“Love this place....”
Review of Catfish Deweys

Catfish Deweys
Reserve with OpenTable
Catfish Deweys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,357 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1/2 mile north of Oakland Pk. Blvd.
Transit: There is a bus stop 100 feet to the south of Catfish Deweys.
Description: Catfish Deweys, established in 1984, is a family owned and operated seafood restaurant offering all you can eat entrees as well as traditional portion meals.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great food, Great prices, Great service !!! The place is old but that's ok... the early dinner specials are GREAT... the FRIED food is amazing... crisp and clean !!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We very disappointed with the food & atmosphere. The crab legs had NO SEASONING & their Steak tasted Burned not alone the stinky smell . Need to be update.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The restaurant is absolutely charming! Great atmosphere. You really feel like your in a seafood restaurant in the South...BUT, we ordered the crab legs which were covered in black "stuff" and barnacles. The smelled a bit strange. Nonetheless, we ate them and I ended up running for the bathroom once we got back to the hotel!!!!! My daughter had the fried catfish which was quite good...but very greasy. The staff was great and friendly. All in all...a funny experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

After many years living abroad, I relocated back to Florida. I wanted to eat at Catfish Deweys which had been one of my favorite restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale. After waiting in line for a while, we were seated and I order my catfish whole as an all you can eat meal. The first food to arrive were the hushpuppies. They were oil soaked, bland, and with a slight bitter taste. Not like Dewey's original recipe. When the catfish arrived, it was not hot, very oily, and seriously overcooked. The service was good and the server was doing her best to manage the customers she had, but it seemed like they were so overworked that at times it was difficult to get her attention. I tried my best to eat the fish, and asked for a refill. Our server promptly brought out 3 hot oily and overcooked fish. Our total bill for 3 was around $100.00. I seriously doubt I will go back again. It just didn't live up to my memories of the place when Dewey had it.

1  Thank SirJamesManila
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Iconic Ft. Lauderdale restaurant best known for their catfish. First time visit, only because lately its hard to find a good seafood restaurant offering all you can eat crab legs that actually taste good. So I did some web searching and this place came up. Not in the best of areas, parking is terrible, unsafe, building is old and falling apart. Inside was even more disappointing. A/C wasn't working great, was very warm, you can see the ducts and dirty vents. I was determined to give this place a chance since it was banging with people and everyone seemed to be having a good time socializing with one another, and the food was coming out left and right, staff was busting their tails, hustling. We went on a special priced night for their all you can eat Alaskan crab legs(Thursdays & Sundays for $29) which is not a bad deal, you get a choice of salad, hush puppies, your entrée and one potato side dish. Our service was average a little slow at first when ordering drinks, but turned out decent. Again, everyone seemed to be moving all over. Crabs were tasty but you can tell they have them cooking in mostly salt water instead of seasoning. Some were over cooked and soft and frustrating to crack open. Overall they were decent. As just finishing my last batch of legs I happened to look down a few tables over in front of me and there was a cockroach crawling on the floor. My first instinct was to cause a scene, a lady and her family noticed it as well and slowly walked over and stepped on it and whispered in the waitress' ear letting her know what just happened. I guess that was the right thing to do if you didn't want to see some ones business shut down. But for me, that was the icing on the cake. Got up to wash my hands in the bathroom, which was another thing, they are outdated and no room to move around in. Got the check, and sorry to say I probably won't be coming back for a second visit, unless they move or totally remodel. I don't even want to imagine how the kitchen looked. Beware, good food but this place needs a change.