All reviews across the street free washer and dryer front desk full kitchen small gym german restaurant washers and dryers free shuttle cruise port winn dixie home away from home airport shuttle holiday inn shuttle service an extended stay dunkin donuts non smoking
Reviewed February 17, 2019

I stayed here for an overnight prior to a cruise out of Miami and it worked very well. It's very close to the airport and was a less expensive option than going to Miami. The young lady at the front desk, Michell'la, was awesome! So was the blonde whose name escapes me. They made sure we settled in and were taken care of.

The room was nice and of decent size. The bed was actually quite comfortable. There were a good number of electrical outlets and it worked well for CPAP machines. A/C worked well, none of the mustiness that you sometimes get in Florida hotels. We didn't use the pool or business center.

Although I understand this is an all-suite hotel, I was a bit disappointed that there is no breakfast of any kind. They do have some snacks and drinks for purchase. Kinda reminds me of the airlines!

The staff were the true highlight. I can say I would certainly stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
CaringManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2019

Every member of our team (although we are not always perfect) truly loves their jobs and really enjoys serving our guests in hopes of creating a memorable experience. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. They do...because they care. Warm regards.

Reviewed February 12, 2019

Stayed here for 3 nights prior to cruise. For one night stay it is OK but for longer than that it is not a great choice since it is primarily a property rental rather than a suite hotel. Hotel services are lacking such as:
-No housekeeping service on a daily basis-room serviced once a week
-Toilets in rooms not cleaned daily
-If you want clean towels you have to go to reception and ask for these
-You need to empty any garbage from room into bins at end of corridor
-Coffee available in morning but little else
-Duvet kept slipping out of cover
-Noisy airconditioning
-Carpet not the cleanest
-Dated room and bathroom.

With a rate up to £200 per day this is not what you expect for the money. Better offerings elsewhere

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CaringManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

We are sorry to read your review. We are an extended stay hotel and we do not offer daily housekeeping services. We remind our guests checking in, that we offer housekeeping on a bases of how many days they are staying with us.We also informed you that you can call the front desk and request clean towels. We wish the best,

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

I booked a room for one night here a week in advance,and I paid in full.Later I discovered my card was charged three additional times.Once was the same night, the other charge I was on the cruise a couple days later,and the third charge was 3 weeks later when I'm back home nowhere near Florida.There is no excuse...this is fraud, and I have requested a fraud investigation into their practice with customers credit cards. Please don't stay here if you do, or you have stayed here check your credit card statements,and if it's not a inconvenience just cancel your card,and get a new one.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
CaringManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

I am sorry to hear about your experience with your credit card. You were only charged once, the others were authorizations and it depends of your bank, when they released the authorizations. We wish you the best.

Reviewed February 4, 2019

The Candlewood Suites Hotel is a good choice for someone who wants to be close to the airport, though not the best location if access to the beach or downtown Fort Lauderdale is your desire. It is also located near a medium size mall and has lots of restaurant options nearby. The hotel staff at the front desk were friendly and efficient. Check in was a breeze. The hotel furnishings are somewhat dated but functional. The bed was quite comfortable. The room offered Dish TV with lots of options. The only negative, and this is a personal thing, is the use of CFL lights in the bedroom. I much prefer softer, yellow shades of light to the harsh blue-white glare of flourescents. Other than that, no hesitation in recommending the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CaringManagement, Manager at Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.

Reviewed February 2, 2019

The receptionist at check in was exceptional - helpful, knowledgeable and committed to customer comfort. The positive aspects of the stay end there. The room, while comfortable was grungy - I do not think there has been much revision since the property was built. The carpet was a bit sticky... everything spelt cheap. No breakfast - for a hotel catering to airport bound customers, that is one thing that is needed. I do not know how you got through the 'breakfast' filter in my search. I have stayed in 4 Candlewood Stes in the US and this was the worst.

Date of stay: January 2019

Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback. We apologize our property and services did not meet your expectations during your stay. Please know that we take all of your comments and inconveniences seriously and we have been working hard to improve these mishaps with our staff to ensure that this doesn’t occur again. We wish you the best!