“Perfection - this is what service is all about...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Perfection - this is what service is all about...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

As in keeping with the example set by the Ritz Carlton folks, the Ft. Lauderdale property exemplifies why all hotel chains should take a lesson in a customer "experience" at the Ritz. The service is excellent but it is in the delivery - prompt, courteous and extremely efficient that makes it standout from the competition. Only a one day visit but worth it - the food was great, the service...well I already addressed that and the location.

Kudos to the staff...they also shipped my blue blazer that I had left behind - no charge!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Overall a great trip - the staff at this hotel is more than accomodating and exceeded my expectations. The coffee shop is perfect and the amenities in the room are great. The room is basic, but bathroom is very nice (with a tv). My shower was broken but since it was a short stay I did not complain. All rooms have balconies, which is great - there is no bad view everything is beautiful! Pool is perfect and staff at the cafe/bar is fantastic! 2 cons: The beach is accross the street and is not on property. Beach chairs and staff are available, but no food or drinks (only water) :( - not at all what you wish for on a relaxing vacation. The spa does not have a steam or sauna room! How could this be!!! Massage was mediocrea nd there is more atomosphere at massage envy. Not worth the money at all I was very disappointed. Also the reception staff at the spa was rude and did not want to help with questions. I would stay again for location and staff at hotel, but would not go to the spa.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had a great stay @ the Ritz in Ft Lauderdale. The hotel is right on the ocean, Ihad a nice size room with a grat view and a large balcony. It is within walking distance to many beachside restaurants. The hotel also has great meeting space with very good catering available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Funtravler85
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Was in this fabulous property for one night last week. Went with my two adult daughters to visit family, and then treated ourselves to some pampering. The hotel lives up to the classification of a 5 star property; service was impeccable yet unobtrusive, the room was grand, the bar and restaurant superb!!!! Everyone we encountered was pleasant and eager to be of help, the drinks were large and delicious, and every bite we had to eat for dinner and breakfast the following morning was mouth-watering. I wouldn't hesitate to rave about this place to anyone considering a stay in Fort Lauderdale.
ps: we had a good laugh that the room service menu included meals for your pet:"little paws pet menu" with items like spaghetti and meat ball for $22, and a home made dog biscuit for $8!!!!

Room Tip: ocean view rooms are incredible. the higher up, the better.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Ritz Carlton on Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard is an amazing hotel! It is gorgeous & the service was impeccable! This is TRULY a 5 star hotel & the staff strived to take care of all of our needs, beginning with the last minute reservation. My family & I had reserved & checked into the 3 bedroom Presidential Suite at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, which is approximately 3 minutes from the Ritz Carlton. We checked out of the Hilton less than 24 hours after arriving, due to the horrendous & disgusting accommodations, which definitely should not have been priced at $1,200 per night! I contacted the Ritz Carlton at 9:00 a.m., the morning after checking into the Hilton, & explained that I needed a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom suite with an immediate check-in. We were able to check-in by 9:30 a.m.! Our suite was not only spacious & beautiful, the view from each room was breathtaking!! Additionally, the hotel staff (valet, bell staff, doormen, guest registration, housekeeping, room service, etc) were absolutely phenomenal during our entire stay! I don't think I've ever experienced such a consistent level of service! Following each run or walk on the beach, we were greeted at the door with bottles of water! We also received twice per day housekeeping services! The Ritz Carlton's service model is to be commended! The Ritz Carlton is pricier than other hotels on Fort Lauderdale Beach; however, you truly get what you pay for! My family & I won't ever stay anywhere else when visiting Fort Lauderdale again!

Room Tip: Room 1608 is a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom with direct oceanfront views from every room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Legaleye50
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

