“their fried catfish is the real thing!!”
Review of Catfish Deweys

Catfish Deweys
Reserve with OpenTable
Catfish Deweys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,345 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1/2 mile north of Oakland Pk. Blvd.
Transit: There is a bus stop 100 feet to the south of Catfish Deweys.
Description: Catfish Deweys, established in 1984, is a family owned and operated seafood restaurant offering all you can eat entrees as well as traditional portion meals.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am a catfish lover and know my fried catfish. This was the best! I am from Arkansas and live in South Florida. I have been looking for a good catfish place for a couple of years. The restaurant was real unassuming for the outside, as a matter of fact I thought we had the wrong place when we pulled up. But once inside, it was very homey, laid back and crowded. My husband got the "all you could eat catfish" for 15.99. I got the catfish platter (four strips) for 14.99. Was plenty of fish, large and tender strips. The basket of hush puppies they put on the table was excellent too. The menu was varied, something for everyone. They also had an "all you could eat crab legs" as well, saw lots of people with that one. Was my birthday so they gave me a complimentary piece of Key Lime Pie. We'll be back for sure!

1  Thank Zonicle

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife treated me to a fantastic birthday treat at Catfish Deweys in Fort Lauderdale for my 72 birthday. We arrived just after 6pm and were seated very quickly. By 6.30pm the place was packed with a waiting line. The service was great and the snow crab legs came out steaming on the plate and of course I had a second plateful - really delicious. Fresh baked potato and vegetables were included. No room for dessert.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is not a 5 star restaurant.... but for me, it's better than any other fancy seafood restaurant, I've ever tried!
Great food, and very nice staff!.... highly recommended!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Had the opportunity to eat here before the BCS championship on Sunday night. This must be the original mom and pop restaurant! I had the grilled shrimp in remoulade sauce and it was really good. On Sunday nights they have all-you-can eat crab legs and my wife really enjoyed them. The other couple with us enjoyed the fried shrimp. For dessert I had the key lime pie! Believe me it was worth the 13 hour drive to enjoy!!!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I asked my wife to marry me here so it had many great memories and mostly great food. For our fifth anniversary we decide this was the place to go. When we walked in the door we were greeted by an awful smell that I couldn't get away from. We had an OK meal and whe I went to use the bathroom I couldn't believe the condition. It is the worst+nastiest bathroom I have ever been in. I told my wife do not go here I will stop at Burger King or Mickey D's. This place has been here forever and there is no excuse not to clean this place and gut the bathrooms and redo them!
I doubt I will ever go back which is a shame as I dont eat meat and this place could be great but owners have not put 5 cents into this place in many, many, many years!!!!!!!!!!It stinks!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank fmurfhal
Dewey C, Manager at Catfish Deweys, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

I am so sorry for the experience you had, I do hope you give us another try.