While this venue is not the most opulent in the Ritz stable, it certainly measures up in service excellence. Upon checking in, I was told they had a very nice king with a view of the inland waterway...I asked for an oceanview if available and stated I was willing to pay up to get it. I was attending an industry event and had a discounted room, and expected a better room might be hard to come by.
The registration gentleman looked -- and looked -- and lo an behold he found an ocean view at not additional charge! That is a remarkable effort and my hat is off to Jeffrey for his diligence. The room was a corner room at that with a great lanai. It was spotless and the furnishings were absent any flaws. It was quiet, housekeeping was unobtrusive and the shoe service did its work quite well.
Catering at our event was professional and the food was more than acceptable. Upon checking in I was asked what newspaper I preferred...the WSJ. The next morning there was a Financial Times at my door. I called Guest Services and said I had requested the Journal and she explained/apologized that they had run short...and...that they would run over to the CVS next door to get one for me. Five minutes later it was at my door!! Breakfast on the day of departure was quite good with attentive service and seating either on the patio or indoors.
While the facility itself is not palatial...the service befits royalty. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale infuses the Gold Coast with casual luxury as the city's first and only AAA Five Diamond hotel. The 24-story, dramatically tiered and glass walled structure has sweeping curves that are reminiscent of a luxury liner. Design elements recall the 1940's, with artwork that includes playful murals inspired by French artist Jean Cocteau and a 13-foot high mural of a seascape inspired by the 1880 painting, "King Neptune and His Horses." The property features 192 guest rooms and suites; a 2,200 square foot Club Lounge, 24,000 square feet of light-filled meeting space; a 29,000 square foot oceanfront sundeck with an infinity pool and private cabanas; destination Spa with an organic and active-botanical treatment menu and a water-view fitness center. Four dining and entertainment options include the new Via Luna Italian grill with seating indoors or al fresco on an oceanfront patio, the dramatic oceanfront Via Luna Bar, a private Wine Room with a 5,000 bottle wine cellar and a seventh floor Poolside Cafe with commanding ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Ritz Carlton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton
- St Regis Fort Lauderdale
- St Regis Ft Lauderdale