“This must be a secret”

The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #6 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I lived in South Florida for 13 years and didn't know about this place. Amazing location, incredible amenities, beautiful rooms and great staff.
Everyone goes out of their way to accomodate. Here you are in one of the busiest areas on the beach and you can pop out onto the beach from a private elevator or hang out insulated from the hustle and bustle by the magnificent pool eating, drinking, lounging, or swinmming.

Really....it's a bargain.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great hotel, great food, great location, great service, and great spa... Seriously.

My spa day here on Sunday was excellent. My facialist, Sonia, was excellent. Gentlest, yet most effective extractions in a long while. She took extra classes in Spain to perfect her technique. My massage therapist, Kisha, also was amazing. She even gave me some biofreeze to take home and some instructions to follow to help my neck and back feel better. She totally sold me on getting my future massages from women. Honestly, I've only ever experienced good spa days at Ritz resorts, and this day was no exception.

Why 4 stars instead of 5? No sauna or steam room! Very disappointing! The Ritz bought this property from St. Regis and has yet to add the sauna and steam, despite saying they will. It don't feel a spa is totally legit without these features, no matter how great the treatments. The spa staff are wonderful, however, and I DID enjoy the shower with multiple jets spraying from FOUR directions... very nice!!!

If you don't mind the lack of sauna and steam, you'll love it here! Check it out :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I’ve never written a review for any company or organization, but I am making an exception for the Ritz Carlton in Fort Lauderdale.

I’ve been condo shopping the Jupiter, Naples & Fort Lauderdale areas over the past year. The Ritz Carlton was home base during my first stay in Lauderdale November 27 - December 2, 2011. It was an enjoyable experience! Since I’ve narrowed my search down to the Fort Lauderdale area, I chose to stay at the Ritz Carlton again September 16 - 20, 2012.

This is one terrific facility in the midst of all the action, located on A1A directly across from the beach. I arrived around 4:30pm from the airport. From the moment I drove in, all the valets and bellhops are cheerfully at your service. Check in is a breeze, thanks to Sara, front desk supervisor along with Jeffrey & Anthony, front desk agents. My room for the first trip faced the intracoastal waterway. This trip, I had a 10th floor view overlooking the pool and ocean. Both rooms were spotless, well appointed and comfortable. As usual, I did not encounter any unwelcome critters or wild hairs and everything was in working order. The large King bed was clean and comfortable lending itself to a great nights sleep. There’s a large flat screen in the bedroom and a smaller flat screen in the bathroom mounted between the marble double sinks. An iron, in room safe and honor bar are at your disposal. The bathroom is all marble with a huge tub, a large walk in shower with excellent water pressure and a separate room for the commode. Housekeeping tidied and cleaned the room daily, leaving fresh bath/hand towels and toiletries. I had breakfast one morning at their signature restaurant. I ordered a pepper, mushroom and onion omelet with a couple of slices of dry whole wheat toast. It was fresh and tasty. Food and overnight parking are pricey. Expect to pay a little more at Fort Lauderdale’s only 5 diamond resort, but you’ll find that this property is worth it! The hotel is quiet and relaxing but as I mentioned you’re only steps away from the nightlife.

In summary, the management and staff take hospitality seriously and it shows. All team members went out of their way to make me feel like a welcome guest. It was impossible not to be warmly greeted by name whether I was exiting or returning to the hotel. I’d like to recognize a couple of other staffers who are assets to the company: Jon, one of the hotel concierges and Noelle, Sales Manager for the residences at the Ritz. I apologize if I failed to mention each and every member of the staff that I met. I simply can’t recall everyone’s name but I just want to say thanks to all for making my stay an extremely pleasant one!

This is what a 5 diamond resort should be. So, if what I’ve described sounds appealing, make my Ritz, your Ritz - you won’t be disappointed!

stk
New Jersey

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank stk338
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here several years now around the holidays for my company party that is held at the hotel. Service is impeccable. Highly recommended. In addition if you get a room with an ocean view it's beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Every now and then my friends and I will go to the Ritz to have a few drinks. When we arrive Jerry and Rob are fantastic! Rob always makes us laugh and feel right at home, offering us waters and their delicious signature chocolate! While Jerry makes sure our cars are parked safely. We've had the pleasure to meet many of the staff members and they always make us feel welcome. The head bartender is a joy to talk to and makes delicious drinks.The burger sliders are yummy and perfect size to share with friends. And when it's time to go home, the sweet security guard Mike always makes sure we get to our car safely. We love the ambiance, the Ritz Carlton family and the whole Ritz Carlton experience!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is our 2nd stay at this Ritz. We are extremely happy and very comfortable. Double sinks in Bathrm. They are at your beck and call offering sun lotion, eyeglass cleaning, cups of ice water etc while sitting at pool. We have corner room with views of intercoastal and ocean. Special offer with american express card inclues $60 breakfast and $100/day to spend here. Food and service is superior. This is our favorite Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank audreylebowitz
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Got a nice oceanview room on the 14th floor close to the elevator. Room was presentable and upscale. Package included buffet breakfast, valet and internet. The spa was running specials on massages - but the spa facility does not have steam, sauna or whirlpool which was disappointing.

Very nice Pool area on the 7th floor overlooks the ocean (but from across from the street). Pool attendants were top notch and friendly. Every hour they provided a free snack and offered ice cold water.

Facility is very nice, and service is what one would expect from a Ritz. We'd go again without reservation. Hotel is close to all the action.

Room Tip: Top floors, ocean view away from elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple