“Better the second time around!”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband, sister and I spent another 4 nights here in March 2014. I knew to ask for a room on the south side this time and what a difference it makes! It was totally worth waiting several hours until one became available. The view from the balconies (King Jr. Suite) was of the ocean and the intercoastal and was really beautiful. Although we spent most of our time on the beach, when we did go to the pool, the water was definitely warmer than last year and much more enjoyable. There really was nothing negative about the hotel....just be aware that the chairs and umbrella rentals on the beach cost $$ and it does add up. The gym was nothing fantastic but it was adequate.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
John A, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you for the review, and your loyalty to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I am pleased that, once again, you enjoyed your stay, and the comfortable and spacious accommodations. We hope you continue to think of our resort as your home away from home when traveing to the Fort Lauderdale area. Regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had the pleasure of spending 5 days at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach property; from the minute we walked into the lobby we were treated like long lost family. The Staff is top notch across all aspects of the property. We arrived early & was called via cell phone once our room was ready; which was way ahead of " normal " check-in... The room was spacious, clean & bright... The beach is across the street with towels & water supplied by the hotel; beach chairs & umbrellas are available to rent offer by the city of Ft Lauderdale... We had a great lunch; pizza & salad at the lobby food court.. Had lunch our first day at the pool restaurant & the only comment was that they need to add staff during the busy lunch time; makes no sense to have to wait 10 minutes for a cocktail ( truly my only negative the entire stay ) Say hi to Vicky in the lobby she will take care of all your needs !!! Must state again; AMAZING STAFF !!!

Room Tip: Go the extra mile & get an ocean front room; the wrap around balconies are amazing & the kit...
1  Thank lovetoeat5935

We appreciate the candid comments about your recent stay. I am pleased that our entire team provided you with friendly and helpful service, and that you enjoyed dining in Le Marche. I will ensure that Vicki receives recognition as well, and will share your feedback with all departments. I hope you can return soon! Thank you, John.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Just checked into this hotel, today, 4/19/14....what an experience! We have been planning and looking forward to our two night stay, even calling to tell them of our upcoming anniversary. I insisted on this hotel from online research and last time we visited, we stayed at The Westin Hotel..needless to say, our initial reception was awful! The lady at the reception told as we would wait five minutes to be checked in as soon as we arrived. Thirty minutes later, we're still waiting in the lobby. We are with our four year old...and if you have kids, you know what that means! My husband inquired with the lady after our long wait and he was told, "the room is being inspected now..." I should mention, the lady at this time was on the phone and my husband over heard her saying "the customer is in my face..." we waited a little longer, and at this time, our four year old is anxious and restless. Luckily, from all my research, I had shared with DH, he had saved the GM's number on his phone...he called him and left a message. At this time we're both getting upset..non of this would have been a problem if we had been told it would take so long instead of five minutes! Lo and behold, the GM came down and everything changed! We were quickly ushered to our room, which we were almost being talked out of, in minutes! I must add, the GM made a difference! We had been promised a "surprise" in our room for our anniversary, but there was no luck there...we have been offered free continental breakfast for our stay, we are hoping the rest of our stay turns out better. Must add though, the ocean view makes a huge difference, and a great thanks to Georgios Atzemouglou for stepping up and getting us to our room quickly. We are trying to be positive!

