“Love the view looking South! Beautiful rooms! Excellent Staff!”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Compassrose89
“Love the view looking South! Beautiful rooms! Excellent Staff!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is my favorite Hotel on Ft. Lauderdale Beach.. My home away from home! I've been in nearly every kind of suite that is available, including the Presidential Suite on an free upgrade (ocean front with 3 separate suites, full gourmet kitchen, luxurious living room/ dining room, master suite on second floor, 1/2 in master suite area, large open balcony in master suite as well. With the other 2 suites connect to the master suite have their own separate balconies too). My favorite suite of all has been the Oceanfront suite with a wrap around balcony so you get the best views of everything from sunrise to sunset, over the ICW and beautiful Downtown sky scrapers. This is a 1 BR suite with 2 full bathrooms, bathtub over looking the ocean and a full kitchen. Let me not forget to mention the living room area also features a full size pull out sofa bed! Get the southern view! The staff is amazing! Remembering my name as soon as my car pulls up to the Valet, Bell men, welcoming us back and the front desk folks can work wonders when you ask for certain accommodations. This Hotel goes the extra mile when it comes to Superb Excellent Service! If there were a rating of 10, I would not hesitate to rate this way!

Room Tip: South view, above the 9th floor.. No street noise!
2 Thank Compassrose89
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for the review; we are pleased that the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort has become your 'home away from home' when traveling to the Fort Lauderdale area. I am also pleased that our team continues to provide you with personalized service during your stay. We hope to see you back soon. Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,160)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed in a 1 bedroom with ocean view. Great balcony views surrounded room. Clean, Full kitchen, 4+ star comforts and service. Convenient to beach and short drive to shopping and fun parts of Fort Lauderdale. Room rate, parking and food were more than fair and reasonable considering quality. Some GMs consider me the guest from "h_ll" -- first time in a long time that I didn't have to request a change of room soon after checking in. Everything worked, room was quiet and staff were always helpful and attentive.

2 Thank WestEastOne
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for the review; I am pleased that your experience at our Resort was 'Great'. We appreciate all guest feedback and I will share your comments with our entire team. I hope you can return soon. Regards, Andreas
Montréal
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The Junior Suite offers an excellent view of the ocean and the downtown area (if staying in a southside room). Not to close to the noise near Las Olas but just a few minutes walking distance. Good service at the little snack-restaurant downstairs. Fantastic pool. Good gym. Heplful concierge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank flying_puffin_9
We appreciate the review about your recent stay; I am pleased that you enjoyed our Fort Lauderdale beach location and the 6th floor Sunrise Terrace pool area. We hope you can return soon. Thank you!
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I absolutely love this resort! We have stayed at this resort At least 7 times and each year we are so glad we come visit! The staff are so friendly, rooms are great,the view frm the pool is great and food is great at the restaurants ( we still have t tried the new restaurant). Most of the rooms have balconies which is great!

My only complaint was the restaurant by the pool for dinner. They have an incredible breakfast buffet which I def recommend. We had dinner there last night and it was delicious however the portions were tiny and we left there hungry after paying $150 for food for 3. Had to grab something else after we left from downstairs which I always hate doing after a great and expensive meal. The fish was tiny that I was given and same for my husbands meal. In the past I don't remember this at all just that the food was really good.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank BrookeBellask
Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort; we appreciate your kind comments, and I'm pleased that you continue to find your resort experience enjoyable. I will share your remarks with our F&B team for further discussion and additional training if needed. We hope to see you back soon, and that you continue to think of our Resort as your home away from home when traveling to Fort Lauderdale.
South Hadley, MA
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We had an excellent and relaxing two night stay in room 2412, which is a queen studio suite (two queen bed room). Everything was excellent except for a minor noise issue.

Pros -
- Across the street from the beachhotel provides towels both at valet entrance and on the beach although you have to rent chair and umbrella on the beach)
- Room was very clean.
- Service was prompt in all areas.We called housekeeping twice for a couple requests and the door knocked within 5 minutes each time. Car from valet was always brought up promptly. No wait at reception for check in or check out.
- Free wifi for Hilton Honors members, so may be worth your while to sign up. My silver got the free wifi and coffee in the cafe.
- Room was large with mini--kitchen, separate jacuzzi bath tab and rainfall shower
- Nice ocean view balcony with two chairs and table
- Great pool area on 6th floor with drink and towel service overlooking the ocean

And now the only con:
- Noise in our room. Our room was next to the elevators and we heard clunking sounds at various times through the walls.

Other notes:
Valet is $32.95 per night
S3 restaurant was excellent .
Did not get to use spa or gym

3 Thank germ
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We are pleased your Resort experience was enjoyable and comfortable, and that our team provided 'Excellent service'! I'm sorry you experiences some noise challenges, and have shared your comments with our Engineering team for further review. Thank you for taking time to post a review and offer feedback. We look forward to your next visit! Regards,
Summit, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I keep coming back year after year. If you never stayed here before every room has a mini or full kitchen and the bathrooms are huge. the showers are all waterfall heads and everything is tasteful and functional.The rooms were recently upgraded so the carpets and furniture are all brand new. The best part is the location, right across from the beach and the amazingly helpful and courteous staff. Also you're easy walking distance to just about everything in Ft. Lauderdale. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank George C
Thank you for the review, and your loyalty to our Resort! It appears that our team continually provides the helpful and professional service that you should expect, and that your accommodations were comfortable and clean. We hope to see you back soon. Andreas
Upstate New York
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel is perfectly located. You are a few minute walk to the beach and restaurants.

They have a wonderful concierge in Vicky Brandt and it's worth reaching out to her for trips, reservations and car rentals. I emailed her before we arrived and she was very prompt and courteous in her replies.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up floor with a view
3 Thank Krav1
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay. I am pleased that your Resort experience was positive, and will ensure that Vicki receives recognition for going above and beyond to assist with all your needs. We hope you can return in the near future. Regards,