“Authentic!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Victoria Park
“Authentic!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Food was awesome!! Service was excellent!! Very generous portions and flavorful!! Like New Orleans!! A must eat at restaurant!!!

• Visited July 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Surpising Find in Front of Me All This Time!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had seen this place a million times and never stopped. It is tucked away in the corner of a plaza next to Winn Dixie, so it isn't anything scenic but there is a good sized patio. Inside is a small restaurant with a wrap around bar in the center and all the walls are Mardi Gras/NOLA/Louisiana themed.

It took a while for them to notice us at the bar even though they weren't that busy (Wednesday night), and the bartender as a little slow on refills and forgot to punch one refill order in. It wasn't a huge deal, he did great otherwise and even gave us a round for free without us even complaining or anything so that was cool. THEY HAVE ABITA!! Woo hooo!

We tried the special alligator gumbo soup but it was really salty and not too much gator. It was still good - but after the crawfish mac and cheese came out we forgot all about the soup. That mac and cheese was INSANELY good!

We also ordered 1.5 pounds of crawfish for $10 bucks and I thought they were great! really well seasoned, and we split the sausage, ham, blackened chicken and rice platter. The chicken was the best part but the entire dish was really good! After that, we were pretty full and took the last bit home which is what reminded me to write this.

They have specials every night..Wednesday is $1 oysters and PS- you can get the baked ones too with all the fixings at this price not just the ones from the raw bar.

It's not New Orleans, but I would absolutely go back. It is a nice change from the usual Lauderdale food scene and i thought prices were reasonable. I wish I had tried it sooner!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank amberenergy84
Montreal, Canada
“Not NOLA, but not bad”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went with a Cajun gentleman from New Orleans. He said the crawfish were half from the Gulf area, and half from China. I have no reason to doubt his expertise. We also had several oysters, both raw and baked concoctions, which were tasty. Nothing out of bounds, just good. Service was just o.k. I got to sample Purple Haze beer, which was yummy. I wouldn't say you must go, but it's a solid choice if you're in the area.

• Visited April 2013
“A taste of the Big Easy in Florida...”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Found this place recommended by others on TripAdvisor and decided to investigate. My boyfriend is Louisiana-born and bred, seemed like a nice place to check out on a sunny afternoon.

Others have commented on the ominous "no cell phones" policy. (I counted three signs, but maybe there are more?) Not sure if the owner was trying to encourage more social interaction within the bar, or just hated cell phones in general. I decided not to test the policy.

Food was very good in general, though our enjoyment was semi-ruined by some obnoxious bar patron who was apparently a music producer/agent who sent back almost every bucket of crawfish presented to him. ( "Too spicy/not enough spice/too lemony"). Ugg! Please run off this jerk!

In general, we very much enjoyed our afternoon sipping some Abita (though I could've cried upon finding they had NO Andygator), enjoyed some very nice Cajun cuisine, and enjoyed checking out all the LSU/Saints/sports memorabilia they have scattered around. Very good eating and drinking to be had here, just hope you don't end up sitting across the bar from a pompous jerk intent on impressing his lady friend.

• Visited May 2013
Cardington, OH
“A MUST STOP!!!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food, friendliness, and quality of service are always impeccable. The waitstaff is a well oiled machine. We visit the area once or twice a year, and this is always our first stop.

• Visited April 2013