5,871 results
All reviewsacross the streetilios restaurantfull kitchenwrap around balconyocean viewpool areajunior suitepool staffw hoteldiamond memberliving roomresort feevalet parkingper dayfort lauderdale beachan umbrellabeach chairs
Reviewed January 17, 2010

free drink after 5 pm was awsome i would tell other people about this

Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed January 13, 2010

To: Andreas A. Ioannou, General Manager

I wanted to take a moment to commend your team for such a pleasant stay this past week. Our stay was over (7) nights beginning on Jan 3rd. Although I do not travel much for business, I do like to stay and premium properties on our 3-4 family vacations each year. I must say that while this was our first time staying at your resort, my experience truly exceeded my expectations.

I found your staff to be very kind at each point of contact throughout the resort and in a way that was very consistent, regardless of who or where. I have not stayed at a Hilton property in some time, and for some reason just did not expect the level of service and kindness that I experienced from your staff this past week. I was really impressed with your group and I suggested to my wife that it was Ritz Carlton like, but a little less stuffy....which for me, was perfect!

I would also like to point out one employee, Carlos the bell-man. We had many interactions with Carlos at check-in, check-out and often times he would strike-up conversations with us as we were coming and going in the elevators and hallways; what a pleasant and kind man he is, and he always made us chuckle with his conversation...a really good guy!

We so enjoyed our stay and will certainly keep you in mind for our future stays in Fort Lauderdale.

Regards,

Jim

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fsusports
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Had a long girls weekend with my college age daughter and sister during the cool spell that reached southern FL. We were able to sleep in late however they are lacking in insulation as we heard many hall and neighboring noises especially babies crying. The 6th floor restaurant needs some help. Very small and since it is a vacation resort-most guests come the last hour opened. Had to wait some mornings for 30 minutes. This is ridiculous. As Hilton Honors Diamond, did not receive room upgrade even after requested but did receive complimentary continental breakfast-valued at $17.00 that is a joke. Mainly cereal and fruit. You can upgrade for $4.00 and receive eggs, meat, bread and toast. We were quoted that the breakfast buffet was $28.00 or $11.00 upcharge with the coupons. The food was not worth that price especially with the wait. We did the 4.00 eggs, bacon, toast route and held a table for 20 minutes while preparing. Seems like they would realize if they lowered that buffet price, more would choose that and the wait would decrease and customers would be happy.
The room was a small studio but nice. Was prepared to bring cash for the many tips. Upon arrival, we asked for kitchen utensils and just received plates and silverware even though we had a stove. We did not have a washer/dryer that is found in some rooms and there was not one available-only thru their service which is overpriced. Called twice to repair the stopper in the sink and the toilet paper holder was broken. Neither were fixed the 4 days we were there.
The staff overall was helpful and nice but I could tell they were wanting tips. Valet was efficent and helpful. I could not fiqure out housekeeping. Once I had to call to get them to come after it was 4:00 and did not have cleaning and once they were in and out while at breakfast. One day they were in the room over an hour while we were cold by the pool.
The toiletries were upgraded products and we always had enough.
Did not bring computer and went to business center to use computer to check my email but found out that you need to purchase minutes. I have stayed at Hiltons before and never had pay in the center to utlize the computer. Printing yes but not computer use.
Overall good resort that I would really rate 3.5 but went ahead and rounded up to 4. Many young kids and babies were in attendance. Did not see any activity areas for children not even a game arcade area. Beach area nice but too cold to visit plus they need an overhead crosswalk as the road is very busy. Nice padded lounge chairs by the beautiful relaxing pool.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My husband and I usually stay at a Westin when we go on trips, but opted to save some money this time. We got a great room (studio), ocean view for less than half then what we would've paid for at a Westin! I was amazed with the entire hotel.. we got treated like royalty by the staff. The valet was pricey, but that's expected at most 4 star+ hotels. The restaurant was nice, with a great breakfast buffet. The only downfall that I could find at this hotel was that there was no adult pool and too many children in the only pool that they have. Otherwise I loved it and we made many friends at the Hilton!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We had a 2 bedroom suite with full kitchen. We filled out the form on the Hilton website requesting 2 sets of dishes/pans and extra towels. They were not there when we checked in. Our suite was not available until after 3 which was disappointing since we were Hilton Honors members. Had to make 2 separate calls to get the kitchen supplies. Hilton advertises about the kitchen but does not tell you that you are given just the basics. I had ordered a Turkey meal from a local grocery store and we had to call the dining room and make a big deal, because we needed a tray to place the turkey on. Overall, don't think that since you are getting a kitchen, that it will be usable for anything more than cereal and sandwiches.

The bedrooms were wonderful. The bedding topnotch and the beds quite comfortable. The bathrooms were also top notch. Our maid left us gobs of shampoo etc.

The biggest complaint is the pool area. My family went down at 8:30 am to swim and all the chairs were taken and only about 5 people actually in the area. There needs to be a policy of if you aren't in the chair after 30 minutes, the towel is removed and the chair is available to all.

Also, it was quite difficult crossing the busy street to get to the beach. Even though there is a state law requiring cars to stop at crosswalks, they absolutely do not. You are crossing at your own peril. The beach once you got to it was nice except you had to pay for a chair. This was riduculous.

My last complaint was the valet parking. Okay, you have to pay $30 a day. My question is, do you still have to tip every time you retrieve your car or is that supposed to be covered? We were unsure and ended up tipping. This again was outrageous.

The Hilton will nickle and dime you to death.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family