“Great vacation!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

I'll be honest and say that I'm pretty picky about hotels and vacation spots, but this was a really great place. We had a junior ocean-view suite, and it was fabulous. Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in my life! Amazing views (the front desk asked us what floor we wanted to be on so we chose the very top.) The hotel is within a short walking distance of many restaraunts, bars, and shops, so I wouldn't recommend renting a car, especially with the high parking rates at the hotel. My only suggestions are that this is probably not the hotel for a family with kids because the food and drinks at the hotel are expensive and it really is a more high-class place. Also, walk to CVS on your first day and buy bottled water, drinks, and snacks as they are much cheaper there and you can take them back to your hotel room. Lastly, when eating out around town, we found that most restaraunts included the tip in the final price of the bill already, but they still put a line there for you to add tips... we were fooled a couple times by this, so look carefully, especially if you are having a more expensive dinner. This place is really amazing, you will not regret booking here, I promise!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,154)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
south Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

First off let me say that I am very particular about the hotels that I stay in and this hotel more than met my expectations. The front desk staff, valet staff, concierge, and housekeeping were all outstanding. They were all very friendly and helpful. We ate lunch at Ilios one day. The food was ok but pricey which was to be expected. It was $45 for a sandwich and fish tacos with two sodas. The room was great as well. We had a junior suite with a balcony. It was very nice. It had a kitchenette with a fridge, stove, sink w/disposal, and microwave and a sitting area with a couch and flat screen tv. The only complaint I had was the people in the room next to us would come in around 3 am and slam their door over and over. I called the desk and complained and they promptly sent someone up to handle it. This is a great hotel and I will definitely be coming back!

new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

I was there during a busy long weekend. I think it was spring-break time (lots of college age) The staff was wonderful, and attentive. The room was super-clean. The bed was so comfortable! The bathroom was amazing! Oh and the view... amazing! The fitness area was a bit small, but had nice equipment. The pool was beautiful, but I didnt use it, I sat out and sunbathed. The restaurant reccomendations the hotel concierge made were spot-on. The restaurant near the pool was very nice for breakfast. I will go back when I go to Ft. Laud again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

Stayed here with extended family in 2 one bedroom suites for 4 nightd. Staff was friendly (always greeting us and excellent customer service, poolside staff very accomodating). The rooms were nice and clean and the housekeeping staff did a great a job. The only reason I give this a 9.5 and not a perfect 10 is because they really should not be charging $15 a day for internet and $19 to print boarding passes. That is not reasonable. It is cheaper to get a cellular data plan for an entire month than $15 per day per device. I understand the need to charge per minute in the business center to keep it from being an internet hangout,but $1 per B&W printed copy is unreasonable. Be aware - only use yellow cabs if you need local transportation - don't use any other cab as they are a ripoff with non standard pricing. Also - dining options are a little pricey for some things. I don't mind paying $8 for a smoked salmon sandwhich, but $9 plus tip for a kid's hot dog and fries is unreasonable. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stayed at this hotel twice in a two week period (for a total of 11 nights), and both times had a 'Two Queen Bed Ocean View' room. We were meant to be spending the second week of our trip at the Fairfield Inn Downtown hotel, however, after only two nights, we decided to check-out and move back to the Hilton, since the quality difference between the two hotels far exceeded the small difference in price.

The two rooms that we stayed in were on opposite sides of the hotel, but both had large balconies with wonderful views of the ocean. The rooms were clean, spacious and well-equiped and had lovely big bathrooms with walk-in showers. Everyone working in the hotel was very polite. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but the snacks, cakes and pizza in the ground floor cafe were very good.

We didn't have a car, but found it very easy to get around on-foot and using the Friday-Sunday trolley service. From the hotel we were able to walk to the Galleria Mall, the Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, Bonnet House, a Watertaxi stop, and a few local shops and restaurants. The trolley took us to a Publix supermarket, and to the restaurants at Las Olas.

Overall, we would thoroughly recommend this hotel. If we visit Fort Lauderdale again, we will probably rebook the Hilton Beach Resort.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

I had one night in the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale. I arrived quite late in the eening after travelling nearly 24 hrs straight. The room was very good. The facilities were very clean. The staff I met at check-in were excellent.

I restaurant on the 6th floor serves an excellen breakfast. It was a great start to a very busy day of travelling.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

Booked a 2 night stay at the beginning of May via the website. Initially booked a KING STUDIO OCEANVIEW but after booking online was given the opportunity to be given a standby upgrade to a KING BED OCEANVIEW JUNIOR SUITE for only $15 extra a night.

Checked in at around 4pm after a very long flight from the UK and received a very welcome reception, and was pleased to see the upgrade was given.

The room was very large and clean, and we had a wraparound balcony with a great view of both the beach and the waterway.

Location was excellent and it was only a 10-15 minute walk to CVS, although there were shops onsite including a bakery/cafe which served Starbucks and had free WiFi. This was great as you could sit on the sofas directly outside and use the Wi Fi - much better than using the expensive Hilton service.

First night we just grabbed a cab to the Galleria (approx $10) and the 2nd we opted to stay in, and just got a pizza and salad from the bakery downstairs and ate it in our room. Very good it was too.

We had a breakfast package with our room and used the buffet both mornings which was excellent. Lots of options and great service.

I had heard that the pool area got very busy but as we didn't use it I can't comment, but we did have a look round and it was very nice.

Would definitely stay again if in the Fort lauderdale area again, and wouldn't hesitate recommending the place.

1 Thank 38anchor