The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
$178
$167
$141
$128
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
$140
$129
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$186
$169
$179
Westin.com
1,732 results
All reviewsclub levelocean frontpool deckpool staffacross the streetfour seasonsoceanfront roomsouth beachbeautiful hotelluxury hotellarge balconypublic beachthe atlantic oceanlong weekendcorner roomspring breakfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I loved having my work place holiday dinner here! It was amazing, from the service to the food. The Ritz never disappoints.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank melanie c
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This place exemplifies great customer service. We were here for 3 nights with a 6 year old and as soon as I saw all the glass in the lobby, I was afraid they would not be prepared for what he could manage. I was so wrong. From the greeting at the door, they made him their first priority- brought a wagon of goodies for him to choose from to play with while we did the registration, chatted with him like he mattered. It was amazing how he warmed up to them. They gave him their card about customer service and let him play like he was a 'gentleman serving other ladies and gentleman'. We got into our room right away even though it was early afternoon. We asked for a quiet location and found a corner room on the 11th floor to fit the bill completely. I would also mention that we got the hotel room with breakfast as part of a Visa card points program, so although it was usually an expensive hotel, we didn't pay the posted price.

The pool was somewhat warm in spite of January FL temps so we went in. There were a couple of other kids. The pool attendant made sure we had towels and suggested activities for our stay, showed us the way to the beach, helped us to find the hot tub controls, and generally tried to be helpful. The pool and pool bar closed by 6, so don't plan on late night pool use.

We ate at the restaurant for several meals- outstanding food and service- and I might add that we are foodies and my husband really enjoyed everything! They always found something our child would eat, even if it wasn't presented on the menu as such. Plenty of refills on coffee. If you stay here and don't eat dinner here at least once, you're missing out. There were no crowds, it was a beautiful view of the beach, and there was a guitarist playing one evening. Such ambience.

The room was huge. We had a king bed and had a cot pulled in. This was really nice because we still had use of the sofa (it was not a sofa bed), and the cot was a good mattress, so when our son crawled in bed with us, one of us could escape to the cot. If you're a parent, you know what I mean. Nice view from the balcony- but it was climbable if that's a safety concern for your kids. There was turndown service if you wanted it, which we didn't use because our son went to bed early...but the maid still left us chocolates!

Shower with multiple heads, and a separate tub were great and we loved having tv in the bathroom so my son could watch curious george at bath time. I'll warn you that there's a scale in the bathroom if you want to check your weight.

We checked out very early but found we could have ordered coffee and breakfast to go for our trip to the airport. Be sure to ask if you're on an early flight.

We didn't need a car in this area. Taxis are plentiful. Walking is easy. There are even bikes you can pick up at any time from vending areas using a credit card in the tourist spots, like the museums. If you won't have one, you can avoid the valet fees, which we thought were quite high.

One night we called the concierge to ask about restaurants in the area that delivered and he personally brought us menus with a few suggestions. Loved his top suggestion of a local asian restaurant.

This was a great place to stay. The only thing I missed was having a coffee pot, but there is room service and a coffee shop downstairs. Would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: south side of hotel faces a busy restaurant/bar area so if noise is a concern- choose the north side.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank alibarbaraMilwaukee
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was my first visit to Fort Lauderdale and in large part to this hotel, I look forward to going back. The location is great, right across the street from the beach and between that and the intercoastal waterway. Our room was on the north side, so we go to enjoy views of both.

The hotel is beautifully kept in every respect. The food is of the highest quality and just about every staff member you meet is genuine and ready to please. Just about.

The pool staff is less so – a bit harsh and uninterested in provided the level of service the rest of the hotel staff so easily demonstrates. There is also smoking allowed in the pool bar, which is adjacent to the pool area. It is a regular experience to be sitting in the sun by the pool and having to be subject to cigarette and cigar smoke due to the prevailing winds. It was something you would never experience at The Four Seasons.

The soap in the bathroom is comically small. And they seem very concerned about replenishing it. I guess soap became a target of theirs when trying to cut corners.

But these faults were easily forgotten while eating a fabulous meal at the downstairs bar in the evening.

