“Red Meat Overdose! Yummy!”
Review of Chima Steakhouse

Chima Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chima Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,414 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on the trendy Las Olas Boulevard just minutes from the beach, Chima offers a serene dining experience with a touch of exclusivity. The Fort Lauderdale location provides a chic dining experience from the minute you step foot into the captivating courtyard. The outside bar and courtyard provide an escape from the traditional happy-hour scene with our exceptional drink specials.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Go hungry or don't go at all. That is the best advice I can give you; and skip the food bar. It is wonderful; but it only got in the way of the rotation of the "red meat" service.

It was our first time to Chima and will not be our last. Thanks to everyone in the bar for the wonderful service and conversation. Colleen looked your smile. We'll be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have visited Chima on my business trip to Ft. Lauderdale.
I am not a big meat lover, but this kind of restaurant really amazed me.
The staff was very kind, speaking on portuguese among themselves and being very polite with guests. They have this special way of ordering certain meat plates by showing it with small paperboard on your table which was very amusing.
Meat was incredible good cooked, very tasty.
My suggestion is that you visit this restaurant with an empty stomach.

1  Thank LeanneG81
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Chima's is the best Brazilian Steakhouse I've ever been to. I've been here a total of 5 times and each visit the food and service gets better and better. My partner and I were here recently to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. We arrived at our reservation time and was immediately seated in a private corner by ourselves, which was lovely and romantic. The entire ambiance of the place is very romantic..from the candles on the tables to the wonderful outdoor space. The salad bar was excellent, with so many selections to choose from. I really enjoyed the black beans and rice. They were the best black beans I've ever tasted. The Rodizio?...Oh my, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I feel in love with the filet wrapped in bacon. It was so tender and juicy, I melted with every bite. I made sure I kept that server in site at all times. Moving on to the beef ribs.. I didn't even have to chew it, it melted in my mouth. Simply delish. Overall the food was beyond amazing... The service was just the same. I would like to give special recognition to Fernando, for never leaving my site with that delicious bacon wrapped filet. Jean Pierre who went the extra mile to ensure we had everything we needed before we asked. He's a great asset to the restaurant. There were times we had our "food coin" flipped on no and he still came over to check on us and ask about our meals and etc. He was just wonderful. Last but not least, I would like to take my hat off to our server Paula. Where do I start? Along with Jean Pierre she anticipated our needs and made our anniversary extra special. She not only serviced us, but she made a great first impression (she always smiled, she was friendly and very approachable), she had a passion for service and she personalized and made a difference with our overall experience. She turned a GREAT experience into an EXCELLENT experience. At the end of our meals she presented us with a lovely anniversary dessert. I never mentioned to her that it was our anniversary. I was in complete awe. I completely forgot when I made the reservation months prior that I included in the special notes that my partner and I would be celebrating our 4 year anniversary. Kudos to Paula for recognizing that. You rock!... I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is celebrating a special occasion, whether it's an anniversary or romantic night out.

1  Thank Mel G
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We arrived early for our reservation. We were seated at our reservation time at the specific table we requested. The service here is usually always good but was off this night. The salad bar is a meal in itself, and offers a variety of items. When we were ready for the meat service, the waiter brought the side dishes. He did forget to bring the bananas until we were almost finished, which was a major oversight. In addition, The mashed potatoes have gone down in quality significantly over the time we have eaten there. They have gotten very watery and do not taste like they used to. We are not sure if this is some cost cutting measure, but at roughly $47.00 per person, they should work on improving the flavor of the potatoes and get them back to an edible consistency. The meat was good, as always, and very flavorful! Also, we did advise the hostess that we were celebrating a special occasion, and she noted same in the reservation; however, the waiter never acknowledged the special occasion at all. We thought this was poor communication! Overall, the meat and salad bar were good, but the sides need improvement. The service was adequate, but with forgetting to bring one of the sides and not acknowledging our special event, they don't get an outstanding review. The waiters here are only responsible for bringing you the side dishes and drinks, so not following up on this was poor service. In addition, our water glasses remained empty for much longer than they should have. Having eaten here several times before, we are hoping this was simply an off night. We will return and hope for overall better food and service.

1  Thank flalove2travel
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We have been to many Brazilian steakhouses and we believe this is one of the best in their category. They have excellent food, very good service and the staff is very friendly and courteous . We went on Mother's Day this year and it was just as good as any other regular day. We highly recommend this restaurant .

1  Thank carymore