“Still my favorite hotel in Lauderdale, but Kimberly at the front desk needs a refresher in the Ritz Carlton way”

The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #6 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ahhh Kimberly, you didn't really think I was going to let our little confrontation slide did you? Let's forget the fact that I stay at this property 9 - 10 times per year. Let's forget the fact I am a Platinum Marriott guest. Let's pretend this was my first visit to the Lauderdale Ritz. Your bad attitude and overall lack of customer service would make it make it my last visit.

Fortunately, the hotel remains gorgeous, the bathrooms are huge and the rest of the staff is amazing --- especially Richard & Scott at the pool bar. But Kimberly......it's amazing how one person can really ruin an excellent hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank xconn92

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked our room online, upon arrival we were upgraded to an ocean view king with a beautiful view of the ocean and pool! The hotel is across the street from the beach with a walkway that goes over the street for easy access. Walking distance to all the local restaurants and shops. Service was great, as always, definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Brandi M
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful anniversary weekend to the entire staff. This was our first trip to the Lauderdale RC; we usually stay at the South Beach RC but we wanted to see and compare. We have now found a new run away place in SFL.

Amanda and Stef in Club Level; never without a smile and service. From the bell service, valet and bar service it was all 5 star.

1  Thank pan513
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This trip was planned on a very short notice. So I booked both flight and air package four days before departure. My sister and I were in dire need to get away. Its been decades since my last visit to Fort Lauderdale and looked forward to visit another Ritz property. Wow!!! is the first impression as I entered into the Ritz. We were greeted with the fragrance of colorful roses that fill the lobby. Our room was on floor 12 ocean view. What a beautiful veiw and the room was so much larger than other Ritz properties I've visited. Very large bathroom with a deep tub. Also a large sitting area that leads to the balcony that overlooks the pool and the Atlantic Ocean! We did not eat out because the concierge lounge had everything from hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner throughout the day. I highly recommend to add Concierge to your reservation.The entire staff there were exceptionally attentive. Stephanie took it to another level of service as a farewell to us on our departure. Thank You Stephanie! you made it an experience not to forget. Ebony at check out made sure my next visit would be flawless. Ebony was so patient and provided much needed information on my next Ritz Carlton Experience. All in All this has been my Best Ritz experience!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ArtofHair T
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'll review the hiccups we encountered first. We booked a package and the front desk failed to provide us the envelope that contained the information/cards we were expecting. The TV was not plugged in, the headboard was loose and there was a leak in the shower head. However, all of these issues were immediately taken care of once reported.

I had read previous reviews that the rooms didn't look clean because of the light rugs and furniture. Our room was spacious, beautiful and clean. Rooms get dirty because people don't care for things--like the woman I saw banging the bottom of her door with her shoe because her hands were full. You can see that the hotel staff works hard at keeping everything clean and fresh looking.

Overall, you can totally expect the full Ritz Carlton experience at this hotel. Friendly staff who will accommodate any request, fabulous food, impeccable service. The property inside and out is beautiful.

No doubt if I return to Fort Lauderdale, I will return to the Rtiz

1  Thank TCarama
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What can I say about a place that is almost perfect. From the time we arrived for our two night stay, we were made to feel very special. The valet parking attendants could not have been any nicer. Our room on the 10th floor was truly luxurious (the bathroom was one of the nicest we have ever had) and came with a beautiful view from the balcony of the pool and ocean. There were plenty of places to eat and shop within walking distance. Definitely way above average..

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We've stayed at many Ritz Carlton Hotels around the globe, but I have to say Ft. Lauderdale was one of the nicest. The rooms are spacious and clean. We had ocean view, and the floor to ceiling windows were amazing to look out over the vast blue expanse of water. The pool is great, and we loved the access to the beach from the pool level. However, the best part of the trip was the Club room. This location only added the Club Floor two year ago. It's a beautiful space, with outdoor patios that look at both the inter-coastal as well as the ocean. The staff was friendly and extremely accommodating. Best of all, they are serving French Champagne (Nicolas Feuillatte) vs. Mumm Napa which is what is served at most of the other properties. We'll definitely be back, and look forward to drinking more of those amazing bubbles.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends