“Nice Place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice Place”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort, using the VRBO rental site. We got a pretty good rate from the owner. The Hotel is very nice clean and the staff all seemed to be very pleasant. The only draw back we could find was the fact we didn't have a car and had to trek a ways just to get essentials like bread milk eggs. The nearest place was a CVS which was alright but again a walk. The only food we bought at the Hotel was a take out club sandwich which was $17.00, a little bit high for me. The beach was nice except you had to cross the A-1 to reach it and if you had to use the bathroom that was a pain. We never used the pool even though are studio was on the same floor as the pool. But it look nice and clean. We stayed at the Ocean Manner before and will next year. It is somewhat dirty and the staff is kinda rude but we like the location and its right on the beach. They have a Tiki bar/Restaurant as well and It's close to shopping other restaurants.

1 Thank pdtrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,180)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We booked a king size room with an ocean view - we arrived to a receptionist offering us an upgrade to a superior room, at a further cost. This always causes irritation as it implies that the room we have booked (approx £150 per night) is not good enough. We declined and our room is perfectly lovely. I lost my phone charger and asked on arrival if the hotel had any facilities the receptionist said no and offered no helpful alternative. The room was cleaned everyday to an excellent standard. My critisms are valet parking $30per night, wifi $15 per 24 hours - a four star hotel should offer as standard!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I'm a big believer in Trip Advisor and use it often but this one they got wrong in my opinion.

What you need to know-
$30/night for parking
$15/day for wifi
No utensils or flatware of any kind in kitchen
Food/wine prices very high
20% tip is already on room service(didn't tell me when i tipped him 20% on top of it)
Pool is crowded and it's difficult to get a chair that's not in tight quarters

requested early check in but couldn't get it which is fine but when I got there at 2pm they made me wait until 3pm(guaranteed check in time) only to give me the room right next to elevator. Not ideal but it's ok if they are full. I was in a junior suite so I asked to be switched to another one which they immediately did. Switched me to a higher floor and a corner room. 1 chair on the deck so I asked for another one that I never got.

In short this hotel looks very nice but lacks substance and value

2 Thank eaglesfaninfla
Williamson, West Virginia
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed 4 nights and our stay was perfect. The staff was excellent. Everyone was gracious and outgoing, made us feel special. I loved having coffee on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The pool area was also very nice. Best part was how nice everyone was, and how great the beach is right there. We like the location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janiceathome
Montauk, New York
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Very Impressed with the Hilton Lauderdale Beach Resort. Stayed for 4 nights. Loved it. All around the staff was exceptional. From the bell hops, to the pool staff, to the food service people. They couldn't do enough to make my stay the best. They held doors open and served courtesy refreshments to me poolside. Even as I was leaving the parking attendent brought a bottle of cold water to me in my car as I departed. The check out time was 11:00 am. I wanted to stay the day and enjoy the pool. The hotel tagged my luggage and laptop and then locked them up. They safe guarded my luggage while I relaxed. I Can't compliment the staff enough. The room was very well maintained and clean. The bed could have been a bit more comfortable as it sagged just a bit. The food at the hotel was excellent. Of course the hotel restaurant, located poolside, was very expensive. The outstanding breakfast buffet was 30.00. I often went down to the starbucks on the main level and purchased lunch. The hotel starbucks had many more food offerings than your standard local cafe. The area was very safe. I don't think this hotel is appropriate for the one night cruise visitors. There were many restaurants and shops in walking distance. Not sure what the previous complaints were about. The hotel drew a real diverse guest crowd. I was chuckling while pool side. There were real conservative religious folks and next to them were several "boys in the band" rubbing each other down with sun tan oil. Just too funny. There were families with children but not so many children that they were obnoxiuos. The pool side staff had many activities to occupy them. The only two bummers were the $30. daily parking fee and I left a shirt behind in my room and the staff never turned it into the lost and found. I do plan on coming back again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rossvin324
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My Partner and I stayed here for the second time last year, prior to our long flight back to the UK. We find that we completely chill when we get here. Great fitness room. Great little shop & bar too. The rooms are outstanding. Staff are extremelly helpfull and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Last year we were there for Thanksgiving and despite not being American, the hotel and staff were so welcoming and wanted to involve everyone in their celebrations. A special mention has to go to Richard Lewis, the Restaurant Manager. What a really nice guy. He made our first visit to the bar/restaurant area a real pleasure, so much so, we kept going back. Well done Richard, a credit to the hotel. Also Phillip the bar man, what a genuine young man. Helpful, freindly and attentive. He remembered every silly request that we made. All in all a great, smart and quality hotel. The only downfall being you have to valet park for $30, ouch!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bidgeyt
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Room was perfect - oceanview was beautiful. Nice Jr. Suite allowed us to cook in if we wished - or go out if we wished. Every staff person from the bartender at the bar to the housekeeping staff to the valet staff said hello whenever they saw us. What a great place to stay!!! Any service item we needed was at our room within minutes of our request. They have really mastered the art of hospitality here. A couple tips though - parking is metered with a 4-hour limit unless you valet for $30/day and internet is not free in the room - only in the Starbucks cafe downstairs.....

1 Thank Marthy2