“Terrible experience”

Ranked #100 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Melbourne, Australia
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The place is too old, even if you look for an affordable place to stay, at least it should be clean. The room had cockroaches everywhere. The beds looked disgusting with dark sheets and covers. Furniture and accesories are old and in a bad condition. Location is great, close to the beach but I do not recommend this motel at all. Staff was helpful but it is not worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed in room 307. Most of these reviews are extremely exaggerated. There are no cockroaches. I am in college, was looking for a cheap stay for spring break. This motel is across from the beach, close to the shops an very affordable. The bed was comfy. Yes, the TV was old, so what? You're here for the beach, not the amenities in the hotel room. I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We showed up to find that our room was given away and they upgraded us to what they called the penthouse. We had booked two rooms as were there with friends. Walked in to find a room that was circa 1965 which would be fine if clean. The sheets were full of hair and pillow cases were non existent on some of the pillows. There was what appeared to be mould in the closet and dirt all over the floor. At first we thought the dirt was stains but found it came off easily. I still feel dirty thinking of the place. Tried to get a room somewhere else but there were six cruise ships in port so no luck. We can laugh about it now but I don't think that we slept a wink feeling like we were sleeping in filth.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ryanali
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here during a Spring Break week, so it was rowdy all throughout Fort Lauderdale but the owner was very sweet and moved us to a quieter room that was spacious and clean. All the rooms are different, but you can't beat the price or location. Its walking distance to shops, restaurants, next to a bus stop and very close to the beach.

If you're staying here during a spring break week, expect it to be loud anywhere you stay, and expect a shortage of availability.

Overall a perfectly fine experience considering how last minute we booked our trip.

Room Tip: If you're 100% dissapointed with your room, kindly ask the staff to see a different one. They wi...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I booked this motel on hotels.com. I arrived at 8:00 pm on 2-5-13. I took one look at the room and went to the Best Western a block away. This place was horrible. They would not give me a refund. It was a pit. The lock on the door was ancient. People were coming out of their rooms to look at me after I checked in. The room's furnishings were relics. I looked at the bed and knew I would not sleep on it. I had asked for a wake up while in the office and was told that the phone system was 30 years old and couldn't do it. The clerk did not have the authority to resolve the issue.
The folks at the Best Western said what happened to me has happened to others. People see what they booked and come over to them.
T

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Saranac Lake, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times and am a motel owner myself. The owner, Neime, is normally around to help with any questions which you may have. Adjacent motels are two or times the price. We stay here everytime that we are in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Located on a private road, adjacent to the ocean and only a short cab ride to the Cruise/Airport.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at the Sea Beach last night and met the owner, Raj... He helped us with everything from wi-fi to even giving us a free upgrade. It was a very clean property and is completely drug free. The Sea Beach is one of the last boutique hotels left on the beach. I was a bit skeptical from reading the other review but the person who wrote that must have some serious issues. The location is in the heart of the famous Fort Lauderdale Beach and the staff, including the owners son, will go above and beyond what is expected for a budget hotel on the beach. I would definitely stay there again and recommend my friends!!

• Stayed December 2012