After searching for 6 months for a place to celebrate our anniversary which is a special one this year, I decided to choose this hotel.
The whole experience was awesome. Location is the best: directly on the beach, elevator from hotel takes you to beach no need to cross the street. CVS next door where you can buy anything you need ( cookies, sun lotions, chips, cokes,...) eateries and local bars next door as well, try Spazio or H2O cafe they serve breakfast as well from 8:00 am till 11:00. The hotel serves open buffet breakfast during weekend only and A La Carte menu during week days but haven't tried it and a bit expensive.
Personnel: Amazing team, they know how to treat guests. From Valet parking to housekeeping. I have to mention few names as they deserve: O'Neish and all the team of the Valet parking including the only lady I saw with them Joycelin. Robert/ Bellman, Sarah with her smile at the reception for a smooth, efficient check-in. Ashly at the housekeeping, a true efficient and smiling woman.
Whenever you walk in this hotel, Staff are smiling and greeting you and ask you if you need anything. Honestly, if you are paying extra money here compared to other places, it worth evrey dollar. Don't think twice to book here, you won't regret. A room with ocean view is a must, the view is soooo great.
We booked partial ocean and were upgraded to full ocean at 12 th floor, beautiful with all meanings for this word, we were offered complimentary wireless room Internet and in the room a sparkling wine bottle with strawberries were waiting for us, woow and a lovely card to wish us happy anniversary. When this is the start, what do you expect then? More and more of wonderful surprises. Our son were offered a toy and a beach bucket when we checked in and he had a whole stroller of toys to choose from. This was new for me but we were so grateful and happy that we knew we made right choice by staying with Ritz Fort Lauderdale,
the lobby is a piece of art, faultless. Free Cold water is everywhere in the hotel and fruits.
Robert the Bellman gave us a general overview about the hotel, amenities, room control from the phone system. He is sooo good, Sarah at checking was amazing, valet parking is 32 night and worth the money, as you are treated like a king.
The bar at the hotel is excellent, staff smiling and serving
happily. The pool is on 7th floor with full ocean view. Pool menu is good and food us delicious. Room service is great but they charge you for 5 dollars for each order. Expect to pay 28 dollars for a hamburger sand which with fries. As a conclusion: this is a Ritz, you pay more you get a lot. Enjoy every moment at this wonderful place. We did.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank VivianeSafwat
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Let me start this review by saying that this is only MY experience, and it was probably an isolated incident, but my stay at the Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale ended in deep disappointment.

My wife and I are from the NYC area and we go to South Florida 2-3 times per year for the gorgeous weather/beaches, and the occasional Miami Dolphins football game. We either stay in Fort Lauderdale or South Beach. In South Beach, we've stayed at The Shore Club and The Hilton Bentley. Both AMAZING luxury properties that we treated ourselves to and were blown away by the property/service.

On our recent trip to Fort Lauderdale, we decided to try a night at the Ritz Carlton, because we usually stay at the Courtyard Marriott Beachfront (which is perfectly fine, but not ultra luxury). We booked one night at the Ritz as a test, then the remaining three nights at the Courtyard. We usually stay at the Courtyard when we plan to do lots of excursions, like surfing, paddleboarding, etc. because we won't spend much time in the hotel and don't need the luxury hotel experience, but we still get the friendly, safe Marriott service.

When we arrived at the Ritz, we were greeted with great professionalism by the valet... and at check-in we received an upgrade to a beautiful corner room with ocean and bay views from a wrap-around balcony. Off to a FANTASTIC start.

The property has a great walkway to the beach, and you don't have to rent chairs/umbrellas like other hotels in Fort Lauderdale. They even have complimentary SPF30 sun lotion by the pool (on your way to the beach) in case you're running low. Didn't need it, but FANTASTIC. We expected stuff like that for the extra $300/night over the Courtyard.

We had lunch at the pool bar... fish tacos and a giant quesadilla. FANTASTIC.

My wife and I contemplated cancelling the rest of our stay at the Courtyard and booking the next 3 days at the Ritz, but again, we knew we wouldn't be at the hotel for anything other than sleeping, so we kept our Courtyard plans intact.

