“Best cajun in Lauderdale”
Review of Shuck N Dive

Shuck N Dive
Ranked #60 of 1,346 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Victoria Park
Reviewed July 2, 2012

There have been many cajun restaurants in Lauderdale, but this place is the only one to last. The food is almost as good as being in NOLA, and the have abita on draft.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

From the location and the exterior, this looks like a cheesy chain trying to do quasi-cajun as an excuse to serve beer. Don't be fooled, however. The food is excellent. Surprisingly excellent. Fried green tomatoes are lite, crispy and served with a tangy, savory, creamy remoulade. Pickle chips are so so lite and crispy as well. Fairly mild and fairly addictive! Andouille sausage with onions and provolone was a proper cajun treat and sides of hushpuppies (some of the lightest and crispiest I've ever had) and collard's did not disappoint, but the best of all is flaky, yummy pecan pie. As good as any I've ever had.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have to say I never say NO to Shuck and Dive.
Food is really good. Waitstaff attentive. Beer flowing. Black and blue oysters are something I dream about. Go on Wednesday night when they are only 1.00 a piece.
We have had many things on the menu here and have never been disappointed.
It's a relaxed and casual atmosphere. Not too big. There may be a short wait.
Don't tell too many people about the place because I love that we can usually find a seat soon after we arrive.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great food from a kitchen that is not afraid to offend anyone's tastebuds with under seasoned items. Delicious gumbo, po boys, jambalaya and awesome sandwiches, including my all time favorite, the dirty bird (served with tator tots!). Great beer selection, authentic New Orleans cuisine.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I net a friend and his wife here while on a business trip. It is set back a bit off Federal, so it is pretty quiet and reasonably nice for a strip mall restaurant. There is pleasant enough outdoor seating area, which is where we ate (the inside is way too cold and sportbar-like). The food and service were fine, but not especially notable. Since my 2 beers and an entree (including tip) were less than $20, you can't complain about the price, especially with the over-priced other places in Lauderdale.

Would I go back? Yes, if I am in the neighborhood and looking for a cheap dinner. Would I drive a ways to come here? Not really.