Stayed here on Marriott points for a quick weekend get away with the Mrs. I liked the clean rooms that are well appointed (in the Ritz-Carlton way), the friendliness of the staff and location is fairly good. What I really like about this hotel versus most south Florida hotels is the size. The property isn't that big and it is also a residence property so it doesn't feel as busy. It also has a smaller footprint so getting to facilities like the gym or pool or steps away versus a schlep away. I also felt like their prices of things are quite reasonable considering it's a Ritz-Carlton on the beach. Poolside menu had enough selection and they didn't charge extra for the lounge beds unlike other similar properties.
- get to the pool early to get one of the circular lounge beds
- also, be sure to get a pool lounge chair on the far side (towards the beach) and as far south as you can (to the right, facing the beach) as the hotel will cast a shadow on the pool area in the early afternoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale