The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale
$434
$351
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$179
Westin.com
$169
$149
$215
Hotwire.com
1,731 results
All reviewsclub levelocean frontpool deckpool staffacross the streetfour seasonsoceanfront roomsouth beachbeautiful hotelluxury hotellarge balconypublic beachthe atlantic oceanlong weekendcorner roomspring breakfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Beautiful hotel, perfect location, great view, nice spa (though very expensive), good service, great food, but unfortunately I left with numerous bed bug bites. Just praying none made the trip home with me. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank buzzAtlanta2
Reviewed April 27, 2011

During the busy Easter break we spent a lovely week at the Ritz-Carlton Fort Lauderdale. The service, food and decor were excellent, the best of Ritz-Carlton. We did not care for the trashy Fort Lauderdale strip, but the oasis created by the staff at the hotel more than made up for the location. The view from our terrace overlooking the beach and ocean was spectacular.The Hooters bar (and numerous other bars ) next door could not be heard from our room or the cleverly designed pool deck. The hotel has a beautiful design , similar to an art deco ship with the pool on the 7th floor overlooking the ocean. The overall design of the "ship" is best seen from out in the blue water of the ocean looking back.
Luckily the food (and service) at both the pool and the restaurant were excellent as there really is not anywhere walking distance that is worth going. Fort Lauderdale beach is like a tacky South Beach. If you need to be in Fort Lauderdale Beach this is the place to be.

Room Tip: The ocean facing room was great!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This property is more like a luxury boutique hotel than a huge resort. The service was excellent, great attitudes and very professional. Any issues were dealt with immediately and you actually get the impression that management cares about your comfort. Given the restraints due to the location ( public beach, general crowded area), it seems like the staff goes out of its way to be sure your stay is enjoyable and stress free. The folks at the spa and the pool area were exceptional! I would certainly return!

Room Tip: The rooms are great, front desk wonderful
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2011

This hotel was plush from beginning to end. We had a lovely room overlooking the beach. The restaurant was gourmet. We didn't leave the hotel. We did find a Starbucks close by. The street the hotel is on is filled with stores and eateries. there is also a CVS store nearby, if you forget your sunscreen.
I was very impressed with the ladies in the SPA. I was looking for a specific lotion & they found it for me. the service here is unbelievable. The beds were so great too. The sheets alone are worth mention here. LOVELY!!!!! Will go again. we only stayed one night,before going on a cruise. this hotel is very close to cruise ships,maybe 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view room!!!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My background:
I have stayed at many flagship Ritz Carltons dozens if not hundreds of times for extended periods from the Laguna Beach location, to the Naples location, to Palm Beach etc. Not to mention higher eschelon resorts ie Sandy Lane, Barbados/ Auberge resorts/Peninsula Beverly Hills & Chicago/ One & Only Resorts, etc. Basically, if I am not going first class everything I am NOT going. I wont even stay at a Mandarin Oriental hotel bc I think they are dumps. I am oppinionated, experienced in luxury travel, and objective.

Location, Ft L
Let me preface this hotel review by explaining its location:I had never stayed in Ft Lauderdale, quite frankly bc the town is what I imagine Daytona Beach or some type of "spring breaker" destination to resemble. I was right. It's the type of place where I I see lots of beer bonging, Hulk-Hogan look alikes, lots of encapsulated b.implants and ankle tattoos. Point is, I would rather stay in Palm Beach for the dining/shopping, etc. This town is a party town and little too frat-party-esque for my taste. I dont even like South Beach, (and South Beach is Palm Beach compared to FtL.)

We were on an extended holiday going to the West Indies, and our flight out of Naples FL had to emergency land in FTL (it wasnt a real emergency just a technical precaution). So it was 9am, and we were stuck in Ft L until the following day @ noon. Instead of sulking we decided to check in this new ritz

The HOTEL
My Room: condo-style, club level suite
OMG. This place was magnificent. Upon entrance, the lobby was lovely and contemporary, but finely done. It was not over the top, however. We stayed in one of their condo-style ocean front suites. This hotel room was literally a 2500sqft room that had a full beautiful kitchen, giant living room, giant decks I could sun on, giant bathrooms, amazing beds. Bc this has a residence wing on another part of the building, I think they really achieved an anti-hotel room feel. I did not see one other guest in the hallways or ever hear any noise. It was superbowl sunday, so my husband and a local friend of his watched the game in our living room and ordered steak and some of the best quality room service I've ever seen. I and a local girlfriend went downstairs to eat dinner at the restaurant which was incredible. Service as incredible.

Club
The club, as most know, is the all inclusive a la carte style finger foods and cocktails. It was a gorgeous club. The service people were not great in the club, sadly. First of all, we were the only guests in the club and we used it 3 different times. the employees came in in the morning and hit the food stations for their own carry out breakfasts. This action was a total turn off. In the mean time, the server was not on hand for drinks or any of the routine things they provide you while you are there. She actually would stand over us while we made our food selctions- making us very uncomfortable, it felt like she didnt want us to take anything. It wasnt until I saw the employees helping themsleves later that I realized..ahhh. they want this food. I assume the club doesnt get used all that often so there are likely times where they set out food, and it goes untouched, and then they get to take it home. I am not kidding. It was just odd.

Pool
The pool and food are amazing at this hotel. THe pool is lined with front-gate lounge chairs instead of those dreadful plastic ones. The pool was EMPTY and gorgeous with service staff waiting for someone to take an order from. The pool overlooks the beautiful beach.

Overall I would return bc the hotel is gorgeous and empty and the rooms are insanely amazing. I would probably not stay more than a long weekend, bc the location leaves a lot to be desired but the hotel itself is so cool it's worth checking out. But def not a destination unless you find yourself already int he area in need of a great place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for condo -style rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple