw that they were pet friendly. I understood the $250 fee for a pet but didn't realize they were rigid in their weight policy. Our pet weighs 30 pds and we were REFUSED ACCOMODATION and told that they could get us a room at the Embassy Suites!!!! REALLY! Obviously we said no and asked them to find us a hotel of similar standards. (Nothing against them but we have just travelled from Vancouver Canada and were looking forward to a nice suite over looking the water)

So now she starts calling out prices of various hotels close by, $200, $189 and on and on. I looked at her and said I would like to stay at a comparable hotel, with my pet. Finally she came up with The W and again started quoting us the cheapest rooms.

It became obvious to me that this hotel reluctantly allows small pets and their attitude is that pet owners are beneath their standards. So after half an hour she got us a reservation for a one bedroom suite at The W secured with the credit card on file. She then pointed out that their rate for our stay would be $2000, I said thank you, that $2500 cheaper than here! Really what I would have like to say was " are you ?........"
When we checked in at The W we were told that the full amount was charged to our credit card and was NON-REFUNDABLE!!!! We never authorized her to use our credit card.

This has put me off staying at any Ritz Carlton's for a long time.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Nickers1
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

It was a dated looking hotel with minimal luxury touches. It did not feel like a ritz or a luxury hotel. We rented a 2 BR suite for more than $800/night, the suite looked dated, lacked any design or luxury touches, the living room balcony looked out on several air conditioning units for the entire building so instead of hearing waves, you heard the machinery. Definitely not worth the price. The pool was similar, just ok. The tray of cookies, fruit, cheese, crackers and water (without a bottle opener) was a nice touch on the first night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NG_2007
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel was very nice -- from the lobby to the pool and the guest rooms. The service was good but it was not above and beyond as many have come to expect at the Ritz Carlton. My boyfriend explained that he called the concierge before our arrival to set up something special for my birthday but the concierge was unresponsive. He gave him some standard info via email and never replied when my boyfriend wrote him back. My boyfriend also let the front desk know it was my birthday but they didn't say or do anything special at all.

I guess it might sound spoiled but I expected something, really anything, from the Ritz to say happy birthday.

Otherwise everything was fine. We ended up renting a cabana and it took some extra time for them to set everything up but once it was set up it was very nice.

They did accidentally add an expensive dinner from the hotel restaurant on to our room bill but took off the expense when we asked, twice.

2 Thank pignatiello
Cromwell, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

As in keeping with the example set by the Ritz Carlton folks, the Ft. Lauderdale property exemplifies why all hotel chains should take a lesson in a customer "experience" at the Ritz. The service is excellent but it is in the delivery - prompt, courteous and extremely efficient that makes it standout from the competition. Only a one day visit but worth it - the food was great, the service...well I already addressed that and the location.

Kudos to the staff...they also shipped my blue blazer that I had left behind - no charge!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business