“"Laissez les bon temps rouler"”
Review of Shuck N Dive

Shuck N Dive
Ranked #62 of 1,349 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Victoria Park
Reviewed July 27, 2014

"Let the good times roll"

Living in New Orleans for 2 years while in Graduate School, one can easily develop a high standard for authentic Cajun/Creole Food. And you know what I'm saying regarding the typical Cajun/Creole food offerings at your average local restaurant. It usually consists of grilling a piece fish seasoned with way too much cayenne pepper. Not here. This is very real Louisiana eats, that means rich and flavorful food not spicy food.

Had the Gumbo / Red Beans / Jambalaya combo for lunch on my first trip in June '14. Returned in July and had a great Shrimp Po boy. However, my wife had the Fried Catfish and, eh - not so good. Not bad, but was not on the same level as the true Nola standards they offer. Can't wait to try the étouffée on another visit. And they have a nice selection of Abita Beers.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I sat at the bar for lunch one day. Ordered iced tea while I looked over the menu. Once I decided what I wanted I read some emails on my phone. Still no one came by to take my order. At some point I looked around and noticed some signs about them frowning on cell phone use. Eventually I gave someone my order and was pleased with the taste. If I ever go back and experience this again, I will tell the owner my feelings in front of his other patrons and never return.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Tasty oysters, authentic crawfish étouffée and more LSU memorabilia than you can shake a stick at. On Federal Highway, in a "strip" mall, but good food and great service. Imagine football season rocks.

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Their red beans and rice, jambalaya and gumbo was just like being back in Nola! No beignets, but their banana pudding was the bomb!

1  Thank LindaKoontz
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent service. Wonderful food with huge portions. I must say that while I enjoyed the red beans and rice and the mixed cajun grill, the highlight of the entire meal was their delectable Banana Pudding. It is so creamy, rich, and full of sweet decadence that I literally found myself licking the dish when no one was watching so I could get every last luscious drop!