5,873 results
All reviewsacross the streetilios restaurantfull kitchenwrap around balconyocean viewpool areajunior suitepool staffw hoteldiamond memberliving roomresort feevalet parkingper dayfort lauderdale beachan umbrellabeach chairs
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This is a comfortable and well-presented hotel resort in a nice location on the beach. But I can't offer the glowing reviews of others. For starters, they charge ... for everything. Such as thirty bucks a day to valet park with no self-parking option. The valet service was fine, but so it should be at that price. If you want to get around Ft Lauderdale beyond the local beach area, a car is useful, although there were always plenty of cabs at the hotel door. The wireless and wired broadband cost 15 dollars a day, and didn't perform that well. The hotel restaurant food and service was average overall, although we spent most of our time eating out of the hotel or having breakfast in our room. The night we decided to try the in room dining and order some pizzas, we were told they had run out of pizza dough. They were doing some repairs on the pool one afternoon and the guy was patching the pool tiles as we swam around him. Another day they were changing over the pool furniture as guests used the area. We upgraded our room and had a 'full kitchen' although you have to ask for the kitchen equipment to be provided and they don't exactly go overboard - just plates, bowls, a few glasses, some cutlery and a couple of pots and pans. We had to provide our own dishwashing cloths and liquids. The starbucks cafe at the front of the hotel is good for snacks and drinks during the day and we also got our breakfast supplies from there. The kiosks in the lobby that you can use for printing boarding passes didn't have our airline (Virgin America) on the system, so I was directed to the business centre where you had to pay (again) for internet access (and more to print etc.) Having swiped my credit card to get 20 minutes for ten bucks of internet time, neither of the terminals worked properly so I couldn't complete our online check-in. Overall, nice and comfortable, but be prepared to pay every time you move.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tassy3
Reviewed October 31, 2010

From the time we stepped out of the car to the time we drove away, everything was great. The employee interaction made this stay EXTRAORDINARY, I just wish I had written down all of their names. They were always smiling, helpful and quick to lend a hand.

We stayed in room 701, a one bedroom king suite. The whole suite was nicely decorated, had a full kitchen, living room had a pull out couch and nice flat screen tv. The bathroom was probably the best part of the suite with double vanity, a whirlpool bathtub and large shower with waterfall shower-head. Although being on the lowest floor, the views from the balconies were still great. One large balcony wrapped around the corner of the building, giving views of both downtown Fort Lauderdale and the ocean. Another small balcony off the bedroom, gave a view of the ocean.

You really could just stay in the hotel without leaving but if you do leave, it is a short walk down the road to restaurants and nightlife.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank YngTrvlr
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I thought there were a lot of "excellent" reviews for this hotel ........... and I now understand why !. The location, the service, the rooms, the food, the friendliness were all excellent and everybody cared about the service and smile they gave,
I would recommend this resort to everybody, It is fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil T
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My wife and I just returned from our vacation at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort and had the most pleasant experience we've ever had. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we found everything to be as close to perfect as one can get.

Many of us have looked at hotel websites and looked at the pictures of the rooms or suites. It's common knowledge that the hotel is going to post pictures of their best rooms and suites to lure you in, perhaps. We looked at them for this Hilton and said: "Well, sure that's very nice but I'll bet we don't get a room anywhere near as nice as that". BUT, that's exactly what we got. A huge ocean-front (not "ocean-view") suite with everything one could ask for. A full-size kitchen so we could eat in, by-pass room-service and save a fortune. The Publix market is a five minute drive away so we stocked up and ate in several nights. The suite was approximately 900 square feet and had TWO bathrooms - unprecedented in all our experience and a real convenience for husbands and wives (you know what I'm talking about here). The living room was large and the furniture was comfortable. We had a big screen LCD-HD TV in the living room AND another one in the bedroom - just the best accommodations we'd ever seen. The best part was the wrap-around balcony - covering the entire east and north sides of the suite apartment on the corner of the building. Extremely pleasant to sit and watch the world go by, watch the ocean, take some wonderful sunrise pictures and moon rise pictures too.

When we arrived we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff and that continued for our entire stay. Some other hotels are laying off staff and the staff left to do the work is overworked and it can show in their “attitude”. That is NOT the case at the Hilton. The staff can't do enough for you. They fall over you with offers to help with anything you need. In fact they always ask, do you need anything?? And they MEAN IT. They’re all friendly, helpful and seem genuinely interested in your comfort and enjoyment of your vacation. I spoke with several of the managers and staff there and mentioned that these people take the job of making you comfortable and happy VERY, VERY seriously. Like no other staff I've ever dealt with. We used to think the big Disney hotels had the friendliest staff - not so - the best is right here at the Hilton.

There are so few "cons" to mention and they are all utterly inCONsequential. For example, we called early to have our laundry done and returned to us by that evening. They never came to pick it up and I called them about it. They sent a manager to our door - not staff from housekeeping - a manager in a suit! They knocked 20% off the charge for the laundry and had it back the next morning and it was done right!

Room service is quite good and very timely. We wanted to eat at a certain time and I told them that when I ordered. And right at the appointed time, they were at the door with our dinner. Unheard of, right? Not at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale. We had the Ilios hamburgers from the hotel restaurant and they were excellent - cooked perfectly and presented with some real nice flair and style. The house pizza is good for an appetizer. Save money and go to the café and bring it your room. The café is fantastic, by the way. They have Starbucks coffee, great salads, snacks, cookies, pizza and the best Paninni sandwiches we’ve ever eaten anywhere and we come from New York.

If you're a smoker not to worry. Yes, you can't smoke in the room/suite but then there's the balcony and you can smoke there anytime you wish and watch the ocean. Very, very nice for evening cocktails, watching the moonrise, sipping a cocktail. And by the way, you can stock up on liquor easily too because right next to the Publix market is the greatest liquor store I ever saw - everything you'll need including fantastic snacks and exotic dips and dipping sauces. Don't pay the hotel prices for liquor - go buy your own, get your bucket of ice down the hall, pour and enjoy.

The hotel amenities are wonderful as well. My wife had a Swedish massage for 80 minutes which cost about $85 and she said it was the best massage she ever had. My wife also works out and was very happy with the equipment in the fitness room - they have everything an exercising guest could possibly want.

The pool area is simply fabulous. Many lounges are set up at the east end of the deck overlooking the ocean. You look up from your lounge and you see the ocean and palm trees. Need to dunk and cool off or swim? The pool is just a few steps away from your lounge wherever you're sitting. The staff will bring you whatever you want in unlimited quantities anytime you want and as expected, you simply sign for the charge to your room. The pool is large and ranges from 3 feet deep to 4 feet deep. Perfect for just hanging out. There are also TWO hot-tub spas at the north and south end of the pool deck. Very comfortable chaise lounges also. They're made of wicker, real wicker and have a nice thick pad covering the entire length and width of the lounge. The pool guys will set you up with a terry-cloth cover for the lounge pad and a huge towel for your use at the pool. Word of advice, get down to the pool early and get your best spot - it fills up by around 11 if the weather's good. And when you have your cover, your towel and your water bottle on that lounge, it's YOURS for the whole day within reason. I mean if you're gone for hours they can take it so don't be gone for hours or you'll lose your spot. And again for the smokers, there's a comfortable designated area for you to smoke and it's right close to the rest rooms - which were spotlessly clean.

Housekeeping is perfect. Our suite was cleaned each day around the same time in the late morning and was done with attention to detail! That's something you rarely see. The housekeepers are friendly, courteous and helpful.

We can’t wait to go back to this resort. It’s the best we’ve ever experienced. It’s top of the line. I just wouldn’t waste time with any other resort in Fort Lauderdale. Why bother with the rest when you’ve stayed with the best. Go and enjoy! I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed with this wonderful place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank siggy71
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed for the weekend. Hotel room was beautiful, great bathroom with large whirlpool tub. The staff was very helpful. Beautiful pool, beach was directly across street. We walked to a couple of restaurants close by, felt very safe walking at night. Great location.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends