We arrived at the Candlewood Suites to catch a cruise the next morning. On arrival, the desk clerk took our credit card info even though our room was already paid for. I didn't think much of that since there could be incedintals, but he told us our credit card would be charged $20 and then in 3-5 days that would come off. We were placed in a handicapped room even though we had not requested one. We were so tired from our day of traveling, we just kept it as it would have been a huge hassle to try and change it. We had to cross a busy 4 lane highway to get something to eat, but went to a sports bar called Slackers and the food was good. The sink in the bathroom had no counter top and no lid on the stool. The light over the sink was burned out. It was difficult for me to get ready as there was no place to lay by makeup bag and at one point my hair brush fell in the toilet. There was no breakfast and it was pouring down rain. We were never told we could go next door for breakfast for $5, but would have gotten soaked even getting there. We bought a danish in the area by the front desk. Check out was a mess and the shuttle that had been arranged for us was poorly organized. The lobby area was very cramped. I would never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel The Candlewood Suites of Fort Lauderdale, Florida brings you the comforts of home with a convenient location. We're two miles from both Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport and the Amtrak Tri Rail Station. While lodging in Ft. Lauderdale you'll find many exciting attractions nearby. Spend a day exploring Fort Lauderdale's waterways on a water bus or JungleQueen boat tour. You'll find popular districts like Las Olas and Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District just three miles from our extended stay hotel. Ft. Lauderdale is also home to many of Florida's sports teams.With Port Everglades Cruise Port and Broward County Convention Center two miles from our suites, Ft. Lauderdales business travelers can benefit from our location. Other nearby businesses include Marathon Ashland Oil Maritime Professional Training Bombardier Embraer Air and Jetscape. Our Fort Lauderdale, FL hotel has a 24-hour business center to meet your business needs. Unlike cheap hotels in Fort Lauderdale, our Cruise Port hotel offers complimentary amenities like laundry services, a CD and movie rental from our lending library and high-speed Internet access. Purchase snacks and necessities from the Candlewood Cupboard store relax in your suites triple-sheeted bed and cook out on the Gazebo Grill. Candlewood Suites invites you to enjoy a memorable stay in our pet friendly Ft. Lauderdale hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Candlewood Suites Fort Lauderdale
- Candlewood Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Candlewood Suites