2  Thank clmumba

Thank you for taking time to speak with me directly about your concerns. Although you were upset that you requested an early check-in and had to wait thirty minutes prior to receiving your room at 1:35 p.m., I gave you my assurances in the lobby that we would turn your stay around. I believe we delivered on this promise spectacularly through our team’s intensive service recovery efforts throughout your stay. I would hope that your comments would reflect your entire three day / two night stay and not just the first thirty minutes of your experience.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel March 31-April 5th of 2014. I was there with my 4 year old son, a good friend and her son who is 4 as well. All 4 of us had an amazing time. The wonderful weather and definte change of scenery was great but what made the trip amazing was where we stayed and the PEOPLE that worked there.
Our room was better than what we pictured.We had a King size suite, which was obviously a king size bed with an enormous bathroom with whirl pool tub and large shower. Also in that room was a walk in closet as well as a view of the beach, with a door that lead to our huge porch. The living room was just as nice and spacious. There was a pull out couch, large flat screen TV (the bedroom had one as well), the view of the beach and also access to our huge porch, actually more like deck. In the room there was also a full kitchen. Pots and pans, cooking utensils were availabl free of charge. In the room we also had another bathroom. We basically had a 2 bedroom condo for the price of a one bedroom room. It was also, very clean and house keeping was on top of it everyday. Always meeting our needs.
The pool was beautiful, located on the 6th floor, which gave us a better view of the ocean right below us. If you are planning to stay at the pool an entire day while you are there, I highly recommend gettting a cabanna. I was very surprised how inexpensive it was to rent one for the entire day. With that you are still in the pool area but you have a shaded private area, complete with bed like seating. You can either sit down in there for a quick rest, while eating the free huge fruit platter that comes with the cabanna. Or you can take a nap in there with the ceiling fan on. There is also a small flat screen TV in there as well, in case your kids need to be out of the sun for awhile (good distraction).
The service at the pool was amazing. They were all very nice and always working fast to get food and drinks. We had a server named Justin most of the days that we were at the pool and he was such a genuinely good guy and great server. Everyone there was professional and had the same goal which was to make the clientel feel relaxed and happy.
Other good points about the hotel-great location. Its close enough to the night life but not right next to it, so you are able to sleep at night if you want to go bed early. Its also very close to Fort Lauderdale by the Sea, which is a smaller community nice dining options and cute little shops.
I could go on an on about how wonderful the hotel is because it is phenomenal but I will leave you with just one more plus about the hotel. The staff genuinely cared about wether we were enjoying our stay or not. If anyone working there saw that a customer might be upset with something at the Hilton, which was rare, the employees automatically would get involved and see what they could do to make thier stay better.
The Director of Operations, Tamas Vago, made sure that myself and my guests were happy at all times. Tamas and the rest of the staff put in genuine care and effort into making my stay beyond wonderful. I saw this happening with other guests as well. Tamas was very attentive to everyone at the hotel. Tamas and his staff were the icing on the cake. Without them I would have had a great place to stay and wonderful amenities but with them there was a genuine care for our well being. They made us feel at home. I cant express how much Tamas and the staff made our stay a memorable one. Thank you to Tamas and the rest of the staff at the Hilton in Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Suite on the 6th floor. You will have great access to the pool and a larger porch/dec...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley L

Thank you for the great review about your recent stay; I am pleased that you found your Suite comfortable, and that you were provided with personalized service. I will share your comments with our entire team, and ensure that Justin and Tamas receive the recognition they deserve for going above and beyond. We certainly hope you can return soon, and if I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. John

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here for 6 nights. We had a one bedroom ocean front suite. The suite was huge and bright with great views of the ocean from every room. It is worth the splurge for the ocean front. The wrap around balcony was huge and we sat out there every day. The suite is large with 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen. We would highly recommend this hotel. Service overall was good. We would come here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the review and recommendation; we are pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable and comfortable Resort experience! I will share your kind comments with our entire team, and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort for 2 days before our Girls Getaway Cruise. The hotel is very nice and the staff is friendly. it was a great place to unwind and prepare for our cruise. The room was comfortable with great ocean views from the spacious balcony. It was great having the beach just a short walk across the street. The kitchenette came in handy for left overs. We were able to get a shuttle to the pier for $9 per person. All in all, it was a wonderful stay and I hope we get to return some day!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

I am pleased to read, "Hilton Has It All!". Thank you for the great review about your Girls Getaway stay. It appears that our entire team provided helpful and friendly service, and that your accommodations were clean and comfortable. We hope your cruise was just as enjoyable, and that your future plans will include another stay at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed the last night after a Caribbean cruise at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort since we wanted to splurge a little and stay somewhere really nice our last night in town. Since the Ritz Carlton was too expensive, we opted for the Hilton since both the hotel and its location seemed very nice.

We contacted the hotel in advance about getting picked up from the cruise terminal. It took about a week for the hotel to respond which probably is a little bit longer than it should be, but after that initial delay responses were quite quick. When we were waiting to leave the ship our driver contacted us and after passing immigration she came and picked us up and took us to the hotel.

When arriving the hotel we were checked in by a really friendly girl . Since we're Hilton Silver we received complimentary wifi and a few vouchers for a non-alcoholic beverage in the semi-Starbucks Le Marche Cafe close to the lobby area which was appreciated.

The room was very nice. We had asked for a high floor and received a room on the 21st floor with a view of both the beach and the city. The room had a kitchen, bathroom with a jacuzzi and rain head shower, balcony, great, but slightly small, bed and a tv with fantastic reception and picture quality which I always appreciate.

We made a brief stop to the pool area which was nice and from the sixth floor overlooked the ocean. The pool area is also where the hotel's Ilios restaurant is situated which served a quite tasty altough not fantastic dinner.

In general the hotel is very nice. The room was one of the better I've stayed in and the location is just across the road from the beach. I would probably stay again if back in Ft Lauderdale, a quite strong four.

Room Tip: High floor with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to post a review; I am pleased that your accommodations were comfortable and that you enjoyed the beautiful view! We appreciate the recommendation and your loyalty to Hilton as Silver Honors memebers; and hope you can return in the near future.