HERE'S WHERE THE DISAPPOINTMENT BEGINS: We checked out, and as we drove away, my wife realized that we left a bag in the room. We go back to the Ritz and I told the front desk the situation, so they gave me the key card and I went back to the room to find that the bag was GONE, but 3 items from inside the bag were thrown onto the bed. There were 9 items in the bag: 2 expensive cameras, 2 pairs of expensive sunglasses, 2 expensive pairs of running shoes, 2 bottles of sun lotion, and 1 hat. The 3 items on the bed were the sun lotion and the hat - the things that weren't worth much. The items missing were the 6 items totaling $1000. As I left the room stunned, I saw a housekeeper down the hall, and asked if she found a bag in our room (told her the room #). She paused, said "Ummmmm", then said, "Yes". Than she went to the bottom of her laundry cart, dug out 3 sets of sheets, and under those sheets, was my bag. She said she was "going to give it to security". My my question is: Why go through the bag and take out the items that weren't worth anything? Why not give ALL my items to security? Why did you pick and choose the expensive stuff, and throw the remaining stuff on the bed? Why are you going through the bag to begin with?!?! PLUS... the 'thank you' note we left with our housekeeping tip was stuffed inside one of the running shoes! If she planned to return our stuff to us, why would she be putting the note we gave her inside the bag!?!? I'm not a detective, but this doesn't seem to make sense.

So I reported the incident with the Front Desk Supervisor and she said "maybe she thought you didn't want the hat and lotion". I'm not Albert Einstein, but that insulted my intelligence. It was something I would expect from a bad motel. She said she'd look into it and call me later in the day. When she called, my wife and I were paddleboarding, so I got a message. It said, "I've told our head of housekeeping about the incident and they're going to look into it, so I hope this doesn't prevent you from staying with us again. Let me know if there's anything else we can do."

Now, I'm not one to complain. When I saw dead cockroaches on the balcony, I didn't complain. When I saw someone's cut toenails on the balcony, I didn't complain. I don't expect the Ritz to go around scrubbing the place with a toothbrush. But for the premium you pay to stay at the Ritz, I expected an attempted theft of $1000 (and priceless pictures on those cameras) to be taken seriously. When my wife was in the car outside, she told the valet man what had happened, and he was very apologetic and agreed that that was VERY sketchy and it can't be tolerated. That's the kind of reaction I would expect. Maybe the Ritz should give HIM a leadership position in the company.

So I called back and said that I'm very disappointed that our test run of the Ritz was destroyed by an attempted theft and that I will indeed not be coming back. I wanted to let management know that the incident was nothing like I'd ever experienced at other luxury hotels in the South Florida area. They asked me what I wanted, and I said, "I just want to feel good about staying here in the future. Show me how much the Ritz tolerates this treatment of their guests." After about 6 more phone calls, in which I was given inconsistent information (they admitted that one of the employees didn't know what he was talking about), they asked for my home address, so they could reluctantly send me a voucher for a free night. The bad taste left in our mouth for the rest of our mini-vacation and the phone calls that continued 2 weeks after our vacation out-weigh a voucher for a less-than-24-hour stay at a hotel where we paid a premium to have $1000 worth of stuff almost stolen from us.

When you pay that much for a luxury hotel experience, you want to be impressed. You expect the VERY best. Fort Lauderdale is a place where theft isn't that rare of an event, but you pay extra to stay at places like the Ritz so you don't have to worry about it. Well that logic backfired on my wife and I, and we are not happy with how the Ritz handled the situation. We expected better.

Sure, we didn't lose any items, but we got a scare. And we paid a premium for it. I understand it's not a good idea to leave a bag in your room, but we are human... in carrying our other bags, we forgot this little one. And I would probably not be as disappointed if this happened when we were in our 20's, staying at Holiday Inns. But we paid a premium to get away from our busy work lives, and we expect premium treatment.

Our remaining stay at the Courtyard Marriott was wonderful. We checked-in, they gave us an upgrade and complimentary vouchers for their amazing breakfast buffet. I HIGHLY recommend the Courtyard Marriott for a place to rest your head while in Ft. Lauderdale.

Again, The Ritz is a beautiful property, and everything was great until the bag was taken, and the subsequent phone calls/misinformation transpired, and being treated like we weren't valued guests.

We haven't received our voucher yet, no status update on it. Although I'm a loyal Marriott Rewards member, but if I'm looking to stay at a luxury hotel, I'm done with the Ritz Carlton brand.

If you choose to stay at the Ritz Ft. Lauderdale, you will no doubt be happy with the valet, the beach, the room, and the food, but I would advise you to not bring any valuables, and never ask for turndown service. Just save $300/night and stay at the Courtyard Marriott Beachfront, 5ish blocks south. This 3/5 star rating reflects that balance between premium hotel grounds and an atrocious hotel experience. Thanks and enjoy South Florida!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple