My traveling party ( myself, wife, 8 year old son, and 18 year old daughter) arrived in Fort Lauderdale from Dallas, TX on June 28th and departed on July 3rd. I am a frequent business traveller that stays exclusively at Hilton Properties. Thus, I am a Hilton Honors member and my stay here was a points stay. So, I have no comments on the cost of the room, but understand it is in line with other similar properties in the area.
We arrived in the evening hours and were met with a warm greeting at check-in. The service and courtesy of the hotel staff were top notch during our entire stay. That would include, pool staff, front desk, bartenders, restaurant staff, Bell staff, and security staff. They were all very helpful and had displayed great attitudes. That is very nice to see while you are on vacation.
Rooms - Nicely decorated with a modern touch and great view of the beach.
Pool - Lunched twice while at the pool and both times were extremely satisfied with the quality of the food. The size of the portions are enough to share, so do not let the prices scare you off.
Breakfast - The hotel restaurant offers menu service($20), a continental buffet ($17), and a hot buffet ($27). The food selection was good and the service was great. As for price. I feel this is a little high even for the quality. I bit the bullet due to the convienence and some HHonors coupons, but see where others may seek alternatives. One of which is the street level Bakery. Great service with basic Starbucks menu plus a few more hot items. All good.
Beach - Very short and easy walk to the beach. Do not let this scare you away. Towels are provided on the beach and you can rent umbrellas and chairs. I felt $50 for 3 chairs ($10 ea) and 1 umbrella ($20) was a bit high, but after watching several folks try to setup there own, it became a much better value.
Pool - Weekdays seemed very easy to get chairs and service was spot on. On the Week-end you will need to plan a little better and arrive earlier in order to get a favorable spot. The pool is not huge, but very serviceable since there is a beach 2 minutes away.
Parking - $30 per day valet parkling is your only option. Highway robbery in my eyes, but what can you do? Just factor it into the cost of the room as compared to the other locations.
After initially planning on going to the Hilton Resort in Clearwater, FL, but changing locations due to the potential oil spill impact (which there ended up not being any) my entire group was extremely satisfied with my choice and enjoyed our first trip to the Fort Lauderdale area. We will return....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort is located on the shoreline of Fort Lauderdale's exclusive north beach, between the palm-shaded boulevards of Sunrise and Las Olas. The Resort delivers the refined elegance of beach resort living, with unique tropical amenities and upscale accommodations, much larger than a regular hotel. Our vision is to provide Distinct Personalized Service by creating unforgettable experiences for our well-traveled guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hilton