“Relaxing Beach Getaway at the Beautiful Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is truly a gorgeous resort nestled across the street from the beach. All of the amenities you could want within walking distance or even more conveniently, from the comfort of your hotel. This hotel has beautiful views, great customer service and everything you could want at your fingertips. I reserved a Jr. Suite with an Ocean View, but was thrilled to find I also had a beautiful view of the intercostal waterway as well. The balcony is a great place to relax and watch a sunrise or sunset. I also loved the option of a gorgeous on-site restaurant, room service and quick coffee shop all at the same hotel to meet my needs each day. I love the kitchenette offered in the room and the whirlpool baths can't be beat. I'm happy to share my photos with you to see the views you can expect during your stay. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: I loved the ocean and waterway views from my room. Also, check out a suite or jr. suite for added am...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for the review about your recent stay; we are pleased your Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable, and memorable. We look forward to your next visit. Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (5,554)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We've been fortunate enough that almost all of my Trip Advisor reviews are very favorable so you'll see we've had good luck with almost all of our travels (from France & Cayman Islands to more domestic locales like Pebble Beach) but for some reason the service here was WAY off during our stay and not at all what you'd expect from a hotel charging almost $500 a night (with tax) for an Ocean view room. And that is precisely where the bad service started - the room. You would think when a Hilton Honors member is checking in for a 5 night stay and paying a premium full fare, they would assign a good room. Not the case. Our 1st room was on the 6th floor - which is where the pool, restaurant and gym were located, but the worst part was the view - mostly facing other buildings, but the ocean view was there if you went out on your balcony - mind you when your're checking in at 10:00 at night, this is the last thing you want to deal with.
We had our room changed right away so they took care of that but the room seemed like it hadn't been thoroughly dusted/cleaned (the phones, side tables, ets were dusty). 3 out of 5 days, we had to call housekeeping to have the In-Suite Coffee replenished as each day they never seemed to replenish it correctly. When we used the robes, they didn't replenish those either. All of this may seem trivial but the icing on the cake was the afternoon we left the concierge a message around 4:00 with specific requests for dinner reservations and by 8:00 no one had called back so we decided to make our own. Again, these might seem like small issues BUT not when you are paying so much for the room. I spoke with the Assistant manager Kym who was very nice and tried to rectify the situation.
Given the other positive reviews, I'm not sure why our service was so lacking but it in fact was.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Craig K
Andreas I, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for the review; we aim to make every guest feel cared for and comfortable, and it appears that we fell short during your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping and Engineering team for further review and discussion. I apologize for the issues described, and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly. At your convenience, I can be reached at 954-414-2602. Sincerely, Andreas

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is just beautiful and right across the street from the wonderful beach. I had reserved a room with two queen beds as my sister and I were going on a cruise the following day. They offered to upgrade me to a suite for $15.00 more. I took the suite and it was just beautiful. We had a grand balcony where we just sat and people watched. We ordered room service and it was very good but VERY expensive. The service is excellent and the hotel is top of the line. I have stayed here before and I would stay here again!!!

Room Tip: IT is very expensive to eat here at restaurant or room service and they charge $35.00 a night to par...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rakool1

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. I am pleased to read that your room upgrade made for a comfortable and enjoyable stay for you and your sister. We hope you will continue to think of our Resort as your home away from home when traveling to Fort Lauderdale. Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel is our favorite in the area. The staff is extremely friendly, professional and helpful from management to engineering staff. They make you feel as part of the family and are child friendly. The rooms are very comfortable and many have full kitchens. The hotel provides guests with full set of kitchenware and tableware in the kitchen upon request. The food in the restaurant is always fresh and made to order. Chef Sean, Nichole, and Kyriacos at Ilio's restaurant on the 6th floor of the hotel were very accommodating to dietary needs particularly to food allergies. Many of the restaurant workers from managers to waiters knew what our needs were and went above and beyond to accommodate us. Water in the pool was warm and the beach is conveniently located directly across the street. There is a café and a gift shop on the 1st floor that we resorted to for last minute items. However, there is shopping and restaurants all within walking distance. Daniela, the massage therapist at the spa was incredible. We love this hotel for many things it has to offer and go back every year!

Room Tip: stayed there many times in various rooms, each one had its perks. Ocean front is always a great view...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank OlgaKag

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort! I am pleased that our team continues to provide you with personalized service; and I will ensure that the Team Members mentioned receive the recognition they deserve. We are very proud of our Culinary team and their efforts to accomodate specific dietary needs. We look forward to your return very soon! Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Sadly we only stayed 2 nights in this fantastic hotel as I would love to have lingered. Staff were amazing and greeted us at every opportunity. I was told about HHonors programme upon arrival and was signed up immediately, earning free Wi-Fi and Starbucks coffee vouchers on the spot. Yes, there is a Starbucks on the ground floor which has a pizzeria adjacent, Both are fabulous.
Our rooms were spacious and well appointed - we had Studio rooms which include a kitchen area. We didn't cook there but nice touch. The Hilton also provided really high quality toiletries in the rooms.
The restaurant on the 6th floor was lovely and we ate their the night we arrived. The staff overheard we were celebrating a wedding anniversary we were presented with a beautiful desert compliments of the staff. Also arrive on a Tuesday ladies as you get to drink free cocktails with dinner. I can recommend the pina colada which I am sure helped the jetlag.
The location is just up from the central beach area in Fort Lauderdale and literally across the road from the beach. It is a quiet location, good for chilling out and with easy access to areas such as Las Olas which is really worth a visit. The bus stops outside and goes to the Galleria Mall, which is walkable in about 20 mins, or Sawgrass Mills designer outlet, around 15 miles away. A selection of local stores including a drug store and food outlets are within a 5 minute walk.
Taxi costs approx $20 from Fort Lauderdale port, $25 from Fort Lauderdale airport and $30 from Miami airport. Tip, book in advance as it costs 20-40% more otherwise.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as it is one of the best I have ever stayed in. I can't comment on price as it was booked as part of a package.

Room Tip: A beach view on the upper levels is a good idea as they are quiet and you get a wonderful balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I am pleased your entire Resort experience was enjoyable, comfortable and memorable, and that our team provided 'amazing' service. I am also pleased to read about your dining experience in ilios, and that you celebrated your Anniversary with us! We hope you will continue to stay at our Resort when traveling to the Fort Lauderdale area. Thank you, Andreas

Reviewed January 1, 2014

There are an abundance of properties along the beach in Fort Lauderdale but this one does stand out in terms of service. Any questions were quickly and happily answered; the valets were friendly and responsive and I don't recall any hint of poor service during the entire visit. The room is well equipped for longer trips - included a very functional kitchen with upgraded appliances. The rooms was to be "beach view", and that was a bit of a stretch. Had to lean out over balcony to see beach - but that wasn't key for us so no big deal. However if you want a great beach view, I'd let them know at check in.

The property could use a better variety of dining; basically a starbucks with tiny cafe and an expensive restaurant. Room service was extremely expensive (with several added charges). Plenty of excellent restaurants in the area, just not in the hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a beach view make sure your room has a real view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay; I am pleased that your experience at our Resort was positive, and that our team provided you with the kind of service you should expect from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Our new restaurant, S3, is located oceanside; if you did not have a chance to dine during your last stay, we hope you can return in the near future and give this exciting new restaurant a try. If I can assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at 954-414-2602. Sincerely,

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our experience of this Hilton was as good as we have had in any of the hundreds of hotels we have stayed in. Fulsome praise, but deserved. An excellent junior suite on a high floor with superb views of ocean and the inland waterway. Great service from the moment we arrived - Carlos the bellman who took our luggage and us to our room, was friendly, informative, efficient and remembered us for the rest of our stay - and every time we interacted with the staff they seemed as good. It was just across the road to the beach, a short walk to many bars and restaurants or the boat ferry. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am pleased to read 'Fabulous' as your heading, and very happy to read that your Resort experience was enjoyable and memorable. It appears that our team provided you with personalized service, and I will ensure that Carlos receives the recognition he deserves for going above and beyond. We hope to see you back soon! Thank you,