Room Tip: Facing the ocean is great. However we enjoyed facing north, as we could enjoy views of the ocean and the intercoastal waterway.
2  Thank penguinschu
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed at the RCFL for two nights prior to a cruise - we were really looking forward to some luxury to ease us into our vacation, and the hotel didn't disappoint. Arriving on a red eye, we were concerned about being able to check in early- and we didn't need to be. We arrived at the hotel at about 8:45 (a.m.), and they were able to get us into our room right away- what a relief! We were so grateful.

We were shown to our partial ocean-view room- it was just as pictured, in fact even better, with a 180 degree view of the ocean to the east and the waterway to the west. Our bell captain did a great job showing us our room and getting us settled- definitely off to a great start!

We enjoyed breakfast each day at Via Luna- good food and fantastic, attentive service. We also dined at the Via Luna Bar both evenings - Gerard, the bartender was great, as were the food and beverage.

Our disappointment was primarily with our experience by the pool - the staff weren't very friendly, not attentive, and generally didn't live up to my expectations for a 5 star (and 5 $ price) hotel. Exacerbating the poor service were the smokers - cigars and cigarettes, around the pool, at the bar, and even in the food areas. This in spite of the fact that the menus expressly stated that smoking wasn't allowed in these areas. Again, very disappointing in the context of the experience we were expecting, and were paying for.

That said, outside of our experience with the pool staff and area, the resort, and its team, are lovely - the hotel has a perfect location, on the beach, and mostly warm friendly staff, and beautiful rooms.

Be sure to get up early and walk along the beach, at sunrise if you can swing it- it really is spectacular, seeing the sun come up over the Atlantic, with the beach and palm trees in the foreground- perfect way to start the day!

Room Tip: Partial ocean view rooms have the most interesting views- beach, boats, city of Ft. Lauderdale.
1  Thank SeattleS_dub
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My wife and i stayed at this hotel in early January for 6 days and for us, what really made this hotel great were the outstanding, friendly and helpful staff.

After arriving from a stressfull hour in a taxi from Miami (the driver had only been to Fort Lauderdale once before - and therefore got lost), we walked into the cool calm serenity of the Ritz Carlton hotel and the wonderful front desk staff. This immediately put us at ease as did the wonderful concierge, who booked us some theatre tickets right through to the lovely ladies in the coffee shop

Here`s another reason to mention their staff....I wanted to play my European DVD`s in the in room player - but wrong format. I always carry my own dvd player, but couldn't get to the connections. One of the staff went to their AV office and got me lead converters, so i could hook it up - great service!
Our room was exceptionally comfortable with a great bed, chaise longe settee and writing desk. We had booked an ocean view balcony suite and the view was heaven, however and here is the first negative, i wish the maid would have swept the balcony occasionally. There was an old cigar butt on the floor in the corner when we first arrived and it stayed there for three days until my wife had had enough and we disposed of it!

My second and third negatives surround the bathroom. Firstly, let me say that the bathrooms are exquisite with cream and brown tiling throughout and wonderfull moody lighting - but here`s the thing...... The shower is over the bath (and by the way nowhere near powerful enough), and you need to be a mountain climber to be able to get into the bath given its height and the extended side splash panel - my wife and i are only in our 50`s and we thought it tricky at times. In addition, this is a 5 star (5 diamond hotel), but they had put a rusted soap accessories tray across the bath !!

They have a very nice swimming pool / bar area, with a collection of different styles of sunbed from Cabana`s to settees, to loungers, however, the outside areas to the right of the swimming pool really are in need of some re-decoration and look quite tacky.

Finally to the bars and restaurants. Once again all of the staff were excellent and we were really impressed with their restaurant "Via Luna", eating both a dinner and lunch there. Great pasta and meatball and some very pleasant wines by the glass too. And my wife and i also like the fact that their breakfasts weren't buffet, but proper silver service meals (oh and by the way - outstanding "eggs benedict")

All in all we really enjoyed our stay here and would heartily reccomend for one main reason - the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms only have the sun in the morning
1  Thank EssexBarnes